    your password is fully revealed.

    :-(

    Gordy

    Gordy, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Gordy

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Gordy <> wrote in
    news::

    > Don't you hate it when:
    >
    > You have just signed up (for a product or service) on a secure web
    > site (https) and your password is reflected as ********
    >
    > Then a short while later you receive an email confirmation in which
    > your password is fully revealed.
    >
    >:-(
    >
    > Gordy

    Unforgivable today!
    Sourceforge?

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Gordy

    AD. Guest

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:45:40 +1200, Gordy wrote:

    > Don't you hate it when:
    >
    > You have just signed up (for a product or service) on a secure web site
    > (https) and your password is reflected as ********
    >
    > Then a short while later you receive an email confirmation in which your
    > password is fully revealed.

    Maybe they're hoping that the d00d that 0wnz your ISPs proxy server is a
    different d00d than the one that ownz your ISPs mail server ;)

    And that d00d that 0wnz some of the routers between you and the site is
    off sick today ;)

    Oh yeah, while we're at it the mail server d00d needs to be sick today as
    well.

    Seriously though what you're looking at is the equivalent of US Homeland
    Security - the appearance of security is more important than actual
    security.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton