    into my account?

    --
    Edward.

    Edward Hyde, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Edward Hyde

    Phil Guest

    "Edward Hyde" <> wrote in message
    news:bqm94l$81a$...
    > My Yahoo account seems to have been recently hacked into and the password
    > changed. I've had the account since 1999 and can't remember the dob I

    gave
    > Yahoo when I opened it and that info is not listed on my profile nor on

    the
    > registration e-mail they sent me. Any suggestions as to how I can get

    back
    > into my account?
    >
    > --
    > Edward.

    You can't remember the dob you gave! - "Your" Date of Birth would have been
    a good choice..........

    Phil, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Edward Hyde

    Rosco Guest

    Phil wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Edward Hyde" <> wrote in message
    >> My Yahoo account seems to have been recently hacked into and the
    >> password changed. I've had the account since 1999 and can't
    >> remember the dob I

    > gave
    >> Yahoo when I opened it and that info is not listed on my profile
    >> nor on

    > the
    >> registration e-mail they sent me. Any suggestions as to how I
    >> can get

    > back
    >> into my account?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Edward.
    >>

    > You can't remember the dob you gave! - "Your" Date of Birth would
    > have been a good choice..........

    from experience helping a friend try to regain control of his account
    after his ex hacked it, if you do not have the proper information
    that was provided when you first set up the account or the current
    secret question, then yahoo will not grant access to the acount.

    Rosco, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Edward Hyde

    SwaY-RideR Guest

    The same happened to my account that I had since 1998
    using some phoney address & date of birth.
    I called Yahoo they asked me the DOB which was OK but the address that I can
    remember was either Afghanistan OR Zimbabwe :)
    But they did not gave me secound chance to guess ;)
    So I lost my oldie Yahoo account.
    So try to remeber your address and DOB they you got it back!!!

    SwaY-RideR, Dec 4, 2003
  5. On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:41:07 -0000, "SwaY-RideR" <>
    wrote:

    >The same happened to my account that I had since 1998
    >using some phoney address & date of birth.
    >I called Yahoo they asked me the DOB which was OK but the address that I can
    >remember was either Afghanistan OR Zimbabwe :)
    >But they did not gave me secound chance to guess ;)
    >So I lost my oldie Yahoo account.
    >So try to remeber your address and DOB they you got it back!!!

    Surely the OP (if he is in the UK) could make a formal Subject Access
    Request for his personal data held by Yahoo! under Section 7(1) of the
    Data Protection Act 1998. He could then use the personal data to get
    a new password.
    --

    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Edward Hyde

    M Mullen Guest

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:19:54 -0000, "Edward Hyde" <>
    wrote:

    |> My Yahoo account seems to have been recently hacked into and the password
    |> changed. I've had the account since 1999 and can't remember the dob I gave
    |> Yahoo when I opened it and that info is not listed on my profile nor on the
    |> registration e-mail they sent me. Any suggestions as to how I can get back
    |> into my account?

    Sounds like you lost it.

    Try to hack back into it.

    I assume whoever hacked into it, knows you.

    This person would want you to know some message, if you ever got back in.

    I'd start with a password of fuckyou in different variations

    It's basic hacking.

    --

    o/ o__ / __ __ \ | o/
    __| \/ \__o /\o |o /\ __| o\ / |__

    M Mullen, Dec 5, 2003
  7. Edward Hyde

    O/Siris Guest

    Alasdair Baxter wrote:
    > On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:41:07 -0000, "SwaY-RideR" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The same happened to my account that I had since 1998
    >> using some phoney address & date of birth.
    >> I called Yahoo they asked me the DOB which was OK but the address
    >> that I can remember was either Afghanistan OR Zimbabwe :)
    >> But they did not gave me secound chance to guess ;)
    >> So I lost my oldie Yahoo account.
    >> So try to remeber your address and DOB they you got it back!!!

    > Surely the OP (if he is in the UK) could make a formal Subject Access
    > Request for his personal data held by Yahoo! under Section 7(1) of the
    > Data Protection Act 1998. He could then use the personal data to get
    > a new password.

    Wouldn't Yahoo! deny the request if the OP had used false information? "We
    don't have anyone on file who matches that description..."

    O/Siris, Dec 5, 2003
  8. Edward Hyde

    Laurent Guest

    Hi, i'm currently experiencing the same issue...
    i've already had around 8 emails with Yahoo support without any
    success !
    i'll update you if by any chance i find a way to get it back but i
    really begin to think about creating a new one...

    ciao,
    Laurent.

    Laurent, Dec 15, 2003
  9. Edward Hyde

    Phil Guest

    Once again I must ask " why didn't you provide your correct date of birth"?

    > > On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:19:54 -0000, "Edward Hyde"

    <>

    Phil, Dec 16, 2003
  10. > Once again I must ask " why didn't you provide your correct date of birth"?

    If other people have that information, it is easy to get into an account
    that is supposed to be secured with this "secret" information. It's
    funny that passwords for such accounts have to be a certain length and
    can't be the same as the user name, but providing basic personal
    information, which is available to some privacy-violating spammers now,
    disables that password.

    Alexander Rogge, Dec 18, 2003
  11. Edward Hyde

    Phil Guest

    I am lost for words!

    If stopped by a Police officer, do you give false information to them?
    "Alexander Rogge" <> wrote in message
    > > Once again I must ask " why didn't you provide your correct date of

    birth"?

    > If other people have that information, it is easy to get into an account
    > that is supposed to be secured with this "secret" information. It's
    > funny that passwords for such accounts have to be a certain length and
    > can't be the same as the user name, but providing basic personal
    > information, which is available to some privacy-violating spammers now,
    > disables that password.

    ---

    Phil, Dec 21, 2003
  12. Edward Hyde

    Senti Guest

    If the police officer doesn't have any reason to stop you, then you have no
    reason to give real info.

    On the other hand, if the police officer *does* have a reason to stop you,
    then do you really *want* to give the real info... ;-)

    Senti, Dec 21, 2003
  13. > I am lost for words!

    > If stopped by a Police officer, do you give false information to them?

    The police aren't likely to be breaking into my accounts by misusing my
    personal information.

    Alexander Rogge, Dec 21, 2003