yahoo messanger wont work

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by heavenbound, May 18, 2004.

  1. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    this is the second time in less then a month on 2 different windows xp
    installs yahoo does not work. why?
    i can't install it or run the thing. it worked fine for a couple weeks now
    will not at all unless i reformat my pc and re install windows. why?
    i run it and it crashes ypager everytime. first issue was i right click on
    the sys tray icon and exit then it crashed saying ms visual c++ runtime
    library runtime err. ypager.exe R6025 pure virtual function call.

    then whenever i try to open it now it says ypager.exe failed to initialize
    properly (0xc0000005)

    when i try to reinstall or repair that same message happens everytime. i
    went to the control panel add remove and repair, then i uninstalled and went
    to yahoo.com to reinstall, same error happens.

    i dont know how this is even possible cus it's the second problem of the
    exact same issue. does it not like my computer? i think this is one buggy
    ass program. 5.6 version of messanger.

    what can i do to stop this problem? and do not tell me to use another chat
    program. keep it to do with yahho messanger only please.
    heavenbound, May 18, 2004

  2. heavenbound

    Wizard Guest

    Your just lucky ....

    Wizard, May 18, 2004

  3. heavenbound

    Jerry G. Guest

    You must be installing something that is damaging it. Evaluate the other
    software's you are using in your machine!

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., May 18, 2004
  4. heavenbound

    Stuart Guest

    heavenbound wrote:

    > this is the second time in less then a month on 2 different windows xp
    > installs yahoo does not work. why?
    > i can't install it or run the thing. it worked fine for a couple weeks now
    > will not at all unless i reformat my pc and re install windows. why?
    > i run it and it crashes ypager everytime. first issue was i right click on
    > the sys tray icon and exit then it crashed saying ms visual c++ runtime
    > library runtime err. ypager.exe R6025 pure virtual function call.
    >
    > then whenever i try to open it now it says ypager.exe failed to initialize
    > properly (0xc0000005)
    >
    > when i try to reinstall or repair that same message happens everytime. i
    > went to the control panel add remove and repair, then i uninstalled and went
    > to yahoo.com to reinstall, same error happens.
    >
    > i dont know how this is even possible cus it's the second problem of the
    > exact same issue. does it not like my computer? i think this is one buggy
    > ass program. 5.6 version of messanger.
    >
    > what can i do to stop this problem? and do not tell me to use another chat
    > program. keep it to do with yahho messanger only please.

    Did you turn your antivirus program of while installing it?

    Stuart
    Stuart, May 18, 2004
  5. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    I am not. nothing can damage this as far as i know.

    heavenbound, May 18, 2004
  6. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    i am not running an AV app.

    heavenbound, May 18, 2004
  7. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    also like i said i can't install it now. same erros and problems. even when
    uninstalling the ypager.exe has the same error number and problems.

    heavenbound, May 18, 2004
  8. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    uninstalling , deleteing the yahoo dir and reinstalling, even their new beta
    i still get the same problem with that failed to initalize properly
    (0xc0000005) error and that error happens 3-5 times when i uninstall evemn.
    repair same problem too.

    So why does yahoo messenger mess up so badly that the only way to get it
    working again is to reformat my hard drive and re install windows all over?

    heavenbound, May 19, 2004
  9. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    ok i did a repair install on windows and yahoo installed fine. i don't get
    it.

    heavenbound, May 19, 2004
  10. heavenbound

    Stuart Guest

    heavenbound wrote:

    > ok i did a repair install on windows and yahoo installed fine. i don't get
    > it.

    Sometimes when a program has problems installing or running it is
    invariably another program causing them.

    Stuart
    Stuart, May 19, 2004
  11. heavenbound

    Thor Guest

    > ok i did a repair install on windows and yahoo installed fine. i don't get
    > it.

    Quite simply, something was corrupted, or otherwise screwed up in your
    windows config. Either a bad registry entry, or an incorrectly registered
    file, or incorrect file version somewhere, was causing the program to fail.
    Quite an old story with windows, although not as common with XP as with the
    older versions.
    Thor, May 19, 2004
  12. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > heavenbound wrote:
    >
    > > ok i did a repair install on windows and yahoo installed fine. i don't

    get
    > > it.

