Yes im am the sane one

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Sep 23, 2004.

  1. In article <lLq4d.4839$>, Karen Parker <> wrote:
    >Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been
    >in the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.

    ... or , you could be 37 years out of date ? From what you post, that seems
    much more likely :)

    Bruce

    ------------------------------
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

    -Redd Foxx

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Bruce Sinclair

    Karen Parker Guest

    Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been
    in the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.

    Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    Karen Parker, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Bruce Sinclair

    e=mc² Guest

    Re: Yes i am the insane one

    > Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been
    > in the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.
    >

    > Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    Taken your meds today Roger ?
    Subject corrected.

    e=mc², Sep 23, 2004
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:43:09 +1200, Karen Parker wrote:

    > Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been in
    > the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.

    So the VCR head cleaning and printer head unclogging _trade_ now equates
    to the IT industry?

    > Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    But the ps2 plays games. Does that mean it's not a toy?

    After all, you claimed Lunix was a toy because it won't play games.

    AD., Sep 23, 2004
  5. Bruce Sinclair

    Harry Guest

    Karen Parker wrote:

    > Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been
    > in the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.
    >

    > Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    iv's sheen you their in bar takling ps2 (say ps2 or pissed too).

    Harry, Sep 23, 2004
  6. Bruce Sinclair

    Herb Garden Guest

    Karen Parker wrote:
    > Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been
    > in the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.

    You are a mental fruitcake, what is your problem ?
    <plonk>

    Herb Garden, Sep 23, 2004
  7. Bruce Sinclair

    EMB Guest

    AD. wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:43:09 +1200, Karen Parker wrote:
    >

    >>Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been in
    >>the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.

    > So the VCR head cleaning and printer head unclogging _trade_ now equates
    > to the IT industry?

    It'd be hard to have 40 years experience in either of those facets of
    industry. And isn't it strange that most of the IT professionals with
    *long* industry experience that I deal with on a daily basis seem to
    think that Linux has a very bright looking future.

    >>Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    > But the ps2 plays games. Does that mean it's not a toy?
    >
    > After all, you claimed Lunix was a toy because it won't play games.

    I'm not sure I want a database server to play games, regardless of which
    OS it is running. I guess this means that Windows 2003 Server is a toy,
    Solaris is a toy, Netware is a toy, and the list goes on.

    And I guess the Sun E10K that I've been writing apps for is Crap(TM)
    because it doesn't support DirectX9.

    Reality check time Karen/Woger, a PS2 is a fairly good games platform,
    Linux is pretty good on the desktop and bloody good on a server, Windows
    is pretty good on the desktop if fully patched and ok on a server,
    Solaris is bloody good on Sun enterprise gear, Netware is still a good
    server OS....... just because they are beyond your experience or ability
    doesn't make them a toy or Crap(TM).

    Despite the fact that you sometimes offer good advice your outbursts and
    unknowledgable diatribes put your purported IT ability into the same
    category as your purported electrical registration - FANTASY.

    How about you forget that usenet exists (because it's not DX9 compliant
    and you can't play games on it) and you get back to fixing valve radios
    where hopefully you'll be within the comfort zone of your ability.

    --
    EMB
    change two to the number to reply

    EMB, Sep 23, 2004
  8. Bruce Sinclair

    Allistar Guest

    Karen Parker wrote:

    > Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been
    > in the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.
    >

    > Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    im?
    iv's?
    i?
    im?
    takling?
    there?

    Who is the idiot again?

    Allistar, Sep 23, 2004

  9. >Reality check time Karen/Woger, a PS2 is a fairly good games platform,
    >Linux is pretty good on the desktop and bloody good on a server, Windows

    Linux is actually faster than Win for gaming.
    Just a matter of so few (new) games for Lin.

    Steve Robertson, Sep 23, 2004
  10. Hi there,

    AD. wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:43:09 +1200, Karen Parker wrote:
    >

    >>Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been in
    >>the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.

