    Yahoo help seems to be useless, and sending emails to their abuse just gets
    bounced back.

    Any help would be apreciated.
    John, Nov 15, 2006

  2. John

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:01:02 +0000, John Has Frothed:

    > I received an email from yahoo saying my password had been changed. At
    > first I thought this was a scam like all the bank emails requesting details.
    >
    > It was only when I tried to logon to yahoo, I was told my password was
    > incorrect. I have tried to retrieve my password by answering various
    > questions, but it tells me the info is wrong.
    >
    > Has anyone encounted this before?
    >
    > Has someone stolen my ID?
    >
    > Yahoo help seems to be useless, and sending emails to their abuse just gets
    > bounced back.
    >
    > Any help would be apreciated.

    Sounds like someone that knows your pass changed it or you were haXored.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 15, 2006

  3. "John" pole-smoked this prattle in

    > I received an email from yahoo saying my password had been
    > changed. At first I thought this was a scam like all the bank
    > emails requesting details.
    >
    > It was only when I tried to logon to yahoo, I was told my password
    > was incorrect. I have tried to retrieve my password by answering
    > various questions, but it tells me the info is wrong.
    >
    > Has anyone encounted this before?
    >
    > Has someone stolen my ID?
    >
    > Yahoo help seems to be useless, and sending emails to their abuse
    > just gets bounced back.
    >
    > Any help would be apreciated.

    By what means did you "receive an email"; and subsequently try "to
    logon" to your [previously existing] Yahoo account?

    --

    "Ambition" is like when a frog sits on a Venus Flytrap.

    The flytrap keeps biting and biting, but it won't bother
    anything because it only has little tiny plant teeth.

    But some other stuff might happen, and then
    it would be like "accidental ambition."
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2006
  4. John

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:26:20 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:

    > "John" pole-smoked this prattle in
    >>
    >> I received an email from yahoo saying my password had been
    >> changed. At first I thought this was a scam like all the bank
    >> emails requesting details.
    >>
    >> It was only when I tried to logon to yahoo, I was told my password
    >> was incorrect. I have tried to retrieve my password by answering
    >> various questions, but it tells me the info is wrong.
    >>
    >> Has anyone encounted this before?
    >>
    >> Has someone stolen my ID?
    >>
    >> Yahoo help seems to be useless, and sending emails to their abuse
    >> just gets bounced back.
    >>
    >> Any help would be apreciated.

    > By what means did you "receive an email"; and subsequently try "to
    > logon" to your [previously existing] Yahoo account?

    Probably listed an alternative email addy when the OP signed up for a
    Yahoo acct.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 15, 2006
  5. >> "John" pole-smoked this prattle in

    >>> I received an email from yahoo saying my password had been
    >>> changed. At first I thought this was a scam like all the bank
    >>> emails requesting details.
    >>>
    >>> It was only when I tried to logon to yahoo, I was told my
    >>> password was incorrect. I have tried to retrieve my password by
    >>> answering various questions, but it tells me the info is wrong.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone encounted this before?
    >>>
    >>> Has someone stolen my ID?
    >>>
    >>> Yahoo help seems to be useless, and sending emails to their
    >>> abuse just gets bounced back.
    >>>
    >>> Any help would be apreciated.

    > On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:26:20 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:
    >>
    >> By what means did you "receive an email"; and subsequently try
    >> "to logon" to your [previously existing] Yahoo account?

    "Meat Plow" said in

    > Probably listed an alternative email addy
    > when the OP signed up for a Yahoo acct.

    So, *how* did he try to logon pursuant to the eMail notification?
    From a link in the eMail to another account?

    They could have TOS'ed him.

    Best regards.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2006
  6. John

    John Guest

    I got the following email:

    Your Yahoo! ID is: ***** (I have filled it in with asterix)

    Your password for this account has recently been changed. You don't
    need to do anything, this message is simply a notification to protect
    the security of your account.

    Please note: your new password may take a while to activate. If it
    doesn't work on your first try, please try it again later.

    DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. For further help or to contact support,
    see http://help.yahoo.com/help/uk/edit/

    You can always change your password by:
    1. signing in to any Yahoo! service,
    2. clicking on any "Account Info" link,
    3. choosing "Change Password."

    If you cannot find an "Account Info" link, you can find a "Change
    Password" link in the following ways.

    My Yahoo! (http://uk.my.yahoo.com) or Yahoo! Chat (http://uk.chat.yahoo.com)
    Click on "Account Information" on the upper right corner.

    Yahoo! Mail (http://uk.mail.yahoo.com)
    Click on "Options" in the left column. In the next screen, select
    "User Information" from the main screen.

    Yahoo! Finance (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com)
    Click on the "My Yahoo! View." On your My Yahoo! page, click on
    "Account Information" on the upper right corner.
    Yahoo! Finance (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com)
    Click on the "My Yahoo! View." On your My Yahoo! page, click on
    "Account Information" on the upper right corner.

    Someone has changed my password and it ain't me! How do you reclaim an
    account. I can proove from the alternative email address, which I still
    own, and previous emails to me that it "was" my account.

    Beware, it could happen to anyone!

    "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns987C64F242D3DWiZEERD@216.151.153.14...

    John, Nov 15, 2006
  7. ("28.35 grams of prevention is worth .4536 kilogram of cure!")
    Don't make easy passwords and don't tell.

    "John" <> took a deep inhale and typed in

    > Someone has changed my password and it ain't me! How do you
    > reclaim an account. I can proove from the alternative email
    > address, which I still own, and previous emails to me that it
    > "was" my account.
    >
    > Beware, it could happen to anyone!

    Oh, I kind of doubt that, sparky!

    --

    As the snow started to fall,
    he tugged his coat tighter around himself.

    "This is the fourth coat crushing this year,"
    said the sergeant, as he outlined the body
    with a special pencil that writes on snow.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 16, 2006
  8. John

    Guest

    John:

    I got the exact same email sent to me on November 17. I did not change
    my email and cannot access my account. What the hell is going on?

    John wrote:
    > I got the following email:
    >
    > Your Yahoo! ID is: ***** (I have filled it in with asterix)
    >
    > Your password for this account has recently been changed. You don't
    > need to do anything, this message is simply a notification to protect
    > the security of your account.
    >
    > Please note: your new password may take a while to activate. If it
    > doesn't work on your first try, please try it again later.
    >
    > DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. For further help or to contact support,
    > see http://help.yahoo.com/help/uk/edit/

    > You can always change your password by:
    > 1. signing in to any Yahoo! service,
    > 2. clicking on any "Account Info" link,
    > 3. choosing "Change Password."
    >
    > If you cannot find an "Account Info" link, you can find a "Change
    > Password" link in the following ways.
    >
    > My Yahoo! (http://uk.my.yahoo.com) or Yahoo! Chat (http://uk.chat.yahoo.com)
    > Click on "Account Information" on the upper right corner.
    >
    > Yahoo! Mail (http://uk.mail.yahoo.com)
    > Click on "Options" in the left column. In the next screen, select
    > "User Information" from the main screen.
    >
    > Yahoo! Finance (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com)
    > Click on the "My Yahoo! View." On your My Yahoo! page, click on
    > "Account Information" on the upper right corner.
    > Yahoo! Finance (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com)
    > Click on the "My Yahoo! View." On your My Yahoo! page, click on
    > "Account Information" on the upper right corner.
    >

    > Someone has changed my password and it ain't me! How do you reclaim an
    > account. I can proove from the alternative email address, which I still
    > own, and previous emails to me that it "was" my account.
    >
    > Beware, it could happen to anyone!
    >

    > "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    > message news:Xns987C64F242D3DWiZEERD@216.151.153.14...

    > >> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:26:20 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:

    > > "Meat Plow" said in
    > >>
    > >> Probably listed an alternative email addy
    > >> when the OP signed up for a Yahoo acct.

