    Xtra seem to have removed the blocking that they had in place, that
    prevented people checking their xtra email with other ISPs. You now can
    check your Xtra email with other ISPs. I have tried and it works.

    John, Aug 20, 2007

  2. John

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:1187606072.512116@ftpsrv1...
    > Xtra seem to have removed the blocking that they had in place, that
    > prevented people checking their xtra email with other ISPs. You now can
    > check your Xtra email with other ISPs. I have tried and it works.

    For how long though..

    Craig Sutton, Aug 20, 2007

  3. John

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:40:17 +1200, in message <1187606072.512116@ftpsrv1>,
    John wrote:

    > Xtra seem to have removed the blocking that they had in place, that
    > prevented people checking their xtra email with other ISPs. You now can
    > check your Xtra email with other ISPs. I have tried and it works.

    It appears Yahoo have not (or not yet) put Xtra's old blocks
    in place on the outsourced mail servers.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Aug 20, 2007
  4. John

    Geoff Guest

    John wrote:
    > Xtra seem to have removed the blocking that they had in place, that
    > prevented people checking their xtra email with other ISPs. You now
    > can check your Xtra email with other ISPs. I have tried and it works.

    I've been accessing my Paradise and other ISP-hosted mail through Xtra for
    ever (well 12 months plus....). What gave you the impression it was ever
    blocked ?

    geoff

    Geoff, Sep 1, 2007
  5. John

    Rob S Guest

    Geoff wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >> Xtra seem to have removed the blocking that they had in place, that
    >> prevented people checking their xtra email with other ISPs. You now
    >> can check your Xtra email with other ISPs. I have tried and it works.

    > I've been accessing my Paradise and other ISP-hosted mail through Xtra for
    > ever (well 12 months plus....). What gave you the impression it was ever
    > blocked ?
    >
    > geoff

    I think he meant the other way around. You can check your Xtra email
    from an Ihug/whatever account.

    --

    Rob
    http://www.aspir8or.com

    Microsoft Windows: computing While U Wait,

    Rob S, Sep 1, 2007