YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE 20D !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    Mako Guest

    Mako, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Annika1980

    jjs Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/34534269

    I'll bet the manufacturer is cringing in a corner dearly wishing you were
    not representing them. The colors are completely wrong, the image is full of
    noise, and it's not sharp. Why don't you post the full-resolution image as a
    TIFF file to give at least half a break to the camera.

    jjs, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Claim Guy Guest

    BURN!

    Claim Guy, Oct 2, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    Fi Nishing Guest

    Fi Nishing, Oct 2, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    grenner Guest

    grenner, Oct 2, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "jjs"

    >Why don't you post the full-resolution image as a
    >TIFF file to give at least half a break to the camera.

    You wouldn't want to see it as the original is quite dull.
    http://members.aol.com/annika1980/dullpic.jpg

    Annika1980, Oct 3, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    > >From: "jjs"

    >>Why don't you post the full-resolution image as a
    >>TIFF file to give at least half a break to the camera.
    >>

    > You wouldn't want to see it as the original is quite dull.
    > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/dullpic.jpg

    768 x 512 pixels from a 20D is not an image to represent the camera. Have
    anything at its real resolution?

    jjs, Oct 3, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "jjs"

    >http://members.aol.com/annika1980/dullpic.jpg
    >
    >768 x 512 pixels from a 20D is not an image to represent the camera. Have
    >anything at its real resolution?

    Yes, I've already posted a couple of full-size shots.

    Annika1980, Oct 3, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Annika1980 <> wrote:

    > http://www.pbase.com/image/34534269

    I'd just like to say two things.

    First, thanks for sharing your pictures so frequently. I really need to do
    that sort of thing someday.

    Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
    made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that way? Or
    are you more interested in brand advocacy than photography? Is there any
    particular reason it should matter to me what camera you used, unless I
    happen to be considering buying one?

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy Nixon, Oct 3, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    Mark M Guest

    "Jeremy Nixon" <> wrote in message
    > Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/34534269

    > I'd just like to say two things.
    >
    > First, thanks for sharing your pictures so frequently. I really need to

    do
    > that sort of thing someday.
    >
    > Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
    > made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that way? Or
    > are you more interested in brand advocacy than photography? Is there any
    > particular reason it should matter to me what camera you used, unless I
    > happen to be considering buying one?

    You'll get used to Bret.
    It's all in fun.

    Mark M, Oct 3, 2004
  12. Annika1980

    jjs, Oct 3, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    > >From: "jjs"

    >>http://members.aol.com/annika1980/dullpic.jpg
    >>
    >>768 x 512 pixels from a 20D is not an image to represent the camera. Have
    >>anything at its real resolution?

    > Yes, I've already posted a couple of full-size shots.

    Thanks for that. Much better!

    jjs, Oct 3, 2004
  14. Annika1980

    jjs Guest

    > Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
    > made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that way?
    > [...]

    Me thinks the photographer is being self-effacing and having fun.

    jjs, Oct 3, 2004
  15. Annika1980

    nick c Guest

    Jeremy Nixon wrote:
    > Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.pbase.com/image/34534269

    > I'd just like to say two things.
    >
    > First, thanks for sharing your pictures so frequently. I really need to do
    > that sort of thing someday.
    >
    > Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
    > made by the camera, rather than by you.

    (Grinning) The image was captured by the camera, as used by the creative
    eye of the photographer.

    > Do you really think that way? Or
    > are you more interested in brand advocacy than photography? Is there any
    > particular reason it should matter to me what camera you used, unless I
    > happen to be considering buying one?

    If the concern was directed towards film cameras, I would tend to agree.
    When negative sizes and types are fixed, there may be little striking
    difference in which popular camera equipment was used, as long as the
    camera equipment being considered were of a quality nature.

    I tend to think differently about digital cameras. Even with cameras
    considered to be of a quality nature, the size/type of the sensor and
    algorithms used in the cameras imaging process may well differentiate
    which equipment may be more desirable to a buyer.

    nick

    nick c, Oct 3, 2004
  16. Jeremy Nixon <> wrote in

    > Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image
    > was made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that
    > way? Or are you more interested in brand advocacy than photography?
    > Is there any particular reason it should matter to me what camera you
    > used, unless I happen to be considering buying one?

    Bret is a sort of unique guy. First - he calls himself Annika :)
    Second - he likes to make fun of us here. Writing in ALL CAPS
    and writing about the TOTALLY DIGITAL D30. Either he is weird
    or tries to pretend to be so - I don't know.

    But he often takes very good pictures. And he shares them.

    /Roland

    PS. Bret - is it Annika Sörenstam that you mean with Annika?

    Roland Karlsson, Oct 3, 2004
  17. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
    >made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that way?

    Well, it would be kinda difficult for me to make one without the camera.

    Annika1980, Oct 4, 2004
  18. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Oct 4, 2004
  19. Annika1980

    John Doe Guest

    Ever hear of Etch-A-Sketch? :) I thought the bird image was kind of
    interesting. It was a little dull, but nothing a little post processing or
    if it was shot in RAW and little RAW processing couldn't have taken care of.

    John

    John Doe, Oct 4, 2004
  20. In article <>,
    Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >http://www.pbase.com/image/34534269

    Damn it all, I used to have a D60 and looked for D60 articles and
    always you posting with that in the subject line. Now you're doing it
    for my new 20D.

    It's clear that all the efforts to stop you from posting are wasted, but
    could you please instead stop putting the name of your camera in the
    subject line, and just your name or something else? Your postings are
    not about the 20D, they are just more pictures with the 20D, which can
    be found plentifully everywhere for those who want to see sample shots
    in consideration of buying it.
    --
    Visit Burning Man 1999 in my photojournals
    http://www.templetons.com/brad/photo/bman99

    Brad Templeton, Oct 5, 2004