    PWB Guest

    How can I close a yahoo email account please. Only when I log ono yahoo,
    i get a flag that all these unwanted messages are waiting TIA

    PWB, Feb 12, 2005

  2. On 12 Feb 2005, PWB scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > How can I close a yahoo email account please. Only when I log ono
    > yahoo, i get a flag that all these unwanted messages are waiting
    > TIA

    Don't log on for, I think, thirty days, and the account will be closed.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 12, 2005

  3. PWB

    Old Gringo Guest

    PWB wrote:
    > How can I close a yahoo email account please. Only when I log ono yahoo,
    > i get a flag that all these unwanted messages are waiting TIA

    Just change your address and never go back to the old one.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Feb 12, 2005
  4. PWB

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: yahoo email
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Feb 12, 2005
  5. PWB

    samuel Guest

    The Old Sourdough <sameas@above> wrote in

    > On 12 Feb 2005, PWB scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> How can I close a yahoo email account please. Only when I log
    >> ono yahoo, i get a flag that all these unwanted messages are
    >> waiting TIA
    >>

    > Don't log on for, I think, thirty days, and the account will
    > be closed.

    haven't used mine for near 3 months
    just logged on to mine and it is still active

    to pwb just ignore the yahoo account if you don't want to use it
    or delete messages and use it ?

    samuel, Feb 12, 2005
  6. PWB

    Vanguard Guest

    "PWB" <> wrote in message
    > How can I close a yahoo email account please. Only when I log ono
    > yahoo,
    > i get a flag that all these unwanted messages are waiting

    So? What compels you to actually read any of those items simply because
    you logged in?

    Before you close you account, and if you can still login, click the box
    to mark all messages in your Inbox and delete them. Empty out all your
    other folders and also your address book. Then empty the Trash folder.
    Then you alleviate Yahoo from continuing to store those messages that
    you don't want until your account actually gets physically purged from
    their mail server.

    Then, while logged in, enter the following URL in the address bar of
    your browser:

    https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user

    You get the option to kill your account. Where did I find this link?
    By searching their help web pages on "cancel account". Unlike Hotmail
    that lets you re-login within 60 days to reactivate a closed account
    (i.e., you can reopen it and start reusing it), closing a Yahoo Mail
    account results in it permanently and immediately getting disabled and
    you'll never be able to reopen it.

    Vanguard, Feb 12, 2005
  7. The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > On 12 Feb 2005, PWB scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> How can I close a yahoo email account please. Only when I log ono
    >> yahoo, i get a flag that all these unwanted messages are waiting
    >> TIA

    > Don't log on for, I think, thirty days, and the account will be closed.

    There's undoubtedly a cutoff point, but I've ignored some for months,
    and they haven't gone away.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Groups)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2005
  8. On 12 Feb 2005, Blinky the Shark scribbled in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >
    >> On 12 Feb 2005, PWB scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> How can I close a yahoo email account please. Only when I log
    >>> ono yahoo, i get a flag that all these unwanted messages are
    >>> waiting TIA

    >> Don't log on for, I think, thirty days, and the account will be
    >> closed.

    > There's undoubtedly a cutoff point, but I've ignored some for
    > months, and they haven't gone away.

    Some time back, I had one that I didn't use for a couple of months and
    it disappeared. Mebbe they're loosenin' up lately.

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 12, 2005
  9. PWB

    Plato Guest

    PWB wrote:

    > How can I close a yahoo email account please. Only when I log ono yahoo,
    > i get a flag that all these unwanted messages are waiting TIA

    Yahoo is for disposable email addresses. Dont worry about the ones you
    dont want to use anymore. Just set up a new one and use that.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 13, 2005