    Meat Plow Guest

    To a sight that is not secure.

    Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?
    Meat Plow, Feb 10, 2006

  2. Meat Plow wrote:
    > To a sight that is not secure.
    >
    > Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    If the sight is my mother-in-law, block her in your Hosts file.

    --
    NOT pretty.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:22:16 +0000, Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> To a sight that is not secure.
    >>
    >> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    > If the sight is my mother-in-law, block her in your Hosts file.

    Don't want the sight blocked just the security alert :)
    Meat Plow, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Meat Plow

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > To a sight that is not secure.
    >
    > Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
    Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure modes"

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Feb 10, 2006
  5. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:31:55 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> To a sight that is not secure.
    >>
    >> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    > This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
    > Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
    > modes"

    Thanks, don't recall seeing that.
    Meat Plow, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:31:55 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> To a sight that is not secure.
    >>
    >> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    > This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
    > Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
    > modes"

    Just checked and it is unchecked. What else?
    Meat Plow, Feb 10, 2006
  7. Meat Plow

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:31:55 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:
    >>> To a sight that is not secure.
    >>>
    >>> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    >> This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
    >> Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
    >> modes"

    > Just checked and it is unchecked. What else?

    Sorry, no I have no other suggestion. I both disabled, and enabled it
    and it works as it should. Does the popup have the checkbox to disable
    it in the future?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Feb 10, 2006
  8. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:06:17 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
    >>> Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
    >>> modes"

    >> Just checked and it is unchecked. What else?

    > Sorry, no I have no other suggestion. I both disabled, and enabled it
    > and it works as it should. Does the popup have the checkbox to disable
    > it in the future?

    Nope, the exact dialog is:

    "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure. The
    information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to
    a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"

    I am given a Yes or No option.
    Meat Plow, Feb 10, 2006
  9. Meat Plow

    old jon Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:06:17 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Just checked and it is unchecked. What else?

    >> Sorry, no I have no other suggestion. I both disabled, and enabled it
    >> and it works as it should. Does the popup have the checkbox to disable
    >> it in the future?

    > Nope, the exact dialog is:
    >
    > "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure. The
    > information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to
    > a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"
    >
    > I am given a Yes or No option.

    I think the site chucks that message at you MP.
    old jon, Feb 10, 2006
  10. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:44:01 +0000, old jon wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry, no I have no other suggestion. I both disabled, and enabled it
    >>> and it works as it should. Does the popup have the checkbox to
    >>> disable it in the future?

    >> Nope, the exact dialog is:
    >>
    >> "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure. The
    >> information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted
    >> to a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"
    >>
    >> I am given a Yes or No option.
    >>

    > I think the site chucks that message at you MP.

    Well it's annoying whatever the source :)
    Meat Plow, Feb 10, 2006
  11. Meat Plow

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:44:01 +0000, old jon wrote:
    >

    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Nope, the exact dialog is:
    >>>
    >>> "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.
    >>> The information you are sending to the current site might be
    >>> retransmitted to a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"
    >>>
    >>> I am given a Yes or No option.
    >>>

    >> I think the site chucks that message at you MP.

    > Well it's annoying whatever the source :)

    Read this Mr. Plow:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883740/
    Dr. Bill, Feb 10, 2006
  12. Meat Plow

    trippy Guest

    In article <-meatplow.local>,
    Meat Plow took the hamburger, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh
    wow"...

    > To a sight that is not secure.
    >
    > Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    In IE:

    Tools --> Internet Options ---> advanced tab

    uncheck the box that says "warn if switching between secure and non-
    secure mode"

    --
    trippy
    mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

    NP: "Jellyroll" -- Blue Murder

    "Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
    but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum,
    a pocketknife, and a smile."

    -- Robert Redford "Spy Game"
    trippy, Feb 10, 2006
  13. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:44:31 +0100, Dr. Bill wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:44:01 +0000, old jon wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> I think the site chucks that message at you MP.

    >> Well it's annoying whatever the source :)

    > Read this Mr. Plow:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883740/

    Tried it but it didn't work :(
    Meat Plow, Feb 10, 2006
  14. Meat Plow

    PerfectReign Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:11:52 -0500, Meat Plow took a five-minute break
    from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

    > To a sight that is not secure.
    >
    > Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    Doesn't that read more like, "you stupid fucking idiot - get a real OS
    instead of this overpriced virus-ridden POS which has less than half the
    functionality of the alternatives"?

    No. I have no idea how to get rid of it other than setting your internet
    zone to less secure so more malicious ActiveX controls can invade your
    registry file with spyware.

    By the way - Pan on a Sparc? What UI are you using? Motif?

    --
    kai -

    \O/
    | <- Drawing of Mohammad doing jumping jacks

    / \
    PerfectReign, Feb 10, 2006
  15. Meat Plow

    Dr. Bill Guest

    trippy wrote:
    > In article <-meatplow.local>,
    > Meat Plow took the hamburger, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh
    > wow"...
    >
    >> To a sight that is not secure.
    >>
    >> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?
    >>

    > In IE:
    >
    > Tools --> Internet Options ---> advanced tab
    >
    > uncheck the box that says "warn if switching between secure and non-
    > secure mode"

    Oh dear, you stole that one from Old Fartus, did n't you, ya plagiarizing
    twit!
    Dr. Bill, Feb 10, 2006
  16. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:39:08 -0800, PerfectReign wrote:

    > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:11:52 -0500, Meat Plow took a five-minute break
    > from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:
    >
    >> To a sight that is not secure.
    >>
    >> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    > Doesn't that read more like, "you stupid fucking idiot - get a real OS
    > instead of this overpriced virus-ridden POS which has less than half the
    > functionality of the alternatives"?

    Can't play MSN Zone Euchre on anything but IE6.

    > No. I have no idea how to get rid of it other than setting your internet
    > zone to less secure so more malicious ActiveX controls can invade your
    > registry file with spyware.
    >
    > By the way - Pan on a Sparc? What UI are you using? Motif?

    I'll never tell.
    Meat Plow, Feb 10, 2006
  17. On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:22:16 +0000, Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> To a sight that is not secure.
    >>
    >> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

    > If the sight is my mother-in-law, block her in your Hosts file.

    A sight for sore eyes -- *only*? :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 10, 2006
  18. Meat Plow

    l Guest

    Anyone wants to joint the web design team that he/she has experience of
    Marketing or ASP/PHP/ JAVASCRIPT, contact me pls.

    "Blinky the Shark" <>

    l, Feb 22, 2006