Yahoo games and Java Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jose lopez, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. jose lopez

    jose lopez Guest

    uhuh
    "Janine Russell" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > I have recently bought a new computer and xp was already installed on it.

    My
    > only problem is that I cannot play yahoo games and it seems to be because

    > havent got any kind of Java System.
    >
    > Could someone please help me with this?
    >
    > I'm not too sure what information you would need for this so I'm sorry

    there

    jose lopez, Aug 22, 2004

  2. jose lopez

    Bulld0g Guest

    http://java.sun.com/

    Bulld0g, Aug 22, 2004

  3. jose lopez

    samuel Guest

    get Java http://java.com/

    samuel, Aug 22, 2004
  4. jose lopez

    pcbutts1 Guest

    http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp click on "Get it Now"

    pcbutts1, Aug 22, 2004
  5. jose lopez

    samuel Guest

    "Janine Russell" <> wrote in

    > Thanks for replying. I'm not sure which one to download though.
    > Ive just downloaded http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    > and it didn't work for me
    >
    > I'm not having very much luck I'm afraid.

    did you read install directions reboot ?

    Janine Russell, Aug 22, 2004
  7. Thanks for replying. I'm not sure which one to download though. Ive just

    Janine Russell, Aug 22, 2004
  8. Janine Russell, Aug 23, 2004
  9. jose lopez

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:39:46 GMT, "Janine Russell" <>
    wrote:

    >I have recently bought a new computer and xp was already installed on it. My
    >only problem is that I cannot play yahoo games and it seems to be because I
    >havent got any kind of Java System.
    >
    >Could someone please help me with this?
    >
    >I'm not too sure what information you would need for this so I'm sorry there
    >is none included
    >
    >TIA

    Install Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine (VM)

    Install this first:
    Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3805 full version
    http://www.laplink.com/download/pcsync/upgrade/msjavx86.exe

    Then either go to Windows update for the last update or download it here:
    Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3810 update
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/m...l/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe

    Unk, Aug 23, 2004
  10. Just to let everyone know. I was able to download MS VM Java at the pogo
    site when I tried to play a game there. They gave me the option. AND IT
    WORKED!!

    Thank you everyone for your help.

    Janine
    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:39:46 GMT, "Janine Russell" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have recently bought a new computer and xp was already installed on it.

    My
    > >only problem is that I cannot play yahoo games and it seems to be because

    > >havent got any kind of Java System.
    > >
    > >Could someone please help me with this?
    > >
    > >I'm not too sure what information you would need for this so I'm sorry

    there
    > >is none included
    > >
    > >TIA
    > >

    > Install Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine (VM)
    >
    > Install this first:
    > Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3805 full version
    > http://www.laplink.com/download/pcsync/upgrade/msjavx86.exe
    >
    > Then either go to Windows update for the last update or download it here:
    > Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3810 update

    http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/MSJa
    vWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe

    Janine Russell, Aug 23, 2004
  11. jose lopez