    editions - packs contain 2 CDs, 1 an installation CD and one is a live test
    CD :)

    Good on ya Ubuntu :)

    XPD, Jul 6, 2005

  2. XPD

    Shane Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:33:06 +1200, XPD wrote:

    > Ordered some Ubuntu CDs online a couple months back via their website, and
    > they arrived today. Totally free - I got 5 64bit editions and 5 x86
    > editions - packs contain 2 CDs, 1 an installation CD and one is a live
    > test CD :)
    >
    > Good on ya Ubuntu :)

    Thats good news
    I ordered some a couple months back as well, had given up the ghost, but
    might start watching the letter box now.
    I was thinking (apart from the delay) it might be cheaper to distribute a
    distro like this ( less bandwidth, servers arent getting thrashed, etc etc

    Shane, Jul 6, 2005

  3. XPD

    Chris Hope Guest

    Shane wrote:

    > On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:33:06 +1200, XPD wrote:
    >
    >> Ordered some Ubuntu CDs online a couple months back via their
    >> website, and they arrived today. Totally free - I got 5 64bit
    >> editions and 5 x86 editions - packs contain 2 CDs, 1 an installation
    >> CD and one is a live test CD :)
    >>
    >> Good on ya Ubuntu :)

    > Thats good news
    > I ordered some a couple months back as well, had given up the ghost,
    > but
    > might start watching the letter box now.
    > I was thinking (apart from the delay) it might be cheaper to
    > distribute a distro like this ( less bandwidth, servers arent getting
    > thrashed, etc etc

    It's funny - even though they give it away for free it's still my 4th
    top seller. I guess a lot of people don't know they can get it for free
    direct from the source. Mind you, 2 months is a long time to wait...

    Chris Hope, Jul 6, 2005
  4. XPD

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:51:45 +1200, Chris Hope wrote:

    > It's funny - even though they give it away for free it's still my 4th top
    > seller. I guess a lot of people don't know they can get it for free direct
    > from the source. Mind you, 2 months is a long time to wait...

    Yeah, Hoary had come out by the time my Warty CDs arrived. But I still
    didn't mind - they all found homes.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Jul 6, 2005
  5. XPD

    Shane Guest

    Re: Ubuntu announce

    w00tz0r!
    (I think thats how the young folk speak these days)
    I got 10 Ubuntu for x86 and 2 for AMD 64 today :)
    Am just working on acquiring a celery 466 with 64 MB RAM and 9.6 GB HDD so
    the timing couldnt be betterer (its a word)

    Shane, Jul 12, 2005