    10D, RAW.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really need some help,
    thank you!!!
    John Marquis, Dec 22, 2005

  2. John Marquis

    Martin Brown Guest

    John Marquis wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have a LEXAR media 512mb compact flash card that has deleted files on
    > it I need to recover.
    >
    > I've tried the Image Rescue 2.0 software and the only files recovered
    > are the jpeg preview files, the actual RAW photos aren't coming back?!

    Try some of the PC software instead - it might well work better. But
    don't allow any software to modify the original media. Take an exact
    carbon copy and work only on that secondary copy of the raw data.

    > I'm using a MacG4 Titanium laptop, OS10.3.8. Images came from a Canon
    > 10D, RAW.
    >
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really need some help,
    > thank you!!!

    If the files you have recovered are the right size then it may be
    possible to do something. Please send me a couple of consecutive ones
    privately and I can quickly assess if there is any chance of repair.

    If the images are in a proprietory RAW format I am afraid the chances of
    success are not especially good. Also then I need in addition one good
    photo taken in the same format as the lost images.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown
    (my unlikely looking Reply-To address is valid)
    Martin Brown, Dec 22, 2005

  3. John Marquis

    Julie Meikle Guest

    I need a SD recovery!! I bought a new card online...it arrived very quickly
    so I put it "somewhere safe"....now I cannot find it ...horrible feeling I
    threw it out in the envelope for the recycling truck.. Woe!
    Julie

    Julie Meikle, Dec 22, 2005