Yashica, up from the ashes...to be stillborn

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Feb 13, 2008.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    THIS is the best they could do??

    from amateur photog mag.

    http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...l_compacts_set_for_UK_launch_news_180592.html

    Yashica camera brand is reborn

    + » Yashica camera brand is reborn; Four Yashica-
    branded digital compacts set for UK launch

    Wednesday 13th February 2008
    Chris Cheesman
    Yashica

    The Yashica camera brand has made a comeback after three years in the
    photographic wilderness.

    Former brand owner, Kyocera, ended production of Yashica-branded
    compacts in 2005.

    Kyocera also owned the Contax brand which became famous for its film
    cameras.

    At the time, Kyocera blamed the demise of its camera brands on a 'huge
    swing' from analogue to digital photography in Europe.

    Morihiro Akasaki, a former managing director at Kyocera's European
    office is now the MD of Yashica, explained Frazer Allen, spokesman for
    Yashica's UK distributor Alpha Digital Services.

    The Yashica cameras are being supplied by Hong Kong-based firm JNC
    Datum Tech International, the technology arm of MF Jebsen, a
    multinational conglomerate.

    Initially there will be five models, all due for UK launch on 1 March.

    The range is led, in pixel terms, by the 8.2-million-pixel EZ8032,
    featuring an f/2.8 lens designed to deliver the 35mm viewing angle
    equivalent of a 35-105mm zoom. It includes a 2.5in monitor and is
    compatible with SD,SDHC and MMC memory cards.

    There are three 7MP models: the EZ7030; EZF725; and EZ7033.

    The EZ7030 and EZ7033 each sport a 3in LCD screen while the EZF725
    features a 2.4in monitor.

    The EZ7033 boasts close focusing of 1cm in Super Macro mode.

    A 5MP model, called the EZF524 will complete the initial line-up.

    Prices range from £49.99-119.99.

    Alpha Digital Services can be contacted on 01189 337000.
    RichA, Feb 13, 2008

  2. RichA

    bluezfolk Guest

    On Feb 13, 6:29 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > THIS is the best they could do??
    >
    > from amateur photog mag.
    >
    > http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Yashica_camera_brand_is_reb...
    >
    > Yashica camera brand is reborn
    >
    > + » Yashica camera brand is reborn; Four Yashica-
    > branded digital compacts set for UK launch
    >
    > Wednesday 13th February 2008
    > Chris Cheesman
    > Yashica
    >
    > The Yashica camera brand has made a comeback after three years in the
    > photographic wilderness.
    >
    > Former brand owner, Kyocera, ended production of Yashica-branded
    > compacts in 2005.
    >
    > Kyocera also owned the Contax brand which became famous for its film
    > cameras.
    >
    > At the time, Kyocera blamed the demise of its camera brands on a 'huge
    > swing' from analogue to digital photography in Europe.
    >
    > Morihiro Akasaki, a former managing director at Kyocera's European
    > office is now the MD of Yashica, explained Frazer Allen, spokesman for
    > Yashica's UK distributor Alpha Digital Services.
    >
    > The Yashica cameras are being supplied by Hong Kong-based firm JNC
    > Datum Tech International, the technology arm of MF Jebsen, a
    > multinational conglomerate.
    >
    > Initially there will be five models, all due for UK launch on 1 March.
    >
    > The range is led, in pixel terms, by the 8.2-million-pixel EZ8032,
    > featuring an f/2.8 lens designed to deliver the 35mm viewing angle
    > equivalent of a 35-105mm zoom. It includes a 2.5in monitor and is
    > compatible with SD,SDHC and MMC memory cards.
    >
    > There are three 7MP models: the EZ7030; EZF725; and EZ7033.
    >
    > The EZ7030 and EZ7033 each sport a 3in LCD screen while the EZF725
    > features a 2.4in monitor.
    >
    > The EZ7033 boasts close focusing of 1cm in Super Macro mode.
    >
    > A 5MP model, called the EZF524 will complete the initial line-up.
    >
    > Prices range from £49.99-119.99.
    >
    > Alpha Digital Services can be contacted on 01189 337000.

    I really loved my old TL Electro 35mm SLR, except for the screw
    mount. It was built like a battleship.
    bluezfolk, Feb 14, 2008

  3. RichA

    m II Guest

    bluezfolk wrote:

    > I really loved my old TL Electro 35mm SLR, except for the screw
    > mount. It was built like a battleship.

    weird..mine didn't float..

    mike
    m II, Feb 14, 2008
  4. RichA

    MG Guest

    > I really loved my old TL Electro 35mm SLR, except for the screw
    > mount. It was built like a battleship.

    > I really loved my old TL Electro 35mm SLR, except for the screw
    > mount. It was built like a battleship.

    I still have one. Plus Vivitar lenses. Still works. Don't have the heart to
    dump it.

    MG
    MG, Feb 14, 2008