    ability to send from the account and no other Yahoo services are affected.
    (and no, my mailbox is not full!)

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    Watcher of the Skies, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Watcher of the Skies

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:cMptf.17920$,
    Watcher of the Skies spewed forth:
    > Can anyone tell me where I can get support for a Yahoo.co.uk mailbox
    > problem please?
    >
    > It has stopped allowing incoming mail. It returns an error message to
    > the sender:-
    >
    > ---------------------------------
    > Message from yahoo.com.
    > Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).
    >
    > <***@yahoo.co.uk:>
    > Can't open mailbox for ***@yahoo.co.uk. Temporary error
    > //I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too
    > long. ---------------------------------
    >
    > This temporary error has existed since about 10th Dec! It doesn't
    > affect my ability to send from the account and no other Yahoo
    > services are affected. (and no, my mailbox is not full!)
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated.

    Does this occur when someone REPLIES to something you have sent?

    Does this error message affect EVERYONE who sends you email?

    Toolman Tim, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Yes - it affects ALL incoming mail, whether from Yahoo groups, other bulk
    lists,
    individuals and SPAM. I sent a test mail from another account & ISP which is
    how
    I got to see the error message. And nothing is in the inbox whether I access
    via
    the web or via my POP email.

    I can however send mail from it, and move things from other folders into the
    inbox on the web. These are then available to my POP access, so, I think all
    other aspects of my Yahoo account are working, but ALL incoming bounces.

    Watcher of the Skies, Dec 31, 2005
  4. Watcher of the Skies

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:VYytf.60558$,
    Watcher of the Skies spewed forth:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:cMptf.17920$,
    >> Watcher of the Skies spewed forth:
    >>> Can anyone tell me where I can get support for a Yahoo.co.uk mailbox
    >>> problem please?
    >>>
    >>> It has stopped allowing incoming mail. It returns an error message
    >>> to the sender:-
    >>>
    >>> ---------------------------------
    >>> Message from yahoo.com.
    >>> Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).
    >>>
    >>> <***@yahoo.co.uk:>
    >>> Can't open mailbox for ***@yahoo.co.uk. Temporary error
    >>> //I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too
    >>> long. ---------------------------------
    >>>
    >>> This temporary error has existed since about 10th Dec! It doesn't
    >>> affect my ability to send from the account and no other Yahoo
    >>> services are affected. (and no, my mailbox is not full!)
    >>>
    >>> Any help greatly appreciated.

    >> Does this occur when someone REPLIES to something you have sent?
    >>
    >> Does this error message affect EVERYONE who sends you email?
    >>

    > Yes - it affects ALL incoming mail, whether from Yahoo groups, other
    > bulk lists,
    > individuals and SPAM. I sent a test mail from another account & ISP
    > which is how
    > I got to see the error message. And nothing is in the inbox whether I
    > access via
    > the web or via my POP email.
    >
    > I can however send mail from it, and move things from other folders
    > into the inbox on the web. These are then available to my POP access,
    > so, I think all other aspects of my Yahoo account are working, but
    > ALL incoming bounces.

    It certainly sounds like a problem with Yahoo then, not with senders or
    formats.

    Try this link and see if it helps you get asistance from Yahoo -
    http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/uk/mail/cgi_errors

    Toolman Tim, Dec 31, 2005
  5. Watcher of the Skies

    Plato Guest

    Watcher of the Skies wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me where I can get support for a Yahoo.co.uk mailbox problem
    > please?

    Ask the seller of the service you are paying for.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 31, 2005
  6. "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > It certainly sounds like a problem with Yahoo then, not with senders or
    > formats.
    >
    > Try this link and see if it helps you get asistance from Yahoo -
    > http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/uk/mail/cgi_errors

    Thanks, that seemed to do the trick.
    Even though Yahoo reckoned there was nothing wrong, the first bit of mail in
    my inbox was the mail telling me there was nothing wrong. Coincidence - too
    much of one I think.
    Thanks again.

    Watcher of the Skies, Jan 3, 2006
  7. Watcher of the Skies

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:TEzuf.16908$,
    Watcher of the Skies spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> It certainly sounds like a problem with Yahoo then, not with senders
    >> or formats.
    >>
    >> Try this link and see if it helps you get asistance from Yahoo -
    >> http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/uk/mail/cgi_errors
    >>

    > Thanks, that seemed to do the trick.
    > Even though Yahoo reckoned there was nothing wrong, the first bit of
    > mail in my inbox was the mail telling me there was nothing wrong.
    > Coincidence - too much of one I think.
    > Thanks again.

    You're welcome :)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 3, 2006