    result will be increased regulation."
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 27, 2005

  2. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:29:11 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Mr Webb says if Telecom does not make the changes itself, the likely
    > result will be increased regulation."

    When? may I ask Mr Webb. As the solgan goes Now would be good.

    Gordon, Jun 27, 2005

  3. ~misfit~

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:12:45 +1200, Gordon wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:29:11 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Mr Webb says if Telecom does not make the changes itself, the likely
    >> result will be increased regulation."

    > When? may I ask Mr Webb. As the slogan goes Now would be good.

    They've been shaking that stick at Telecom for a while, it will be
    interesting if Telecom will budge enough, or the CC/Govt. actually puts it
    to use

    Shane, Jun 27, 2005
  4. "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=3&ObjectID=10332919
    >

    > "27.06.05 1.00pm
    >

    > The Telecommunications Commissioner says Telecom and its customers
    > would benefit from an attitude change at the company.
    >
    > Douglas Webb says Telecom needs to focus on becoming a wholesaler in
    > the broadband area, if more people are to get access to low priced fast
    > internet services.
    >
    > Mr Webb says if Telecom does not make the changes itself, the likely
    > result will be increased regulation."
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Still only one ADSL provider in NZ...Telecom, thanks to Mr webbs efforts.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jun 27, 2005
  5. ~misfit~

    MarkH Guest

    Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote in

    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:12:45 +1200, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:29:11 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mr Webb says if Telecom does not make the changes itself, the
    >>> likely
    >>> result will be increased regulation."

    >> When? may I ask Mr Webb. As the slogan goes Now would be good.

    > They've been shaking that stick at Telecom for a while, it will be
    > interesting if Telecom will budge enough, or the CC/Govt. actually
    > puts it to use

    Meanwhile it has been a couple of years since some power companies had to
    sell of half their business, because they couldn't be a producer and a
    retailer. Pity we won't see Telecom forced to sell the retail side of
    their business.

    So Xtra will continue to get favourable treatment compared to all the other
    ISPs.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 25-June-05)

    MarkH, Jun 27, 2005
  6. On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:57:34 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:

    >Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote in

    >>> When? may I ask Mr Webb. As the slogan goes Now would be good.

    >> They've been shaking that stick at Telecom for a while, it will be
    >> interesting if Telecom will budge enough, or the CC/Govt. actually
    >> puts it to use

    >Meanwhile it has been a couple of years since some power companies had to
    >sell of half their business, because they couldn't be a producer and a
    >retailer. Pity we won't see Telecom forced to sell the retail side of
    >their business.

    Its more than a couple of years
    10 at least

    FreedomChooser, Jun 28, 2005
  7. In article <qpPve.10696$>,
    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote:

    >Still only one ADSL provider in NZ...

    TelstraClear do have their own ADSL, but I think only in the CBD of the
    larger centres.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 28, 2005