    This arrived in my Inbox. I suspect spam, but thought I should check here
    just in case.
    Did anyone else get it?
    Geopelia, Dec 13, 2012

  2. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kabk15$nah$>, , Geopelia
    says...

    > Yahoo New Zealand compulsory update.
    >

    > This arrived in my Inbox. I suspect spam, but thought I should check here
    > just in case.
    > Did anyone else get it?

    Not with Xtra, so no. Why don't you post the message. :)

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Dec 14, 2012

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kabk15$nah$>, , Geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> Yahoo New Zealand compulsory update.
    >>

    >> This arrived in my Inbox. I suspect spam, but thought I should check here
    >> just in case.
    >> Did anyone else get it?

    > Not with Xtra, so no. Why don't you post the message. :)

    Dear Customer,

    Due to a recent upgrade in our server for the year 2012, we are
    currently reviewing member's Email account for the year 2013 and we request
    you to please take just a second out of your time to comply with this
    upgrade for effect on your Email account registered with us,

    Please Click Here To Start

    Failure to comply might lead to suspension or problem accessing your
    account.
    Thank you for your co-operation

    Copyright Notice © xtra.co.nz Limited and licensors. All rights
    reserved.
    Geopelia, Dec 14, 2012
  4. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kae9o9$9sf$>, , Geopelia
    says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <kabk15$nah$>, , Geopelia
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> Yahoo New Zealand compulsory update.
    > >>

    > >> This arrived in my Inbox. I suspect spam, but thought I should check here
    > >> just in case.
    > >> Did anyone else get it?

    > > Not with Xtra, so no. Why don't you post the message. :)
    > >

    > Dear Customer,
    >
    > Due to a recent upgrade in our server for the year 2012, we are
    > currently reviewing member's Email account for the year 2013 and we request
    > you to please take just a second out of your time to comply with this
    > upgrade for effect on your Email account registered with us,
    >
    > Please Click Here To Start
    >
    > Failure to comply might lead to suspension or problem accessing your
    > account.
    > Thank you for your co-operation
    >
    > Copyright Notice © xtra.co.nz Limited and licensors. All rights
    > reserved.

    It's almost assuredly a phishing attempt. If you hover over the link
    ("please click here to start"), you'll see the link shown at the bottom,
    in the status bar of the e-mail. I bet it won't be a Telecom or Xtra
    link (domain).

    Do not *click* the link! :)

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Dec 14, 2012
  5. Geopelia

    EMB Guest

    On 14/12/2012 5:25 p.m., Geopelia wrote:

    > Dear Customer,
    >
    > Due to a recent upgrade in our server for the year 2012, we are
    > currently reviewing member's Email account for the year 2013 and we request
    > you to please take just a second out of your time to comply with this
    > upgrade for effect on your Email account registered with us,
    >
    > Please Click Here To Start
    >
    > Failure to comply might lead to suspension or problem accessing your
    > account.
    > Thank you for your co-operation
    >
    > Copyright Notice © xtra.co.nz Limited and licensors. All rights
    > reserved.

    With quality Engrish grammar like that it is guaranteed to be a fake.
    EMB, Dec 14, 2012
  6. Geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote:

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message

    [...]
    > > Not with Xtra, so no. Why don't you post the message. :)

    [...]
    > Please Click Here To Start

    Phishing Scam. Don't click. Delete it.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Dec 14, 2012
  7. On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:02:33 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >Yahoo New Zealand compulsory update.
    >

    >This arrived in my Inbox. I suspect spam, but thought I should check here
    >just in case.
    >Did anyone else get it?

    Why do you bother with this Spam I get one or 2 a week, it not spam but
    some one trying to hack into your acc.
    Frank Williams, Dec 14, 2012
  8. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:02:33 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Yahoo New Zealand compulsory update.
    >>

    >>This arrived in my Inbox. I suspect spam, but thought I should check here
    >>just in case.
    >>Did anyone else get it?
    >>

    > Why do you bother with this Spam I get one or 2 a week, it not spam but
    > some one trying to hack into your acc.

    Thanks to all. Most of the time I can tell, but sometimes they look genuine.

    Have you noticed that even if you don't know a language, you can still read
    an email?
    I got one from the Dominican Republic in Spanish offering to sell me sheet
    metal products, girders etc.
    I think that one is genuine, but why send it to me?
    Geopelia, Dec 14, 2012
  9. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-12-14, Geopelia <> wrote:

    > Thanks to all. Most of the time I can tell, but sometimes they look genuine.

    If in doubt, cancel out. Epecially if you do not know them, and/or they have
    cold called you. Stand firm.

    > Have you noticed that even if you don't know a language, you can still read
    > an email?

    Hum, tried some of the Asian ones?

    > I got one from the Dominican Republic in Spanish offering to sell me sheet
    > metal products, girders etc.
    > I think that one is genuine, but why send it to me?

    You may wish to bu 597,000 tonnes of them.

    This is pure advertising, well spam, as the target, for them is not defined.

    You will get more. Click to deleted.
    Gordon, Dec 15, 2012
  10. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2012-12-14, Geopelia <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Thanks to all. Most of the time I can tell, but sometimes they look
    >> genuine.

    > If in doubt, cancel out. Epecially if you do not know them, and/or they
    > have
    > cold called you. Stand firm.
    >

    >> Have you noticed that even if you don't know a language, you can still
    >> read
    >> an email?

    > Hum, tried some of the Asian ones?

    Asian English is sometimes hilarious. But it's better than my Chinese.

    >> I got one from the Dominican Republic in Spanish offering to sell me
    >> sheet
    >> metal products, girders etc.
    >> I think that one is genuine, but why send it to me?
    >>

    > You may wish to bu 597,000 tonnes of them.
    >
    > This is pure advertising, well spam, as the target, for them is not
    > defined.
    >
    > You will get more. Click to deleted.

    At least they seem to have stopped trying to send me Russian brides.
    Geopelia, Dec 15, 2012