    straight in and have to be closed .

    Sorry to be so dumb.

    Thank you. Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 27, 2003

  2. geopelia

    °Mike° Guest

    Copy/paste the following into notepad and save it as a *.reg file.
    Merge the file into your registry by double clicking on it. Note
    that EVERYTHING between the [ and ] MUST be one line only,
    and there must be a blank line at the end.

    ***** <-- omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]
    "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001

    ***** <-- omit this line

    Reboot.

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:12:08 +1200, in
    <5Tndb.160927$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003

  3. geopelia

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:10:40 +1200, in
    <eCpdb.161007$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 28, 2003
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you . Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 28, 2003
  5. For Yahoo:- Login > Preferences > General :- UNcheck the box "Automatically
    start Yahoo! Messenger"

    and I'm sure MSN has something similar.

    Watcher of the Skies, Sep 29, 2003