    un-checking it in the "View" tag but it just keeps coming back again. When I
    want to close a newsgroup page it asks "Close all tabs?" (only option) and
    it shuts down IE6. Irritating!!

    Maurice, Aug 19, 2006

  2. Maurice

    Margolotta Guest

    On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 15:44:50 +0100, Maurice wrote
    (in article <CtFFg.2663$>):

    > Can someone tell me how to get rid of theYahoo toolbar in IE6? I keep
    > un-checking it in the "View" tag but it just keeps coming back again. When I
    > want to close a newsgroup page it asks "Close all tabs?" (only option) and
    > it shuts down IE6. Irritating!!

    This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You begin by talking about IE and
    then proceed to witter on about newsgroups and tabs. Oh, wait, I've just
    checked the message headers - Not Terribly Literate, now why doesn't that
    surprise me?

    I'll attempt to decipher what you've typed: -

    The Yahoo toolbar is something you've installed (whether wittingly or
    otherwise). It's included with some software (maybe it was on your NTL
    sign-up disc and you didn't untick the box to state you didn't want it
    installed),I would suggest that you check for it in add/remove programs and
    remove it that way.

    IE6 is a web browser, it doesn't have tabs and it doesn't do newsgroups [1]

    "Close all tabs" is a message you receive when using Firefox, or the Mozilla
    Browser (so you're either confused, and not using IE at all, or, well, I
    don't know what). You use Outhouse Excrement for news, and that doesn't have
    tabs, either (in fact, I don't know of a newsreader that does). Could you
    please explain what you mean by "when I want to close a newsgroup page" and
    "it asks 'close all tabs?'"? If you're using IE you're not viewing newsgroups
    (unless you're using Google Groups, which you're not)

    So could you please explain, exactly, WTF you're blathering on about as it's
    completely nonsensical.

    [1] Okay, there's Google Groups

    Margolotta, Aug 19, 2006

  3. "Margolotta" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 15:44:50 +0100, Maurice wrote
    > (in article <CtFFg.2663$>):
    >

    >> Can someone tell me how to get rid of theYahoo toolbar in IE6? I keep
    >> un-checking it in the "View" tag but it just keeps coming back again.
    >> When I
    >> want to close a newsgroup page it asks "Close all tabs?" (only option)
    >> and
    >> it shuts down IE6. Irritating!!
    >>

    > This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You begin by talking about IE
    > and
    > then proceed to witter on about newsgroups and tabs. Oh, wait, I've just
    > checked the message headers - Not Terribly Literate, now why doesn't that
    > surprise me?
    >
    > I'll attempt to decipher what you've typed: -
    >
    > The Yahoo toolbar is something you've installed (whether wittingly or
    > otherwise). It's included with some software (maybe it was on your NTL
    > sign-up disc and you didn't untick the box to state you didn't want it
    > installed),I would suggest that you check for it in add/remove programs
    > and
    > remove it that way.
    >
    > IE6 is a web browser, it doesn't have tabs and it doesn't do newsgroups
    > [1]
    >
    > "Close all tabs" is a message you receive when using Firefox, or the
    > Mozilla
    > Browser (so you're either confused, and not using IE at all, or, well, I
    > don't know what). You use Outhouse Excrement for news, and that doesn't
    > have
    > tabs, either (in fact, I don't know of a newsreader that does). Could you
    > please explain what you mean by "when I want to close a newsgroup page"
    > and
    > "it asks 'close all tabs?'"? If you're using IE you're not viewing
    > newsgroups
    > (unless you're using Google Groups, which you're not)
    >
    > So could you please explain, exactly, WTF you're blathering on about as
    > it's
    > completely nonsensical.
    >
    > [1] Okay, there's Google Groups

    You really like to remind yourself that there are actually people out there
    that know less about computers than you do. Even though you have been using
    computers for several years, the only people that know less than you are
    complete newbies. I know irt has taken you so long to get this far, and
    that many of these newbies will soon overtake you on computer prowess, but
    don't make your bitterness so apparent! You moose!

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Aug 20, 2006