yep we been ripped of by att, verizon, etc.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joevan, Sep 2, 2010.

  1. joevan

    joevan Guest

    joevan, Sep 2, 2010

  2. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:04:25 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Your-Own-Hot-Spot-and-

    nytimes-362333608.html

    > As they say though, wait and see if they make money at it. Probably
    > will, I say.

    Now that's the most interesting thing I've read today.

    Meat Plow, Sep 2, 2010

  3. joevan

    Jordon Guest

    Jordon, Sep 3, 2010
  4. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 08:07:52 -0700, Jordon wrote:

    > Jordon wrote:
    >> joevan wrote:
    >>> http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Your-Own-Hot-Spot-and-

    nytimes-362333608.html

    >>> As they say though, wait and see if they make money at it. Probably
    >>> will, I say.

    >> <http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/mifi-2200.html>
    >>
    >> I stumbled on this yesterday.

    > Then there's this...
    >
    > <http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/ovation-mc760.html>
    >
    > if you don't need access for multiple computers.

    Virgin uses Sprint around here. Looks like I might drop Verizon 3G when
    it's time to review my plan and phone status. Unfortunately thats several
    months down the road so it would be silly to have both.

    Meat Plow, Sep 3, 2010
  5. joevan

    joevan Guest

    <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:

    >Jordon wrote:
    >> joevan wrote:
    >>> http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Your-Own-Hot-Spot-and-nytimes-362333608.html
    >>>

    >>> As they say though, wait and see if they make money at it. Probably
    >>> will, I say.

    >> <http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/mifi-2200.html>
    >>
    >> I stumbled on this yesterday.

    >Then there's this...
    >
    ><http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/ovation-mc760.html>
    >
    >if you don't need access for multiple computers.

    Ya know. Price is changing all the time. Remember how much dial up
    was back in the 90's? I was paying 60 bucks for Flashcom and not real
    fast either. I guess the best is free at your library or gym as I can
    do or local unsecured routers that have high speeds.
    For bank stuff and important business stuff, I only use my DSL. I
    guess that is safer than wifi anyhow. At least I hope it is safe
    enough. I try to be careful and after 2 years or so of banking on line
    I have had no problems.

    joevan, Sep 3, 2010
  6. joevan

    thanatoid Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    <snip>

    >>Then there's this...
    >>
    >><http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/ovation-mc7
    >>60.html>
    >>
    >>if you don't need access for multiple computers.

    > Ya know. Price is changing all the time. Remember how much
    > dial up was back in the 90's? I was paying 60 bucks for
    > Flashcom and not real fast either. I guess the best is
    > free at your library or gym as I can do or local unsecured
    > routers that have high speeds. For bank stuff and important
    > business stuff, I only use my DSL. I guess that is safer
    > than wifi anyhow. At least I hope it is safe enough. I try
    > to be careful and after 2 years or so of banking on line
    > I have had no problems.

    Wireless is sexy but like all things sexy it has hidden costs -
    sometimes VERY high.

    I have been online banking (and buying things online, etc) with
    a dial-up modem and now with 2MB semi-BB for well over a decade
    and never a problem. I do not own a cellphone and would rather
    eat a fried rat than have to use a laptop/netbook. I like to
    work sitting at a desk.

    --
    Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
    reality.

    thanatoid, Sep 3, 2010