    Anyone know what's going on with Yahoo? All links that point to their
    servers don't work. Can someone try www.yahoo.com and see if they can get
    there? Thanks.
    darkrats, Nov 26, 2008

  2. darkrats

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:28:15 -0700, "darkrats" <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone know what's going on with Yahoo? All links that point to their
    >servers don't work.

    Uhhhh what?

    >Can someone try www.yahoo.com and see if they can get
    >there? Thanks.

    Works fine.
    Evan Platt, Nov 26, 2008

  3. darkrats

    darkrats Guest

    Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all day. I
    even did a complete format and restore, thinking some smal bit of malware
    might be blocking it, but still can't get in.

    darkrats, Nov 26, 2008
  4. darkrats wrote:

    > Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all day. I
    > even did a complete format and restore, thinking some smal bit of malware
    > might be blocking it, but still can't get in.
    >
    > "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "darkrats" <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know what's going on with Yahoo? All links that point to their
    >>> servers don't work. Can someone try www.yahoo.com and see if they can get
    >>> there? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Works OK here (SE London)

    OP: So have you run a traceroute?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2008
  5. darkrats

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    darkrats wrote:
    > "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "darkrats" <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know what's going on with Yahoo? All links that point to their
    >>> servers don't work. Can someone try www.yahoo.com and see if they can get
    >>> there? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Works OK here (SE London)
    >>

    > Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    > day. I
    > even did a complete format and restore, thinking some smal bit of
    > malware
    > might be blocking it, but still can't get in.

    ROFL! You can't get to one web site so you wipe and restore? Isn't that
    a bit extreme?
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 26, 2008
  6. darkrats

    rf Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > darkrats wrote:
    >> "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "darkrats" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Works OK here (SE London)
    >>>

    >> Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    > > day. I
    > > even did a complete format and restore, thinking some smal bit of
    > > malware
    > > might be blocking it, but still can't get in.
    > >

    > ROFL! You can't get to one web site so you wipe and restore? Isn't that a
    > bit extreme?

    She's been following chuckcar's advice.
    rf, Nov 26, 2008
  7. darkrats

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:38:30 -0700, darkrats wrote:

    > "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "darkrats" <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know what's going on with Yahoo? All links that point to their
    >>> servers don't work. Can someone try www.yahoo.com and see if they can
    >>> get there? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Works OK here (SE London)
    >>

    > Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all day.
    > I even did a complete format and restore, thinking some small bit of
    > malware might be blocking it, but still can't get in.

    You're kidding, right?

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Nov 26, 2008
  8. Aardvark wrote:

    >> Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    >> day. I even did a complete format and restore, thinking some small
    >> bit of malware might be blocking it, but still can't get in.

    > You're kidding, right?

    Apparently, it is a way of life for some Windows users. I've talked to
    several people who routinely wipe and reinstall every three or four
    months, because "it's running so slow."

    There was an article about viruses and trojans in the New York Times
    some while back that detailed how a New York City business executive
    would toss his laptop into a dumpster every few months and buy a new
    one.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 26, 2008
  9. darkrats

    Buffalo Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:38:30 -0700, darkrats wrote:
    >

    >> "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> "darkrats" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Works OK here (SE London)
    >>>

    >> Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    >> day. I even did a complete format and restore, thinking some small
    >> bit of malware might be blocking it, but still can't get in.
    >>

    > You're kidding, right?

    What's to kid about? Doesn't everyone 'format and restore' if they can't
    get to a web page???

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Buffalo :)
    Buffalo, Nov 26, 2008
  10. darkrats

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:55:02 -0700, Buffalo wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:38:30 -0700, darkrats wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    >>> day. I even did a complete format and restore, thinking some small bit
    >>> of malware might be blocking it, but still can't get in.
    >>>

    >> You're kidding, right?

    > What's to kid about? Doesn't everyone 'format and restore' if they
    > can't get to a web page???

    LOL.

    > Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    We don't do that particular celebration here in the UK, but nevertheless:
    right back atcha!

    Aardvark, Nov 26, 2008
  11. On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:54:28 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty aided th'
    terraists with the following claims :

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    >>> day. I even did a complete format and restore, thinking some small
    >>> bit of malware might be blocking it, but still can't get in.

