YEAHHH I DID IT

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Dang Tran, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Dang Tran

    Dang Tran Guest

    Took me 4 weeks to build confidence for my 70-316
    Then 10 days for 70-315, 10 days for 70-320, 10 days for 70-229
    Took me 10 days for 70-300 and I failed, then retake it 1 week later and
    pass. Gruu Gruu
    Here is my suggestion for any recently graduate and entry level like me.
    Before taking any MCSD .NET exams, read the following books, they are very
    helpful:
    - C# How to program [Deitel]
    - Professional C#
    Then, go ahead purchase all MCAD training guide books (from QUE) written by
    Amit Kalani. What suprised me was that those C# series look exactly like VB
    ..NET series (which I also owned) I don't know why :).
    Before you even read 70-229 training guide from QUE, please read
    Professional SQL Server 2000 Programming. It is very helpful. 70-229
    training guide is quite brief. Don't even underestimate 70-229 exam. The
    whole name of this exam is "SQL Design and Implementation". SQL
    Implementation is so easy that any programmer can master it at the speed of
    light :). Yet, the term "Design" will hunt you down if you aren't careful.
    Alot of things in Design phase are worthy to learn and to be prepare for
    70-300 exam.
    My nightmare is when doing 70-300. Since material in this exam is very much
    similar to a Software Engineering course in my CS degree, I thought that it
    would be kind of easy. Yet, this thought failed me at the first attempt of
    taking this exam. This exam requirez you a good memory and note taking for
    the information that you read. BTW, before taking this exam, here is a list
    of good books that I suggest you to read:
    - Code Complete
    - RAID Development
    - Project Mangement on Track from Start to Finish
    - 70-300 Exam Cram
    Too bad I can't remember the book which I studied for my course of Software
    Engineer. Yet, the books above are helpful enough.
    Well, now I can relax for one whole week then take another 2 exams to
    complete MCDBA and 1 exam from CompTIA for Project+. Damn, I hope that I can
    have enough time study my GMAT. Wish me luck guys...

    Dang Tran, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Dang Tran

    Dang Tran Guest

    Oops I mean RAPID Development :) mistyping

    Dang Tran, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Dang Tran

    Eric Guest

    This is good advice. I wish everyone who posts a request for help would
    read this first.

    Eric

    Eric, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Dang Tran

    chummy Guest

    Hi,
    Really great advise....and u make it sound soooo
    easy....evryone writing the exams should read it.....I was
    totally bogged down by the study.....reading this message
    is quite inspiring :)
    chummy

    chummy, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Dang Tran

    Tirumala Guest

    >> have enough time study my GMAT. Wish me luck guys...

    Hi Dang,
    Are you preparing for GMAT after your MCSD how doe this
    MCSD help if u are going for MBA ? just little curious
    know as i am on the same line.

    Tirumala

    Tirumala, Jul 14, 2004
  6. Dang Tran

    Dang Tran Guest

    Hi Tirumala

    I'm taking MCSD 'cause I want to find a job in IT as an entry level. I plan
    for MBA cause I want to open my own software firm.

    Dang Tran, Jul 20, 2004
  7. Dang Tran

    saras Guest

    Dang... You go baby... I dont know where you are at.. .but sure sounds
    like an energy of a new yorker like myself... but where-ever you are
    thats the spirit and keep at ....
    oh and i do hope the US stops H1, B1 visas.....

    Well here is something for the 2004 elections "OUTSOURCE OUR PRODUCTS
    ..... NOT OUR SOULS"

    saras, Aug 19, 2004
  8. >oh and i do hope the US stops H1, B1 visas.....

    for mindless morons, I totally agree.

    >Well here is something for the 2004 elections "OUTSOURCE OUR PRODUCTS
    >.... NOT OUR SOULS"

    where there is money to be made......

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004