    > So the VCR head cleaning and printer head unclogging _trade_ now equates
    > to the IT industry?
    >
    >>Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    > But the ps2 plays games. Does that mean it's not a toy?
    >
    > After all, you claimed Lunix was a toy because it won't play games.

    Yes, he did. I remember it well. I also remember he failed to respond
    when I quietly mentioned that frame rates on my games are noticeably
    higher in linux than in Windows...

    Unreal Tournament 2003/4: Looks much better in Linux OpenGL than in Win
    OpenGL, plus has better frame rate...

    Return to Castle Wolf: Linux OpenGL is much better looking again. I
    cannot get my FX5600 *below* 30-40fps despite running 1600x1200 in Lin.
    Win version chugs at that res...

    Q3A, UT, RTCW-ET, and others are the same...

    I do like Far Cry etc, but I'd prefer to play em in linux if the binary
    is available...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Sep 24, 2004
  11. Bruce Sinclair

    steve Guest

    Re: Yes i am the insane one

    e=mc² wrote:

    >> Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been
    >> in the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.
    >>

    >> Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    > Taken your meds today Roger ?
    > Subject corrected.

    Apparently it isn't Woger.

    It's someone who is obsessed with him.

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home

    steve, Sep 24, 2004
  12. Bruce Sinclair

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    Re: Yes i am the insane one

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > e=mc² wrote:
    >

    >>> Yes seems im the only sane one here Lunix idiots everywhere, iv's been
    >>> in the trade some 40 years so i do know what im takling about.
    >>>

    >>> Some in this group need to go back to there ps2.

    >> Taken your meds today Roger ?
    >> Subject corrected.

    > Apparently it isn't Woger.
    >
    > It's someone who is obsessed with him.

    Oh ok, now your making excuses for wogor. Does that mean you've formed
    WALFCONZ (Wogor's Arse Licking Fan Club Of New Zealand)

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 24, 2004
  13. Bruce Sinclair

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    Re: Yes i am the insane one

    "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote in message

    > "steve" <> wrote in message

    >>> Taken your meds today Roger ?
    >>> Subject corrected.

    >> Apparently it isn't Woger.
    >>
    >> It's someone who is obsessed with him.
    >>

    > Oh ok, now your making excuses for wogor. Does that mean you've formed
    > WALFCONZ (Wogor's Arse Licking Fan Club Of New Zealand)

    Just in case you've been deceased for the last few days - wogor has got
    tired of trolling everyone else - and decided to troll himself - geezus -
    and you feel the need to defend the resident idiot!?

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 24, 2004
  14. Bruce Sinclair

    Rebel Lord Guest

    Re: Yes i am the insane one

    Ryan Jacobs wrote:

    > "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "steve" <> wrote in message

    >>> Apparently it isn't Woger.
    >>>
    >>> It's someone who is obsessed with him.
    >>>

    >> Oh ok, now your making excuses for wogor. Does that mean you've formed
    >> WALFCONZ (Wogor's Arse Licking Fan Club Of New Zealand)
    >>

    > Just in case you've been deceased for the last few days - wogor has got
    > tired of trolling everyone else - and decided to troll himself - geezus -
    > and you feel the need to defend the resident idiot!?

    I guess you are forming the WAKFCONZ.

    I don't think Woge needs defending he has his multple personalities to do it
    for him. The funny thing is that some of those don't even realise they are
    him :)

    Rebel Lord, Sep 24, 2004
  15. On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:50:15 +1200, EMB wrote:

    > How about you forget that usenet exists (because it's not DX9 compliant
    > and you can't play games on it) and you get back to fixing valve radios
    > where hopefully you'll be within the comfort zone of your ability.

    I think he _is_ playing games on it ... a good old fashioned text
    adventure. The rest of us are a pretty good substitute for AI :)

    Richard

    Richard Hector, Sep 26, 2004
  16. On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:50:27 +1200, Allistar wrote:

    > Who is the idiot again?

    Everyone who answers :)

    Richard
    (yes, that probably includes me ...)