    >> You're kidding, right?

    > Apparently, it is a way of life for some Windows users. I've talked to
    > several people who routinely wipe and reinstall every three or four
    > months, because "it's running so slow."
    >
    > There was an article about viruses and trojans in the New York Times
    > some while back that detailed how a New York City business executive
    > would toss his laptop into a dumpster every few months and buy a new
    > one.

    Damn. I wish I was his neighbor :)

    Load up the extra ones with linux & sell em.

    w00t.

    http://www.mykeru.com
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 26, 2008
  12. Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > darkrats wrote:
    >> "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "darkrats" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Works OK here (SE London)
    >>>

    > > Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    > > day. I
    > > even did a complete format and restore, thinking some smal bit of
    > > malware
    > > might be blocking it, but still can't get in.
    > >

    > ROFL! You can't get to one web site so you wipe and restore? Isn't that
    > a bit extreme?

    It's just Winthink.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2008
  13. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > It's just Winthink.

    Have you coined a new word?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 26, 2008
  14. darkrats

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:19:20 -0600, HEMI-Powered wrote:

    > Aardvark added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
    >
    >>> Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    >> We don't do that particular celebration here in the UK, but
    >> nevertheless: right back atcha!
    >>

    > Being that the Pilgrims were religious dissidents fleeing England, I can
    > understand why you don't celebrate them meeting Indians who saved their
    > very lives!

    Indians in America before the Pilgrims? Were they running convenience
    stores selling turkeys, potatoes and tobacco?

    I think they would have been more likely to encounter Indians if they had
    sailed a circuitous route eastward rather than directly westward. :)

    Aardvark, Nov 26, 2008
  15. Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2008
  16. Bill wrote:

    > lid says...
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> You're kidding, right?

    >> Apparently, it is a way of life for some Windows users. I've talked
    >> to several people who routinely wipe and reinstall every three or
    >> four months, because "it's running so slow."
    >>
    >> There was an article about viruses and trojans in the New York Times
    >> some while back that detailed how a New York City business executive
    >> would toss his laptop into a dumpster every few months and buy a new
    >> one.

    > Was that because the hard drive was full?

    The dumpster guy? Yes. Full of viruses and trojans.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 27, 2008
  17. darkrats

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > darkrats wrote:
    >> "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "darkrats" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Works OK here (SE London)
    >>>

    > > Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    > > day. I
    > > even did a complete format and restore, thinking some smal bit of
    > > malware
    > > might be blocking it, but still can't get in.
    > >

    > ROFL! You can't get to one web site so you wipe and restore? Isn't that
    > a bit extreme?

    That was NTL's advice when their DHCP fscked up - I hung up and dialled
    back until we got someone who understood what a DNS server IP was.
    They even credited the cost of the phone call - £1.50 per minute for
    "support" has always seemed reasonable to people like chuckcar.
    Cork Soaker, Nov 28, 2008
  18. darkrats

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Thanks for checking for me. I haven't been able to access Yahoo all
    >>> day. I even did a complete format and restore, thinking some small
    >>> bit of malware might be blocking it, but still can't get in.

    >> You're kidding, right?

    > Apparently, it is a way of life for some Windows users. I've talked to
    > several people who routinely wipe and reinstall every three or four
    > months, because "it's running so slow."

    A friend of mine "can't be bothered" to shut down properly, so he just
    pulls the plug. The result being he has to reinstall when the
    corruption reaches stupendous proportions.

    He works in IT and he is a fucking retard, there's a lot of it going around.

    Cork Soaker, Nov 28, 2008
  19. darkrats

    Cork Soaker Guest

    >> Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    > We don't do that particular celebration here in the UK, but nevertheless:
    > right back atcha!

    Some silly buggers do!
    Cork Soaker, Nov 28, 2008
  20. darkrats

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 00:37:29 +0000, Cork Soaker wrote:

    >>> Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    >> We don't do that particular celebration here in the UK, but
    >> nevertheless: right back atcha!

    > Some silly buggers do!

    Yeah. And they're called expatriate Americanese.

    Aardvark, Nov 28, 2008