    > > So, *how* did he try to logon pursuant to the eMail notification?
    > > From a link in the eMail to another account?
    > >
    > > They could have TOS'ed him.
    > >

    > > Best regards.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > "Ambition" is like when a frog sits on a Venus Flytrap.
    > >
    > > The flytrap keeps biting and biting, but it won't bother
    > > anything because it only has little tiny plant teeth.
    > >
    > > But some other stuff might happen, and then
    > > it would be like "accidental ambition."
    , Nov 18, 2006
  9. >> >>> "John" pole-smoked this prattle in

    >> > "Meat Plow" said in

    >> "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    >> message news:Xns987C64F242D3DWiZEERD@216.151.153.14...
    >> >
    >> > So, *how* did he try to logon pursuant to the eMail notification?
    >> > From a link in the eMail to another account?
    >> >
    >> > They could have TOS'ed him.
    >> >

    >> > Best regards.

    > John wrote:
    >> I got the following email:
    >>
    >> Your Yahoo! ID is: ***** (I have filled it in with asterix)
    >>
    >> Your password for this account has recently been changed. You don't
    >> need to do anything, this message is simply a notification to protect
    >> the security of your account.
    >>
    >> Please note: your new password may take a while to activate. If it
    >> doesn't work on your first try, please try it again later.
    >>
    >> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. For further help or to contact support,
    >> see http://help.yahoo.com/help/uk/edit/
    >>
    >> ***************************************************************
    >> You can always change your password by:
    >> 1. signing in to any Yahoo! service,
    >> 2. clicking on any "Account Info" link,
    >> 3. choosing "Change Password."
    >>
    >> If you cannot find an "Account Info" link, you can find a "Change
    >> Password" link in the following ways.
    >>
    >> My Yahoo! (http://uk.my.yahoo.com) or Yahoo! Chat
    >> (http://uk.chat.yahoo.com) Click on "Account Information" on the upper
    >> right corner.
    >>
    >> Yahoo! Mail (http://uk.mail.yahoo.com)
    >> Click on "Options" in the left column. In the next screen, select
    >> "User Information" from the main screen.
    >>
    >> Yahoo! Finance (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com)
    >> Click on the "My Yahoo! View." On your My Yahoo! page, click on
    >> "Account Information" on the upper right corner.
    >> Yahoo! Finance (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com)
    >> Click on the "My Yahoo! View." On your My Yahoo! page, click on
    >> "Account Information" on the upper right corner.
    >>

    >> Someone has changed my password and it ain't me! How do you reclaim an
    >> account. I can proove from the alternative email address, which I
    >> still own, and previous emails to me that it "was" my account.
    >>
    >> Beware, it could happen to anyone!

    ttyypppedid th8s in

    > John:
    >
    > I got the exact same email sent to me on November 17. I did not change
    > my email and cannot access my account. What the hell is going on?

    Yeah right mmmK - seems to an affliction isolated to "John" and a bunch
    GoogleGropes/heretofore.unknown/anonymous posters.

    Did ya get the e-Mail via that alternate e-Mail addy? Did you use a sock-
    nym for the alternate e-Mail addy?

    Probably no matter, because they would have just telephoned you at home.

    http://www.google.com/search?
    hl=en&q=yahoo+mail+password+recently+changed&btnG=Google+Search

    http://groups.google.com/groups?lnk=hpsg&q=yahoo password changed

    --

    I bet when the neanderthal kids would make a snowman,
    someone would always end up saying,
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 18, 2006
  10. John

    John Guest

    You are just a F***ing Dick head

    The email is simple enough.

    WTF does this mean ???
    > Did ya get the e-Mail via that alternate e-Mail addy? Did you use a sock-
    > nym for the alternate e-Mail addy?

    Yahoo send an email to your secondary address as conformation, and to
    highlight problems (as in my case) when it's not me that has altered it.

    What bit do you not understand?

    "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns987F63430F560WiZEERD@216.151.153.21...

    John, Nov 18, 2006