    > Sometimes when a program has problems installing or running it is
    > invariably another program causing them.
    >
    > Stuart

    Ok, but what I do not understand is how this can happen to me so many times.
    I don't use the pc in any weird way nor install many apps. I don't know if
    it happened the second time the same time it did the first, like after some
    program install and it was the same or whatever. There's just no way for me
    to tell what could have been a cause for it.

    Can anyone suggest anything for the future how to keep an eye on it and
    maybe then I'll know what the cause might be?
    heavenbound, May 19, 2004
  13. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > heavenbound wrote:
    >
    > > ok i did a repair install on windows and yahoo installed fine. i don't

    get
    > > it.

    > Sometimes when a program has problems installing or running it is
    > invariably another program causing them.
    >
    > Stuart

    I spoke to soon, the problem is now back. and i have not done anything to
    the pc other then let it sit here all night doing aboslutely nothing. so
    what can i do to make it work for good? even if i reinsytall windows and a
    reformat the problem will come back i gaurantee it.
    heavenbound, May 19, 2004
  14. heavenbound

    Thor Guest

    > "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > > heavenbound wrote:
    > >
    > > > ok i did a repair install on windows and yahoo installed fine. i don't

    > get
    > > > it.

    > > Sometimes when a program has problems installing or running it is
    > > invariably another program causing them.
    > >
    > > Stuart
    > >

    > I spoke to soon, the problem is now back. and i have not done anything to
    > the pc other then let it sit here all night doing aboslutely nothing. so
    > what can i do to make it work for good? even if i reinsytall windows and a
    > reformat the problem will come back i gaurantee it.

    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mesg/imode/index.html

    In the end, it may be that Ymessenger 5.6 is just a buggy piece of crap, and
    nothing reasonable may help. Hell dude, it could even be some device driver
    that it doesn't like. You could try updating sound, video, and motherboard
    chipset drivers. Also disable all unneeded background tasks, including
    screensavers, and prevent the system from going into standby. If none of
    this helps, go download Trillian. It works with Yahoo messenger accounts.
    Thor, May 19, 2004
  15. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Stuart" <> wrote in message

    don't
    > > get
    > > >
    > > > Sometimes when a program has problems installing or running it is
    > > > invariably another program causing them.
    > > >
    > > > Stuart
    > > >

    > > I spoke to soon, the problem is now back. and i have not done anything

    > > the pc other then let it sit here all night doing aboslutely nothing. so
    > > what can i do to make it work for good? even if i reinsytall windows and

    > > reformat the problem will come back i gaurantee it.

    > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mesg/imode/index.html
    >
    > In the end, it may be that Ymessenger 5.6 is just a buggy piece of crap,

    and
    > nothing reasonable may help. Hell dude, it could even be some device

    driver
    > that it doesn't like. You could try updating sound, video, and motherboard
    > chipset drivers. Also disable all unneeded background tasks, including
    > screensavers, and prevent the system from going into standby. If none of
    > this helps, go download Trillian. It works with Yahoo messenger accounts.

    Yahoo 5.6 is buggy i think and i think it is the problem. i have trillian,
    but it won't tell you when you have mail, it used to, but not anymore since
    yahoo changed something on their end, now trillain doesn't say i have mail
    for the longest time.. i like messenger better however. umm, all my drivers
    are up to date.
    heavenbound, May 19, 2004
  16. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Stuart" <> wrote in message

    don't
    > > get
    > > >
    > > > Sometimes when a program has problems installing or running it is
    > > > invariably another program causing them.
    > > >
    > > > Stuart
    > > >

    > > I spoke to soon, the problem is now back. and i have not done anything

    > > the pc other then let it sit here all night doing aboslutely nothing. so
    > > what can i do to make it work for good? even if i reinsytall windows and

    > > reformat the problem will come back i gaurantee it.

    > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mesg/imode/index.html
    >
    > In the end, it may be that Ymessenger 5.6 is just a buggy piece of crap,

    and
    > nothing reasonable may help. Hell dude, it could even be some device

    driver
    > that it doesn't like. You could try updating sound, video, and motherboard
    > chipset drivers. Also disable all unneeded background tasks, including
    > screensavers, and prevent the system from going into standby. If none of
    > this helps, go download Trillian. It works with Yahoo messenger accounts.

    I've also been to that yahoo messenger site and the only thing it said was
    delete the messenger dir, lol. didn't help. sending them email they don't
    help either.
    heavenbound, May 19, 2004