    projector so that the picture is as close as possible to the correct
    aspect ratio?
    Elias

    Elias, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Elias

    Caloonese Guest

    The 16:9 image is squeezed only in anamorphic widescreen DVD. Your
    symptom is very common when your DVD player is not set up correctly.
    If your DVD player think that you have a 4:3 TV, it will frame a
    letter box image in a 4:3 screen for you. So the output is no longer
    squeezed (sideway). When you TV treats this normal picture as a
    squeeze one, it will appear stretched.

    So check two things.
    1. the DVD player setup.
    2. if the DVD is not anamorphic, but a regular letter boxed version,
    then use the zoom mode instead of the full mode on your SONY.

    Caloonese, Jun 17, 2004