Yahoo briefcase ain't working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob Jones, May 8, 2005.

  1. Bob Jones

    Bob Jones Guest

    Anybody else having problems with their Yahoo Briefcase accounts? Be
    aware that I'm PAYING for the premium service, through SBC Yahoo DSL.

    When I try to edit filenames or upload new files, I get an error
    message telling me:

    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
    might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust
    your browser settings.

    I get the same error message in Briefcase with all my Yahoo accounts.

    Typically, Yahoo denies a problem exists. Here's their worthless reply
    to my request for help:

    Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Briefcase.

    We believe that the problem you were experiencing was a transient one
    that shouldn't persist. We were unable to replicate the issue you are
    experiencing. The problem may have been caused by our system, or
    perhaps by your web browser or Internet connection. Whatever the case,
    we apologize for any inconvenience that it caused.

    If you continue to experience the problem, please reply to this message

    describing it in as much detail as possible, including the steps you
    take leading up to it, how often it occurs, and the exact text of any
    error messages that you receive. The information you provide will help

    us to provide a solution more quickly.

    Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.
    Bob Jones, May 8, 2005

  2. Bob Jones

    trout Guest

    Bob Jones wrote:

    > Anybody else having problems with their Yahoo Briefcase accounts? Be
    > aware that I'm PAYING for the premium service, through SBC Yahoo DSL.
    >
    > When I try to edit filenames or upload new files, I get an error
    > message telling me:
    >
    > The page cannot be displayed
    > The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
    > might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
    > adjust your browser settings.
    >
    > I get the same error message in Briefcase with all my Yahoo accounts.

    <snip>

    Yahoo is staffed by chimps. That said; what browser are you using,
    and what *are* your security settings?
    --
    Did you try lowering them, or adding Yahoo (IE) to "Trusted sites"?
    trout, May 8, 2005

  3. Bob Jones

    Bob Jones Guest

    trout, I've tried to access Briefcase with both Firefox and IE, with no
    luck.

    I thought you might have something there with the IE "Trusted sites"
    option, so I added Yahoo and reset my security level to minimum. But I
    still get the same error message.

    I'd really like to know if others are able to access their Briefcase
    folders.

    Here's the latest response from our friends at Yahoo. I doubt I'll ever
    hear from them again. Remember, this isn't just Yahoo, it's SBC-Yahoo,
    and I'm paying a monthly fee for their crappy DSL service:

    We have forwarded this issue to our engineering staff -- who are
    currently evaluating it and determining if a resolution is possible. If

    they have determined this (it may take several days depending upon the
    complexity of your problem and other issues they may be
    troubleshooting), we will get in touch with you.
    Bob Jones, May 10, 2005
  4. Bob Jones

    David Guest

    hi you must have a fault at your end i have just been into my yahoo
    briefcase so it not the yahoo server.
    dave

    David, May 10, 2005
  5. Bob Jones

    Old Gringo Guest

    Bob Jones wrote:
    > Anybody else having problems with their Yahoo Briefcase accounts? Be
    > aware that I'm PAYING for the premium service, through SBC Yahoo DSL.
    >
    > When I try to edit filenames or upload new files, I get an error
    > message telling me:
    >
    > The page cannot be displayed
    > The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
    > might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust
    > your browser settings.
    >
    > I get the same error message in Briefcase with all my Yahoo accounts.
    >
    > Typically, Yahoo denies a problem exists. Here's their worthless reply
    > to my request for help:
    >
    > Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Briefcase.
    >
    > We believe that the problem you were experiencing was a transient one
    > that shouldn't persist. We were unable to replicate the issue you are
    > experiencing. The problem may have been caused by our system, or
    > perhaps by your web browser or Internet connection. Whatever the case,
    > we apologize for any inconvenience that it caused.
    >
    > If you continue to experience the problem, please reply to this message
    >
    > describing it in as much detail as possible, including the steps you
    > take leading up to it, how often it occurs, and the exact text of any
    > error messages that you receive. The information you provide will help
    >
    > us to provide a solution more quickly.
    >
    > Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

    Using FireFox on this end, and all is well.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, May 10, 2005
  6. Bob Jones

    trout Guest

    Bob Jones wrote:

    > trout, I've tried to access Briefcase with both Firefox and IE, with
    > no luck.
    >
    > I thought you might have something there with the IE "Trusted sites"
    > option, so I added Yahoo and reset my security level to minimum. But I
    > still get the same error message.
    >
    > I'd really like to know if others are able to access their Briefcase
    > folders.
    >
    > Here's the latest response from our friends at Yahoo. I doubt I'll
    > ever hear from them again. Remember, this isn't just Yahoo, it's
    > SBC-Yahoo, and I'm paying a monthly fee for their crappy DSL service:
    >
    > We have forwarded this issue to our engineering staff -- who are
    > currently evaluating it and determining if a resolution is possible.
    > If
    >
    > they have determined this (it may take several days depending upon the
    > complexity of your problem and other issues they may be
    > troubleshooting), we will get in touch with you.

    That neither browser will do certainly seems to indicate a problem
    at their end (despite *others* not having the same problem). I have had
    no dealings with SBC-Yahoo, but Yahoo, in general, have been well known
    to bugger individual accounts up, that mysteriously begin to work days
    or weeks later.
    Since you're *paying* for this non-service; I'd go the 'squeaky
    wheel' route, and email them daily until this is resolved.
    --
    Make sure it's *their* problem.
    trout, May 10, 2005
  7. Bob Jones

    Bob Jones Guest

    Yahoo tech support continues to offer helpful replies. I have to give
    it to them -- at least they answer, which is better than they used to
    do.

    The latest "resolution" is for me to clear my temp folder and reset my
    security settings!

    Thank you for contacting SBC Yahoo! E-mail Support.
    I apologize for this inconvenience.

    Based on the information you have provided, I should have no difficulty
    resolving your issue .I can help you resolve that issue by clearing
    temporary Internet files, history and cookies.
    Bob Jones, May 13, 2005
  8. Bob Jones

    mkg42_tm Guest

    Yep, here too. Worked yesterday, uploaded files all was well. Toda
    same problems as you. Not found when trying to get subfolders

    Used three diff browsers, three diff machines, same result. Not hear
    from support yet. Yahoo's been decent so far all in all I've got n
    clue as to what this is about. wt

    --
    mkg42_t
    mkg42_tm's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1318