    smaller or is this a problem with the yahoo program? The help menu isn't
    much "help." It says to resize the window just drag it to the size you
    want, but that doesn't work well enough. Any help is appreciated.

    George, Jun 3, 2004

  2. George

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    news:WIyvc.45294$Yr.43140@okepread04...
    > I just upgraded my yahoo messenger. The problem is that the window can't

    be
    > resized small enough (for me.) My previous version could be resized down

    > about 2x3 inches but this new version is about 3x7 at its smallest. The
    > drag pointers work but they stop before I get the window resized small
    > enough. Is there some default that I need to uncheck to make the window

    get
    > smaller or is this a problem with the yahoo program? The help menu isn't
    > much "help." It says to resize the window just drag it to the size you
    > want, but that doesn't work well enough. Any help is appreciated.

    Don't ya just *hate* that? I know that in AIM they put this big section in
    that displays their ads and other content, and it can't be reduced in size
    any more either.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 4, 2004

  3. George

    George Guest

    Well Dang it - you're right. I only have the AOHell instant messenger. I
    only use it to transfer files with a friend. Its the best thing there is to
    send a 50meg movie clip. While its transferring, we talk with yahoo
    messenger. Anyway, I opened that AOHell window, and sure enough, it won't
    get any smaller either. I really thought this was going to be something
    simple and I'd have an answer in the first few minutes. But, with no input
    for a whole day, I guess it can't be done.
    ..

    George, Jun 4, 2004
  4. George

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - I don't think they do it to piss us off, but it sure works! I guess
    maybe going with a higher display resolution (1280x1024 instead of 1024x768)
    would make the window smaller, but then I wouldn't be able to read the tiny
    text! (Just kidding...I've got my reading glasses on <g>)

    Toolman Tim, Jun 4, 2004
  5. George

    reli_0900

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    yahoo messenger, version 11.5.0.155, now has tabs in private messaging.. you won't have many windows opened, as it is the default setting of 11.5.. and this is exactly the reason why you can't resize the window to its minimal form. all you need to do is go to Menu Bar of your PM window, click conversations, then preferences... preferences window will appear (of course). now click on the Messages Category. under the Miscellaneous, uncheck "Open new message windows in tab."
    click apply or ok. then there you have it.

    reli_0900, Feb 23, 2012