    Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.

    Any comments on if one should do this? I'm always leary about recommended
    changes, same with Microsoft ones.
    Christie, Sep 6, 2008

  2. Christie

    Joe J. Guest

    "Christie" <> wrote in message
    news:Sdxwk.9320$...
    > Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.
    >
    > Any comments on if one should do this? I'm always leary about
    > recommended changes, same with Microsoft ones.

    I've been using it for a month now w/o any problems.

    Joe J.
    Joe J., Sep 6, 2008

  3. Christie

    Joe J. Guest

    Joe J., Sep 6, 2008
  4. "Christie" <> wrote in message
    > Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.
    >
    > Any comments on if one should do this? I'm always leary about
    > recommended changes, same with Microsoft ones.

    I used FireFox for about a week, and uninstalled it. One thing I discovered
    very early is that it is a Netscape interface, and I had trouble with some
    of the Web sites I visit. I don't remember which site it was, but it gave an
    error that said it does not support Netscape. I had other issues too, so I
    uninstalled and went back to IE.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 6, 2008
  5. Christie

    sandy58 Guest

    On Sep 6, 4:21 pm, "Christie" <> wrote:
    > Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.
    >
    > Any comments on if one should do this?   I'm always leary about recommended
    > changes, same with Microsoft ones.

    Don't. I did & it's too much trouble. New "ass-about-face" bookmarking
    system. Comes up with a "Safe Mode" whatever for no apparent reason,
    gives the option of saving/changing settings and regardless of what
    one does........you lose.......like all your bookmarks, settings
    whatever.
    Older version wins. :)
    sandy58, Sep 6, 2008
  6. Christie

    sandy58, Sep 6, 2008
  7. Christie

    saycheez Guest

    I like Firefox 3 when it works.
    Because Firefox does not allow Active X it is technically safer than IE7.
    Of course some proprietary sites require Active X in order to access their
    content making FF3 useless. However for most users this is not an issue and
    they are probably safer for general web surfing with FF3.
    Although FF3 has been lauded for its stability in the computer media I am
    sad to say they lie. What a shock!
    I have found FF3 to be unstable on several Vista installations with constant
    freezing and occasional total system lock-ups. This includes a brand new
    Centrino2 notebook that is otherwise amazingly fast although saddled with
    the abomination that is Vista as its OS. FF3 was so bad I had to uninstall
    it.

    saycheez, Sep 7, 2008