    can undo this foulup is much, much appreciated.

    regards.

    , Aug 4, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a yahoo email account (not this one) which is somehow now tagged
    > as a child account, and I cannot login anymore. Is there any advice on
    > how to undo this?
    >
    > I've using the account since year beginning with no problem, and
    > yesterday had some advice from Yahoo customer support where they
    > advised me to edit the Account Info settings, which I did with no
    > problem. When I tried to login into the account again, it is now
    > stating it is a Child account and I need Parent access to view. As
    > there is no Parent account linked (as I am an adult!) I can't get in at
    > all. I've emailed Yahoo CS again, but no reply yet. I have a very
    > nasty feeling that they will deny responsibility and refuse to correct
    > their fault.
    >
    > Any advice on either a technical solution, or persuasion technique that
    > can undo this foulup is much, much appreciated.
    >
    > regards.

    Sounds like the curse of the dropdown box. You probably change the DOB
    without even knowing. Would you like a gmail invite - it's much better then
    Yahoo.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Shawn Guest

    if you dont mind, id like a gmail invite if you could. reply to

    Shawn, Aug 4, 2005
  4. joevan Guest

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:54:43 +0100, "Secret Squiddle" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>I have a yahoo email account (not this one) which is somehow now tagged
    >> as a child account, and I cannot login anymore. Is there any advice on
    >> how to undo this?
    >>
    >> I've using the account since year beginning with no problem, and
    >> yesterday had some advice from Yahoo customer support where they
    >> advised me to edit the Account Info settings, which I did with no
    >> problem. When I tried to login into the account again, it is now
    >> stating it is a Child account and I need Parent access to view. As
    >> there is no Parent account linked (as I am an adult!) I can't get in at
    >> all. I've emailed Yahoo CS again, but no reply yet. I have a very
    >> nasty feeling that they will deny responsibility and refuse to correct
    >> their fault.
    >>
    >> Any advice on either a technical solution, or persuasion technique that
    >> can undo this foulup is much, much appreciated.
    >>
    >> regards.

    >Sounds like the curse of the dropdown box. You probably change the DOB
    >without even knowing. Would you like a gmail invite - it's much better then
    >Yahoo.
    >
    >**SS**

    Send me one too. I think it could be a useful thing. I checked with it
    today and found out you have to have an invite.
    Sent to;

    Yeah that is one of my emales. I use it for certain thangs.
    boniusgonius is original so I didn't have to use numbers with it.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 4, 2005
  5. Shawn Guest

    thanks for the invite

    Shawn, Aug 4, 2005
  6. Shawn Guest

    yeah its original but you should have added something like "remove"
    somewhere in it, you can likely expect some spam from some not so nice folks
    on that account now that you posted it here

    Shawn, Aug 4, 2005
  7. hey.joe Guest

    <> a écrit dans le message de
    > I have a yahoo email account (not this one) which is somehow now tagged
    > as a child account, and I cannot login anymore. Is there any advice on
    > how to undo this?
    >
    > I've using the account since year beginning with no problem, and
    > yesterday had some advice from Yahoo customer support where they
    > advised me to edit the Account Info settings, which I did with no
    > problem. When I tried to login into the account again, it is now
    > stating it is a Child account and I need Parent access to view. As
    > there is no Parent account linked (as I am an adult!) I can't get in at
    > all. I've emailed Yahoo CS again, but no reply yet. I have a very
    > nasty feeling that they will deny responsibility and refuse to correct
    > their fault.
    >
    > Any advice on either a technical solution, or persuasion technique that
    > can undo this foulup is much, much appreciated.

    Same problem here with Yahoo mail (and can't access adult profiles )
    so I now use Gmail.

    hey.joe, Aug 5, 2005
  8. Shawn wrote:

    > yeah its original but you should have added something like "remove"
    > somewhere in it, you can likely expect some spam from some not so nice folks
    > on that account now that you posted it here

    Speaking of nice, it's not nice to get spam sent to places you're not
    associated with. Do you really have that mail account at myserver.com?
    Didn't think so.

    Registrant:
    OPS Corporation
    Musashiya Bldg.3F, 1-29-7 Kamiochiai
    Shinjuku-ku, TOKYO 161-0034 JP

    Domain Name: MYSERVER.COM

    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2005
  9. Shawn Guest

    didnt think there really was a myserver.com, if so then i'll change it,
    thanks for the heads up

    Shawn, Aug 5, 2005
  10. joevan Guest

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:32:55 GMT, "Shawn" <> wrote:

    >yeah its original but you should have added something like "remove"
    >somewhere in it, you can likely expect some spam from some not so nice folks
    >on that account now that you posted it here
    >
    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:54:43 +0100, "Secret Squiddle" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> Send me one too. I think it could be a useful thing. I checked with it
    >> today and found out you have to have an invite.
    >> Sent to;
    >>

    >> Yeah that is one of my emales. I use it for certain thangs.
    >> boniusgonius is original so I didn't have to use numbers with it.

    Nothing yet, no spam either. Anyhoo, if one of my emails becomes a
    prob, I would just delete it or simply make another and not use it.
    Not with the gmail though I will keep it.
    I have not had a problem with any of my mail programs. I don't
    tolerate ads or spam.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 5, 2005
  11. Shawn wrote:

    > didnt think there really was a myserver.com, if so then i'll change it,
    > thanks for the heads up

    Even if you do check and find nothing, that's no guarantee that
    whatever you've made up won't be a real domain tomorrow. Better to
    just not make up stuff in the first place.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 6, 2005

  12. >>>

    invite on way. It is not from secret squirrel BTW. But you will see
    **********@gmail.com

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Aug 6, 2005