  1. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)
    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "T.N.O." wrote
    > Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    The wait time was good too, I was driving past at ~8 am, noticed only 3
    people there, I pulled in, the next guy did, and then a heap of others...
    hahaha

    no-one stayed to buy it :)
    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    Seagull Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    And wasn't it you who criticised me for wanting a free (working) copy of
    Partition Magic? :)

    P.S. I also got a legal, legit, FREE, copy of MS Office 2003. It is a pity
    it does not run on W98.
    I arrived 0830 first in queue of only 4. The 3rd and 4th joined at 08:57
    and were only there to buy an extension cord and do not own a computer!
    Seagull, Oct 21, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    I was 2nd in line at 8:15. The guy before me was there at 7:30.

    Only one other person showed up at 8:45.

    My parents rang me later on. They also got a copy at another store. The
    store didn't know anything about it...
    they found box with the copies though

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    ---
    -{-astrae-}-, Oct 21, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    Andrew Guest

    i dont think it was very well advertised

    Andrew, Oct 21, 2003
  6. T.N.O.

    Nelly Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:38:03 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    Lucky bastard. I'm temporarily disabled and couldn't get out to get
    one.

    Nelly.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)
    Nelly, Oct 21, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "T.N.O." wrote
    > > Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    > The wait time was good too, I was driving past at ~8 am, noticed only 3
    > people there, I pulled in, the next guy did, and then a heap of others...
    > hahaha

    not only that, but the licience seems to suggest you can install it on three
    computers, as long as they are in the same house, cool.
    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  8. T.N.O.

    Dogg Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:45:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >"T.N.O." wrote
    >> > Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    >> The wait time was good too, I was driving past at ~8 am, noticed only 3
    >> people there, I pulled in, the next guy did, and then a heap of others...
    >> hahaha

    >not only that, but the licience seems to suggest you can install it on three
    >computers, as long as they are in the same house, cool.

    Yep...tried it and it worked :) All activated via the net.
    Dogg, Oct 21, 2003
  9. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > i dont think it was very well advertised

    Thank God.
    --
    ~misfit~

    > "-{-astrae-}-" <> wrote in message
    > > I was 2nd in line at 8:15. The guy before me was there at 7:30.
    > >
    > > Only one other person showed up at 8:45.
    > >
    > > My parents rang me later on. They also got a copy at another store. The
    > > store didn't know anything about it...
    > > they found box with the copies though
    > >

    > > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > > > Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for

    :)

    ~misfit~, Oct 21, 2003
  10. T.N.O.

    Warwick Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:42:26 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >"T.N.O." wrote
    >> Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    >The wait time was good too, I was driving past at ~8 am, noticed only 3
    >people there, I pulled in, the next guy did, and then a heap of others...
    >hahaha
    >
    >no-one stayed to buy it :)

    reminds me - the fifth guy to walk into the store where I got mine had
    come for some other reason. It was funny to hear him say
    "Office? whats that?"
    "No I dont want it"
    Despite the salesman insisting that if it was free he surely did :)
    Warwick, Oct 22, 2003
  11. T.N.O.

    asdf Guest

    Im in PN, and by 4am there was no spaces left at all the stores (went for a
    drive around)

    I camped out wiht some other friends from 9pm the night before, was kinda
    fun event they didnt want office but when i told them its RRP they figered
    they could sell it!!

    Daniel

    asdf, Oct 22, 2003
  12. T.N.O.

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:38:03 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    Well this thread has not hurt MS, some good old fashioned advertising for
    them eh?

    Gordon, Oct 22, 2003
  13. On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:26:53 +1300, "Andrew" <>
    wrote:

    >i dont think it was very well advertised

    I'll say. I haven't got a clue what you're all talking about!

    I imagine I'll be annoyed when I find out.

    Bye,
    James
    James McLaughlin, Oct 22, 2003
  14. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "James McLaughlin" wrote
    > >i dont think it was very well advertised

    > I'll say. I haven't got a clue what you're all talking about!
    > I imagine I'll be annoyed when I find out.

    5 copies of Office 2003 for free at all DSE, Big Byte, Noel Leeming, and
    Harvey Norman stores...
    T.N.O., Oct 22, 2003
  15. T.N.O.

    Jason M Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:32:23 +1300, "Gordon" <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:38:03 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)

    >Well this thread has not hurt MS, some good old fashioned advertising for
    >them eh?

    Only because MS are giving them away.
    Linux has been given away for years.
    Jason M, Oct 22, 2003
  16. T.N.O.

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    2 copies on trademe already...

    -{-astrae-}-, Oct 22, 2003
  17. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "-{-astrae-}-" wrote
    > 2 copies on trademe already...

    re-count dude... I saw ~20 there at lunchtime.
    T.N.O., Oct 22, 2003
  18. T.N.O.

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    so there is :)

    wonder why my first search only showed 2...

    I'll be keeping mine. Thanks Nathan

    -{-astrae-}-, Oct 22, 2003
  19. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "-{-astrae-}-" wrote
    > so there is :)
    > wonder why my first search only showed 2...
    > I'll be keeping mine. Thanks Nathan

    me too, I love it... the handwriting thing is kinda cool... doesnt work too
    well with a mouse(too much effort for words), but if you had a tablet and a
    pen it would be very cool.
    T.N.O., Oct 22, 2003
  20. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "-{-astrae-}-" <> wrote in message
    > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > > Woohoo... My second legal copy of MS software... neither one paid for :)
    > >

    > 2 copies on trademe already...

    Heaps more than that. Apparently a lot of people got it free at the product
    launch and are selling it. Some of them have been on auction for a few days.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Oct 22, 2003