    a new password to take effect, so the default password they gave me
    works now, BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY OLD ONE?? was i hacked? any way to
    tell?

    booo, Dec 19, 2005

  2. booo

    Donnie Guest

    "booo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've been using my yahoo account for YEARS now and never had a problem
    > until today, when it kept telling me that my password/username was
    > incorrect. I cleared cookies and did all that other stuff, but still
    > nothing. So I requested and recieved a new password- TWICE, and neither
    >
    > of them worked. Then I read somewhere that it can take up to 24 hrs for
    >
    > a new password to take effect, so the default password they gave me
    > works now, BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY OLD ONE?? was i hacked? any way to
    > tell?

    ##############################
    There is a chance that someone found, guessed or cracked your passwd. Are
    there other users in the house? I doubt yahoo would check their log files
    to see if someone logged in from a different IP but that would be one way to
    tell.
    donnie.

    Donnie, Dec 20, 2005

  3. On 19 Dec 2005 11:14:42 -0800, "booo" <> wrote:

    >I've been using my yahoo account for YEARS now and never had a problem
    >until today, when it kept telling me that my password/username was
    >incorrect. I cleared cookies and did all that other stuff, but still
    >nothing. So I requested and recieved a new password- TWICE, and neither
    >
    >of them worked. Then I read somewhere that it can take up to 24 hrs for
    >
    >a new password to take effect, so the default password they gave me
    >works now, BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY OLD ONE?? was i hacked? any way to
    >tell?

    I think it's just Yahoo having fallen over. I couldn't log onto one of
    my accounts yesterday, and today none of them work.
    It's not the first time this has happened...usually resolves itself in
    a few days.

    Regards,

    www.shwoodwind.co.uk

    Stephen Howard, Dec 20, 2005