Yahoo problem and asking Yahoo is useless

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lookout, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3 weeks.
    Tried Yahoo help and can't find anything. Asked Yahoo several times
    but they haven't answered. How can I find out exactly what is causing
    the bouncing? I've used Google but haven't been able to find what I
    need.

    tia
     
    Lookout, Dec 2, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Lookout

    Old Gringo Guest

    On or about Thursday, December 01, 2005, 6:32:04 PM,, In the
    24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group, Without Any Hesitation Lookout
    Wrote The Following:

    > About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3 weeks.
    > Tried Yahoo help and can't find anything. Asked Yahoo several times
    > but they haven't answered. How can I find out exactly what is causing
    > the bouncing? I've used Google but haven't been able to find what I
    > need.
    >
    > tia


    Maybe you are eating to much jello.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 12/1/05 7:27:59 PM CST USA
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com
     
    Old Gringo, Dec 2, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Lookout

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "Lookout" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > About 3 months ago I started bouncing.


    ROFL

    > It happens about every 3 weeks.


    3 weeks?! You must be bouncing pretty high if it takes 3 weeks to come back
    down.

    > Tried Yahoo help and can't find anything. Asked Yahoo several times
    > but they haven't answered.


    They're probably still picking themselves up off the floor...

    > How can I find out exactly what is causing
    > the bouncing? I've used Google but haven't been able to find what I
    > need.


    I asked Jeeves and he reckons it's your Doc Martens.
     
    Rich Wilson, Dec 2, 2005
    #3
  4. Lookout

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Lookout
    <> wrote:

    > About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3 weeks.

    Bouncing what kind of message, from what account to what kind of
    address? Are they messages you know you sent personally (or just
    notices of bounced messages)? Do you use Outlook or Outlook Express?
    Are there any explanatory messages? Error messages? Does anything
    change on your system at about that 3 week time? Have you ever written
    to either ISP about it?
     
    Mitch, Dec 2, 2005
    #4
  5. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 02:39:58 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Lookout
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3 weeks.

    >Bouncing what kind of message, from what account to what kind of
    >address? Are they messages you know you sent personally (or just
    >notices of bounced messages)? Do you use Outlook or Outlook Express?
    >Are there any explanatory messages? Error messages? Does anything
    >change on your system at about that 3 week time? Have you ever written
    >to either ISP about it?


    A message that says I'm bouncing.
    From Yahoo to my Yahoo email account.
    They are from Yahoo. Not emails.
    No. Neither one.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    Either? Yahoo won't answer and my ISP has no idea what they are
    talking about as it is an internal message from Yahoo to a Yahoo
    account holder.

    Hope that helps.
     
    Lookout, Dec 2, 2005
    #5
  6. Lookout

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Lookout
    <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 02:39:58 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>, Lookout
    > ><> wrote:
    > >
    > >> About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3 weeks.

    > >Bouncing what kind of message, from what account to what kind of
    > >address? Are they messages you know you sent personally (or just
    > >notices of bounced messages)? Do you use Outlook or Outlook Express?
    > >Are there any explanatory messages? Error messages? Does anything
    > >change on your system at about that 3 week time? Have you ever written
    > >to either ISP about it?

    >
    > A message that says I'm bouncing.
    > From Yahoo to my Yahoo email account.
    > They are from Yahoo. Not emails.
    > No. Neither one.
    > No.
    > No.
    > No.
    > Either? Yahoo won't answer and my ISP has no idea what they are
    > talking about as it is an internal message from Yahoo to a Yahoo
    > account holder.
    >
    > Hope that helps.


    Hey, if you didn't send any messages, then you have nothing to
    investigate.
    What you are seeing is probably just the automatic notice software they
    use at Yahoo, making general notices. They simply aren't investigating
    whether it really did come from your address.
    I suggest you do nothing unless Yahoo says something about disciplining
    you -- until you reply to that, they have no reason to take action or
    investigate, and there's no reason to ask them to.
     
    Mitch, Dec 2, 2005
    #6
  7. Lookout

    Daave Guest

    Lookout wrote:
    > About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3 weeks.
    > Tried Yahoo help and can't find anything. Asked Yahoo several times
    > but they haven't answered. How can I find out exactly what is causing
    > the bouncing? I've used Google but haven't been able to find what I
    > need.


    You need to cut your caffeine consumption.
     
    Daave, Dec 2, 2005
    #7
  8. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:27:04 GMT, "Daave"
    <> wrote:

    >Lookout wrote:
    >> About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3 weeks.
    >> Tried Yahoo help and can't find anything. Asked Yahoo several times
    >> but they haven't answered. How can I find out exactly what is causing
    >> the bouncing? I've used Google but haven't been able to find what I
    >> need.

