    my case). Anyone else experiencing this?

    Thanks,
    Ray

    itemyar, May 8, 2006

  2. itemyar

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "itemyar" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have Yahoo set as my home page and lately, I have had lots of problems
    >with it, i.e. it takes forever to load, and once it finally loads, searches
    >take forever and more times than not I get the ol' "Page not found"
    >message! I don't have this problem with any other links, and when I use
    >Google, it's almost instantaneous like it should be with a broadband
    >connection (DSL in my case). Anyone else experiencing this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ray

    Possibly server problem. Can you ping Yahoo?

    Mark Mandell, May 8, 2006

  3. itemyar

    - Bobb - Guest

    I have http://finance.yahoo.com/ as my homepage and have noticed
    occasionally for the past few weeks that it takes a long time ( shows "1
    item remaining" in bottom left of screen ). I suspect that the server is
    busy fetching its the onscreen ads ( lots of graphic stuff ). When it
    acts that way, I change homepage to "blank" or google.com if I need
    searches and continue on my way.

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, May 8, 2006
  4. itemyar

    bob Guest

    i use yahoo as my homepage for yrs and never a problem like this..faster
    than excite, the one i used to use.

    bob

    bob, May 13, 2006