    Whats the most reliable email source to use?, I can sure tell you what
    the
    most unreliable is!
    Brett Dale, May 18, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > Well Im looking to get a yahoo or hotmail email account, since my ISP
    > doesnt seem to be to good in terms of emails. Would anyone recommend
    > yahoo over hotmail? Of course the one I use for usenet has spam, so I
    > dont count that.
    >
    > Its mainly reliability Im looking for, I email a lot of people in
    > England,
    > and they keep ringing me, telling me, the emails thatthey send to me
    > keep
    > bouncing back.
    >
    > Whats the most reliable email source to use?, I can sure tell you what
    > the
    > most unreliable is!

    Find an IMAP service, the great advantage of these is you can process
    your email through a standard mail client such as Outlook Express or
    Thunderbird, and have the associated convenience.
    Patrick Dunford, May 18, 2004

  3. Brett Dale

    Collector Guest

    Brett Dale wrote:

    >Well Im looking to get a yahoo or hotmail email account, since my ISP
    > doesnt seem to be to good in terms of emails. Would anyone recommend
    >yahoo over hotmail? Of course the one I use for usenet has spam, so I
    >dont count that.
    >
    >Its mainly reliability Im looking for, I email a lot of people in
    >England,
    >and they keep ringing me, telling me, the emails thatthey send to me
    >keep
    >bouncing back.
    >
    >Whats the most reliable email source to use?, I can sure tell you what
    >the
    >most unreliable is!

    There are several things about this issue.

    1. I do not recommend any of the free mail services, Hotmail, Yahoo,
    Bigfoot etc all get filtered to my "Get Around To It Folder". I know no
    one who would use these services so dont want to see any of the spam
    originating from them. YMMV. The other issue is because they are free
    they have no commitment to service levels of any sort. These services
    also tend to trigger false positives for spam when care is not used in
    selecting the subject line.
    2. Get a better ISP. Plain and simple
    3. Get some friends who know how to use email.
    Now 2 and 3 are based on different premises one that the ISP is actually
    failing or that your friends have miss addressed the emails.
    Collector, May 18, 2004
  4. Brett Dale

    EMB Guest

    In news:,
    Brett Dale <> expelled:
    > Well Im looking to get a yahoo or hotmail email account, since my ISP
    > doesnt seem to be to good in terms of emails. Would anyone recommend
    > yahoo over hotmail? Of course the one I use for usenet has spam, so I
    > dont count that.
    >
    > Its mainly reliability Im looking for, I email a lot of people in
    > England,
    > and they keep ringing me, telling me, the emails thatthey send to me
    > keep
    > bouncing back.
    >
    > Whats the most reliable email source to use?, I can sure tell you what
    > the
    > most unreliable is!

    Sign up for a free email account with orcon. You can access it via webmail
    or pop it from any standard email client.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply
    EMB, May 18, 2004
  5. EMB wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Brett Dale <> expelled:
    > > Well Im looking to get a yahoo or hotmail email account, since my ISP
    > > doesnt seem to be to good in terms of emails. Would anyone recommend
    > > yahoo over hotmail? Of course the one I use for usenet has spam, so I
    > > dont count that.
    > >
    > > Its mainly reliability Im looking for, I email a lot of people in
    > > England,
    > > and they keep ringing me, telling me, the emails thatthey send to me
    > > keep
    > > bouncing back.
    > >
    > > Whats the most reliable email source to use?, I can sure tell you what
    > > the
    > > most unreliable is!

    > Sign up for a free email account with orcon. You can access it via webmail
    > or pop it from any standard email client.
    >
    > --
    > EMB
    > change two to number to reply

    Seconded. Orcon works.
    Classic Car Fair, May 18, 2004
  6. Brett Dale

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in news:c8bn6n$m5p$:

    > In news:,
    > Brett Dale <> expelled:
    >> Well Im looking to get a yahoo or hotmail email account, since my
    >> ISP
    >> doesnt seem to be to good in terms of emails. Would anyone recommend
    >> yahoo over hotmail? Of course the one I use for usenet has spam, so I
    >> dont count that.
    >>
    >> Its mainly reliability Im looking for, I email a lot of people in
    >> England,
    >> and they keep ringing me, telling me, the emails thatthey send to me
    >> keep
    >> bouncing back.
    >>
    >> Whats the most reliable email source to use?, I can sure tell you
    >> what the
    >> most unreliable is!

    > Sign up for a free email account with orcon. You can access it via
    > webmail or pop it from any standard email client.

    Since it is free and they let you use it for business, it sounds like
    Orcon is the way to go. Yahoo have just recently upgraded all accounts
    to 100 Megs of storage, so if large attachments are an issue, get both.
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 18, 2004
  7. Brett Dale

    Crash Guest

    Brett Dale wrote:
    > Well Im looking to get a yahoo or hotmail email account, since my ISP
    > doesnt seem to be to good in terms of emails. Would anyone recommend
    > yahoo over hotmail? Of course the one I use for usenet has spam, so I
    > dont count that.
    >
    > Its mainly reliability Im looking for, I email a lot of people in
    > England,
    > and they keep ringing me, telling me, the emails thatthey send to me
    > keep
    > bouncing back.
    >
    > Whats the most reliable email source to use?, I can sure tell you what
    > the
    > most unreliable is!

    One alternative that no-one has suggested so far is to use a re-direction
    service. That way you can change your ISP at will because you have an
    ISP-independent email address but still use a standard email client to get
    your emails from your curent ISP.

    I use the bigfoot 'free-for-life' re-direction service. This gives you an
    email address at bigfoot (<username>@bigfoot.com) which is what you give out
    to those emailing you. These emails are redirected to your current email
    address (<username>@<isp domain name>). You simply retrieve you emails from
    your isp as usual. If you change your ISP you simply change the redirection
    at bigfoot.

    I have used bigfoot now for 5 years. I get no spam and no come-ons from
    bigfoot. There have been about 5 or 6 occasions when emails have been
    delayed by bigfoot and emails have never been lost to my knowledge.

    HTH,

    --
    Crash
    For acronyms (IIRC, TIA etc) visit www.acronymfinder.com for the meanings.