    I tried searching for yahoo or IM's in the newsgroup but came up empty
    handed.

    Thanks.
    Sseaott, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Sseaott

    Brian Guest

    "Sseaott" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on this.
    >
    > There is this freak who keeps coming into a chat room on Yahoo that I hang
    > out in a lot, he has like 100 different screen names, most of them are

    quite
    > vile and I mean QUITE VILE, he im bombs people, sends out chat invitation
    > bombs to people over and over and over again until peoples computers crash
    > on them or freeze up. I dont know how many people have reported him to
    > yahoo and they do nothing, zip, zilch, zero! What program is this guy

    using
    > to cause all this trouble? Better yet, is there anyway he can be stopped,
    > perhaps finding out his IP address and maybe blocking it in my firewall
    > (hopefully he is on cable or DSL with an assigned IP address.
    >
    > I tried searching for yahoo or IM's in the newsgroup but came up empty
    > handed.
    >
    > Thanks.

    i doubt you can... he just keeps changing his profile or opening a new
    account when he does get reported... not sure that when you hit "ignore
    user" his user id and not just screen name gets ignored but try (if so.. he
    won't know that you are ignoring him)... if not then ur probably out of
    luck...
    Brian, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Sseaott

    > I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on this.
    >
    > There is this freak who keeps coming into a chat room on Yahoo that I hang
    > out in a lot, he has like 100 different screen names, most of them are

    quite
    > vile and I mean QUITE VILE, he im bombs people, sends out chat invitation
    > bombs to people over and over and over again until peoples computers crash
    > on them or freeze up. I dont know how many people have reported him to
    > yahoo and they do nothing, zip, zilch, zero! What program is this guy

    using
    > to cause all this trouble? Better yet, is there anyway he can be stopped,
    > perhaps finding out his IP address and maybe blocking it in my firewall
    > (hopefully he is on cable or DSL with an assigned IP address.
    >
    > I tried searching for yahoo or IM's in the newsgroup but came up empty
    > handed.
    >
    > Thanks.

    also you can under privacy settings check "ignore all users not on my
    friends list".. when he sends chat requests.... this will not affect the
    chat room.. just when he sends personal chat requests..
    Brian, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Sseaott

    Sseaott Guest

    yeah but then regular peeps can't im me who I don't know yet:)

    Sseaott, Jun 15, 2004