Yenc help.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 1, 2007.

  1. cnrdcd wrote:

    > Where can I download yenc for outlook express?

    Save yourself the trouble and use a real newsreader with yEnc built in.

    http://40tude.com/dialog/

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 1, 2007

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Mike Easter Guest

    cnrdcd wrote:
    > Where can I download yenc for outlook express?

    I'm partial to yproxy. Free or pay at http://www.yproxy.com/ yProxy -
    yEnc decoder for Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or any newsreader

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 1, 2007

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    cnrdcd Guest

    Where can I download yenc for outlook express?

    cnrdcd, Jul 1, 2007
  4. On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:45:35 -0500, cnrdcd wrote:

    > Where can I download yenc for outlook express?

    You can't, you need an additional program to decode the files that OE
    saves. The solution is to get a real newsreader such as Forte Agent,
    although since you are obviously downloading binaries I'd suggest
    something better like XNews, BNR2/3 or (if you are in LinuxLand) KLibido.
    All of those can be found with a google search. --Oh, and while you're at
    it, find another mail client too; OE is full of security holes.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630°N 117.754195°W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 2, 2007
  5. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 16:23:36 -0700, "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:45:35 -0500, cnrdcd wrote:
    >
    >> Where can I download yenc for outlook express?

    >You can't, you need an additional program to decode the files that OE
    >saves. The solution is to get a real newsreader such as Forte Agent,
    >although since you are obviously downloading binaries I'd suggest
    >something better like XNews, BNR2/3 or (if you are in LinuxLand) KLibido.
    >All of those can be found with a google search. --Oh, and while you're at
    >it, find another mail client too; OE is full of security holes.

    I tried telling someone else that last bit not too long ago. Even after
    providing over one million google hits about it, they still didn't believe me,
    so I gave up at that point.

    Down, not across.

    --
    Should Redmond fall, I imagine a brief period of panic when everyone
    finds out they can't call Microsoft for support any more, followed by

    Mara, Jul 2, 2007
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > cnrdcd wrote:
    >
    >> Where can I download yenc for outlook express?

    > Save yourself the trouble and use a real newsreader with yEnc built in.
    >
    > http://40tude.com/dialog/

    <trembles> Ooooh! But it doesn't *look* just like OE! <sweats> :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2007
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Tony Tee Guest

    >>Oh, and while you're at it, find another mail client too; OE is full of
    >>security holes.

    > I tried telling someone else that last bit not too long ago. Even after
    > providing over one million google hits about it, they still didn't believe
    > me,
    > so I gave up at that point.

    Like what? I think OE is amazing, it looks after 5 email accounts and
    newsgroups all easily managed and rules to filter the correct mail into the
    folders I've made for each mail to land in.

    Using firefox, would Thunderbird do all this do you think?

    Tony Tee, Jul 3, 2007
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 00:43:44 +0100, "Tony Tee"
    <> wrote:

    >Like what? I think OE is amazing,

    Wow. Do you like pretty string too?

    >it looks after 5 email accounts

    Wow. I think I have about 10 in my Eudora, and 6 in Thunderbird.

    >and newsgroups all easily managed

    Wow. I've been hating the program I have that make things tough to
    manage.

    >and rules to filter the correct mail into the folders I've made for each mail to land in.

    Wow! It does what it should! NO WAY!

    >Using firefox, would Thunderbird do all this do you think?

    Yes.

    And your computer wouldn't be as vulnerable as it is with you now
    running OutHouse Distress.

    Evan Platt, Jul 3, 2007
  9. Tony Tee wrote:
    >> [Gary G. Taylor wrote:]
    >>> Oh, and while you're at it, find another mail client too; OE is full
    >>> of security holes.

    > [Mara wrote:]
    >> I tried telling someone else that last bit not too long ago. Even
    >> after providing over one million google hits about it, they still
    >> didn't believe me, so I gave up at that point.

    > Like what? I think OE is amazing, it looks after 5 email accounts and
    > newsgroups all easily managed and rules to filter the correct mail
    > into the folders I've made for each mail to land in.

    Only five? I use Thunderbird for email, with .. (counts) .. thirteen
    email accounts currently.

    > Using firefox, would Thunderbird do all this do you think?

    You don't have to use Firefox in order to use Thunderbird, but it is
    wise. Yes it will "do all this", but it doesn't do yEnc either, which
    was the original question.

    Do I use Thunderbird for newsgroups? No, I use a newsreader: 40tude
    Dialog. And it natively does yEnc; no extras required.

    Tony, please don't strip attributes from the quotes. Thanks. Or ...
    maybe that's an OE thing. <g>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 3, 2007