    no interest in buying an RGB to Y, Pr/Cr, Pr/Cb converter or getting a
    mySky PVR

    Cheers, Andy

    Andy Simpson, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Andy Simpson

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Andy Simpson" <> wrote in message
    news:75xMf.18$...
    > Hi there, can the latest versions of the Sky Digital Pace and / or
    > Motorola Decoders output a Y, Pr/Cr, Pr/Cb (Component) signal in
    > addition to the usual RGB signal through their SCART connector?
    >
    > There was speculation last year that a firmware upgrade planned by Sky
    > was going to make this possible.
    >
    > If the answer is no I will make do with a SCART to S-Video cable. I have
    > no interest in buying an RGB to Y, Pr/Cr, Pr/Cb converter or getting a
    > mySky PVR

    I think the Mysky box will do it......

    Craig Sutton, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Andy Simpson

    Mackin_NZ Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:

    > "Andy Simpson" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there, can the latest versions of the Sky Digital Pace and / or
    >> Motorola Decoders output a Y, Pr/Cr, Pr/Cb (Component) signal in
    >> addition to the usual RGB signal through their SCART connector?
    >>
    >> There was speculation last year that a firmware upgrade planned by Sky
    >> was going to make this possible.
    >>
    >> If the answer is no I will make do with a SCART to S-Video cable. I have
    >> no interest in buying an RGB to Y, Pr/Cr, Pr/Cb converter or getting a
    >> mySky PVR
    >>

    > I think the Mysky box will do it......

    Yes, the MySky box will do it. I have one connected this way. The
    installer asked me what type of connection I wanted to use and installed
    the SCART to Component cable.

    However the OP is evidently not interested in getting MySky.

    Mackin_NZ

    Mackin_NZ, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Andy Simpson

    krazy Bob Guest

    "Mackin_NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    >

    >> "Andy Simpson" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi there, can the latest versions of the Sky Digital Pace and / or
    >>> Motorola Decoders output a Y, Pr/Cr, Pr/Cb (Component) signal in
    >>> addition to the usual RGB signal through their SCART connector?
    >>>
    >>> There was speculation last year that a firmware upgrade planned by Sky
    >>> was going to make this possible.
    >>>
    >>> If the answer is no I will make do with a SCART to S-Video cable. I have
    >>> no interest in buying an RGB to Y, Pr/Cr, Pr/Cb converter or getting a
    >>> mySky PVR
    >>>

    >> I think the Mysky box will do it......

    > Yes, the MySky box will do it. I have one connected this way. The
    > installer asked me what type of connection I wanted to use and installed
    > the SCART to Component cable.
    >
    > However the OP is evidently not interested in getting MySky.

    I don't really see the point in paying sky $600 for mysky box when "you"
    only lease it from them, surely if you pay $600 you should have some right
    to keep it.

    KB

    krazy Bob, Feb 27, 2006
  5. "krazy Bob" <> wrote in message

    > "Mackin_NZ" <> wrote in message
    >> Craig Sutton wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Andy Simpson" <> wrote in message

    >>> I think the Mysky box will do it......

    >> Yes, the MySky box will do it. I have one connected this way. The
    >> installer asked me what type of connection I wanted to use and installed
    >> the SCART to Component cable.
    >>
    >> However the OP is evidently not interested in getting MySky.
    >>

    > I don't really see the point in paying sky $600 for mysky box when "you"
    > only lease it from them, surely if you pay $600 you should have some right
    > to keep it.
    >
    > KB
    >> Mackin_NZ

    it is only a 1-off payment. leasing implies regular payments.and , you can
    keep it, so long as you subscribe to sky. What you need to consider, is the
    duration you intend to retain sky.

    And, the quality / usability of this is awesome. i can fast forward the ad
    breaks in just a few seconds.

    So, while you fumble around, programming dual devices, i can schedule mywky
    to record a program in less than a second.

    My breakeven point for making mysky worthwhile is 2 years ownership. then,
    if i cancel sky (can't see any reason why i would) after 2 years, i consider
    this a good deal.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Feb 27, 2006