Yez, Burrginyaa, der am de Santer Clauzen...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Dec 17, 2009.

  1. And its name is "MICROSOFT",
    fa la la - la - la - la -- LA!

    And it's *absolutely* F - R - E - E,
    say "*Whaaa!?!?!?!*"; whaa, whaa, whaa-utzupwitdat?

    http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

    You need to be running a Windoze or later...

    Hey, hot tip is you need to *completely* uninstall any/all
    existing AntiVirus products (anti-phishing and anti-spyware
    is probably OK, but even the obsolete "Windows Defender"
    may cause a serious conflict) then reboot and put 'er in --
    then you update it.

    The nice thang 'bout it, besides being whayphree, is that
    you can configure it to leave data directories alone, and
    you can control a lot of how/when/where it scans, UNLIKE
    most of the remaining freeware versions of anti-virus
    technomorphology which wants to answer your phone and
    toast your bagels while you're just drinking some coffee...

    It just caught a downloaded gremlin in my temporary internet
    files, just as the website I was visiting crashed... Whoaaaa...

    Then it ran a short scan and asked me if I wanted it to clean
    the poopyfile out.. to which I say, well du'h, why not - and
    then when it was done, I went back to the website which is
    still crashed out...

    I then ran a "full" scan (which I have configured to ignore all
    my data partitions and drives) on C:\ and it catches a
    "eBay_shortcuts_1016.exe (nsis-1-eBayShortcuts.exe) in my freeware
    *\Unlocker\ folder... it's v1.8.7 which still works after M$
    Essentials cleaned that poopyfile out of there...

    It was "TrojanClicker:Win32/Yabector.gen" and was totally removed
    with a very through report - and the remaining, "host", program
    still works!

    Now, I go to homepage for Unlocker v1.8.8 and not only is there an
    IE flag as the page being dangerous, but downloading the file from
    FileHippo, the downloaded file is tagged as containing a malicious
    element and cleaned as well...

    Hooray! Microsoft did some good one this time!

    HTH.

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but,
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 17, 2009

  2. Bucky Breeder

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Bucky Breeder Post:
    > And its name is "MICROSOFT",
    > fa la la - la - la - la -- LA!
    >
    > And it's *absolutely* F - R - E - E,
    > say "*Whaaa!?!?!?!*"; whaa, whaa, whaa-utzupwitdat?
    >

    > http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/
    >
    > Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    And I hear or see nothing about XP ??
    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere