  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Someone just handed you a check for $5000. What do you buy with it?
    Annika1980, May 9, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    Rick Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Someone just handed you a check for $5000. What do you buy with it?

    Assuming you're speaking of digital cameras, I would buy a Canon EOS 1D
    MKII.
    Rick, May 9, 2004

  3. "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > Someone just handed you a check for $5000. What do you buy with it?

    Nothing. It goes in the bank.

    The camera I want is an EOS 3 or _lower_ based dSLR (so I can lift it) with
    a full-frame sensor built from 10D pixels (6M x 1.6 x 1.6 = 15MP).

    It'll appear at some point, so I'll wait.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, May 9, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Jerry Guest

    A new glass eye with plenty of memory in it.
    Jerry, May 9, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    Jerry Guest

    Ok ok ok and a little on the side to keep the flame lit.
    But only cause it's mothers day and I like to share myself and a little
    cash.
    When I go to church today I don't repent I re-hint!

    Gotta go now and look outta me glassy eye and find a way to get one of those
    $5000 checks.
    Jerry, May 9, 2004
  6. "Rick" <> writes:

    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > > Someone just handed you a check for $5000. What do you buy with it?
    > >

    > Assuming you're speaking of digital cameras, I would buy a Canon EOS 1D
    > MKII.

    Ummm, lets see, you are going to buy a $4,500 camera (that is on allocation, so
    you are likely to wait months to get the camera) and then buy a cheap lens to
    go with it and a small memory card because you've blown your entire budget on
    the camera.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, May 10, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Thad Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote

    > Someone just handed you a check for $5000. What do you buy with it?

    Nikon D70 kit and bunch of dental work.

    -Thaddeus L.
    Thad, May 10, 2004
  8. "Michael Meissner" <> wrote:
    > "Rick" <> writes:
    > > "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > > > Someone just handed you a check for $5000. What do you buy with it?

    > > Assuming you're speaking of digital cameras, I would buy a Canon EOS 1D
    > > MKII.

    > Ummm, lets see, you are going to buy a $4,500 camera (that is on
    > allocation, so you are likely to wait months to get the camera)
    > and then buy a cheap lens to
    > go with it and a small memory card because you've blown your
    > entire budget on the camera.

    Bret's already got quite a few lenses and memory cards...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, May 10, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    jean Guest

    About 10 Sigma SD9s ;-)

    Jean

    You DID say spend, not invest!

    jean, May 10, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    Mikey S. Guest

    Another Canon lens for my outfit, probably the f/4.0 DO IS USM telephoto, I
    have been drooling over it since I first read about it. If I bought a gray
    market one, I'd have enough left over from $5000 for lunch money..if I ate
    cheap. <g>

    --

    Mikey S.
    http://www.mike721.com

    Mikey S., May 10, 2004
  11. (Annika1980) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Someone just handed you a check for $5000. What do you buy with it?

    $750 for an SD9 with a 24-300 (39-540 equiv) two lens kit, 1GB card,
    NiMHs AAs/charger, and $180 for a DG Super flash. $4070 barely makes
    a mortgage pmt these days.
    George Preddy, May 10, 2004
  12. George Preddy wrote:

    > (Annika1980) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>Someone just handed you a check for $5000. What do you buy with it?

    > $750 for an SD9 with a 24-300 (39-540 equiv) two lens kit

    Man, I just thought that I witnessed a post where the predmeister wasn't
    wrong on anything, until I realized that the 24-300 would of course be
    equivalent of ~41-510 (on a SD9). You just had to squeeze some extra
    mileage out of those figures as well, didn't you?

    -JP
    Jukka-Pekka Suominen, May 10, 2004