Yahoo Messenger Question/Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Serok42, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. Serok42

    Serok42 Guest

    Anyone Having Problems with yahoo messenger?

    I just did a fresh Install of Windows Xp and tried to reinstall Yahoo
    Messenger. As It was installing it kept telling me that it had encountered a
    problem and needed to close...when I close that window It will continue to
    install...and gives me the error message a few more times...after it finally
    installs and looks like it will hopefully work and I click it to launch the
    program I recieve the same message.....

    I do not have SP 2 Installed so the problem isn't there unless the newest
    version needs SP2...but the weird thing is that if I try to use trillian the
    yahoo portion of it will not connect....

    My roommate uses Yahoo messenger on his computer all day so Im not really
    sure what the hell is going on....any help would be quite helpful....

    Cheers

    Serok

    Serok42, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Serok42

    Sinner Guest

    "Serok42" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone Having Problems with yahoo messenger?
    >

    > My roommate uses Yahoo messenger on his computer all day

    Maybe the tech support people at Yahoo should be taking this question.

    Sinner, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Serok42

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Try a fresh download.