    >
    >You need to cut your caffeine consumption.
    >

    Just can't admit you don't know, huh?
     
    Lookout, Dec 2, 2005
    #8
  9. Lookout

    Daave Guest

    Lookout wrote:
    > On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:27:04 GMT, "Daave"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Lookout wrote:
    >>> About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3
    >>> weeks. Tried Yahoo help and can't find anything. Asked Yahoo
    >>> several times but they haven't answered. How can I find out exactly
    >>> what is causing the bouncing? I've used Google but haven't been
    >>> able to find what I need.

    >>
    >> You need to cut your caffeine consumption.
    >>

    > Just can't admit you don't know, huh?


    It was a, Ah say, it was a JOKE, son!

    (Are you still bouncing?)
     
    Daave, Dec 2, 2005
    #9
  10. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:24:40 GMT, "Daave"
    <> wrote:

    >Lookout wrote:
    >> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:27:04 GMT, "Daave"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Lookout wrote:
    >>>> About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3
    >>>> weeks. Tried Yahoo help and can't find anything. Asked Yahoo
    >>>> several times but they haven't answered. How can I find out exactly
    >>>> what is causing the bouncing? I've used Google but haven't been
    >>>> able to find what I need.
    >>>
    >>> You need to cut your caffeine consumption.
    >>>

    >> Just can't admit you don't know, huh?

    >
    >It was a, Ah say, it was a JOKE, son!
    >
    >(Are you still bouncing?)
    >

    Nah. I go the the site to clear it and then I get the message again in
    about 3 weeks. No idea what the hell it is.
     
    Lookout, Dec 2, 2005
    #10
  11. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 04:33:15 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Lookout
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 02:39:58 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <>, Lookout
    >> ><> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> About 3 months ago I started bouncing. It happens about every 3 weeks.
    >> >Bouncing what kind of message, from what account to what kind of
    >> >address? Are they messages you know you sent personally (or just
    >> >notices of bounced messages)? Do you use Outlook or Outlook Express?
    >> >Are there any explanatory messages? Error messages? Does anything
    >> >change on your system at about that 3 week time? Have you ever written
    >> >to either ISP about it?

    >>
    >> A message that says I'm bouncing.
    >> From Yahoo to my Yahoo email account.
    >> They are from Yahoo. Not emails.
    >> No. Neither one.
    >> No.
    >> No.
    >> No.
    >> Either? Yahoo won't answer and my ISP has no idea what they are
    >> talking about as it is an internal message from Yahoo to a Yahoo
    >> account holder.
    >>
    >> Hope that helps.

    >
    >Hey, if you didn't send any messages, then you have nothing to
    >investigate.
    >What you are seeing is probably just the automatic notice software they
    >use at Yahoo, making general notices. They simply aren't investigating
    >whether it really did come from your address.
    >I suggest you do nothing unless Yahoo says something about disciplining
    >you -- until you reply to that, they have no reason to take action or
    >investigate, and there's no reason to ask them to.


    They are messages from various Yahoo groups that are bouncing back.
    Once you begin bouncing all email stops so it can't be ignored unless
    you want to lose messages from the groups.
    If you don't know Yahoo then it's going to be hard to help.
     
    Lookout, Dec 3, 2005
    #11
  12. Lookout

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Lookout
    <> wrote:

    > They are messages from various Yahoo groups that are bouncing back.
    > Once you begin bouncing all email stops so it can't be ignored unless
    > you want to lose messages from the groups.
    > If you don't know Yahoo then it's going to be hard to help.


    No, this is the first you said about Yahoo Groups being involved at all.

    I thought we were talking about e-mail messages to e-mail addresses.
     
    Mitch, Dec 3, 2005
    #12
  13. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 04:19:05 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Lookout
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> They are messages from various Yahoo groups that are bouncing back.
    >> Once you begin bouncing all email stops so it can't be ignored unless
    >> you want to lose messages from the groups.
    >> If you don't know Yahoo then it's going to be hard to help.

    >
    >No, this is the first you said about Yahoo Groups being involved at all.
    >
    >I thought we were talking about e-mail messages to e-mail addresses.


    Yahoo groups send emails as messages. That's all I use that addy for.
    Nothing else. It wouldn't matter if it were emails from an individual
    or from a Yahoo group..it would still bounce.
     
    Lookout, Dec 3, 2005
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q3lu?=

    How to get rid of popup asking for user ID and password

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3lu?=, Feb 7, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    614
    Carey Holzman
    Feb 8, 2005
  2. Harry Paratesties
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    510
    Head Hunter
    Jun 28, 2004
  3. Dorado
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    419
    Brendan
    Aug 7, 2005
  4. alexd
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    698
    alexd
    Nov 22, 2008
  5. PAJ
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    2,240
Loading...

Share This Page