    Thanks!

    --
    Have you washed your elbows at http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Jun 22, 2006

  2. vbMark

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Xns97EA8E25BFEE6vbmark@199.45.49.11,
    vbMark spewed forth:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I sometimes need to pass programming or HTML code to someone. Instant
    > messenger want to change things into smilies/emoticons.
    >
    > Is there a way to send text in such a way as to prevent conversion?
    >
    > I know about adding spaces but sometimes I miss some of them so am
    > looking for a better way.
    >
    > Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Using MSN messenger we zip things and send the files. I've not been on Yahoo
    IM for a few years so I don't know if it would support the same.

    --
    I have CDO. It's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, only in
    alphabetical order, just like it should be.
    Toolman Tim, Jun 22, 2006

  3. vbMark

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:10:15 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:Xns97EA8E25BFEE6vbmark@199.45.49.11, vbMark spewed forth:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I sometimes need to pass programming or HTML code to someone. Instant
    >> messenger want to change things into smilies/emoticons.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to send text in such a way as to prevent conversion?
    >>
    >> I know about adding spaces but sometimes I miss some of them so am
    >> looking for a better way.
    >>
    >> Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Using MSN messenger we zip things and send the files. I've not been on
    > Yahoo IM for a few years so I don't know if it would support the same.

    You can send any file via YIM

    Meat Plow, Jun 22, 2006
  4. vbMark wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I sometimes need to pass programming or HTML code to someone. Instant
    > messenger want to change things into smilies/emoticons.
    >
    > Is there a way to send text in such a way as to prevent conversion?
    >
    > I know about adding spaces but sometimes I miss some of them so am
    > looking for a better way.
    >
    > Any ideas would be appreciated.

    Not being a fan of emoticons generally, I have them disabled.

    Messenger-->Preferences-->Messages--> Enable Emoticons.

    Tick the box to blank it and wave bye-bye to smiley.

    The person you're sending to will need to do the same.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    Insisting on perfect safety is for people
    without the balls to live in the real world.
    Mary Shafer Iliff
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jun 22, 2006
  5. vbMark

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:p-meatplow.local,
    Meat Plow spewed forth:
    > On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:10:15 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:Xns97EA8E25BFEE6vbmark@199.45.49.11, vbMark spewed forth:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I sometimes need to pass programming or HTML code to someone.
    >>> Instant messenger want to change things into smilies/emoticons.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to send text in such a way as to prevent conversion?
    >>>
    >>> I know about adding spaces but sometimes I miss some of them so am
    >>> looking for a better way.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!

    >> Using MSN messenger we zip things and send the files. I've not been
    >> on Yahoo IM for a few years so I don't know if it would support the
    >> same.

    > You can send any file via YIM

    I would have expected that - thanks for the confirmation. It may provide the
    OP a method of resolving his dilemma.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 23, 2006
  6. vbMark

    vbMark Guest

    "Rhonda Lea Kirk" <> wrote in news:4g0dg6F1l7gotU1
    @individual.net:

    > vbMark wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I sometimes need to pass programming or HTML code to someone. Instant
    >> messenger want to change things into smilies/emoticons.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to send text in such a way as to prevent conversion?
    >>
    >> I know about adding spaces but sometimes I miss some of them so am
    >> looking for a better way.
    >>
    >> Any ideas would be appreciated.

    > Not being a fan of emoticons generally, I have them disabled.
    >
    > Messenger-->Preferences-->Messages--> Enable Emoticons.
    >
    > Tick the box to blank it and wave bye-bye to smiley.
    >
    > The person you're sending to will need to do the same.

    Perfect. Thank you.

    --
    Have you washed your elbows at http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Jun 23, 2006