  1. Paul  Fisher

    Paul Fisher Guest

    anyone have a clean site to download from?

    Paul Fisher, Aug 19, 2007

  2. Paul  Fisher

    Mike Easter Guest

    Paul Fisher wrote:

    Subject: Y-Enc

    > anyone have a clean site to download from?

    o subject/body construction
    o don't html news
    o yProxy

    -1- Do not put essential elements of your question *only* in the
    subject. That makes the body of your post lack context for anyone to
    reply. The respondent should not have to post your subject into the
    body to provide adequate context, and the respondent is not going to be
    answering the question up in the subject. Fundamentally, you did not
    construct a meaningful message body. The message body should be made of
    complete sentences which compehensively describe what you are asking.

    -2- Your newsreader is OE. Not only does OE not have native y-decoding
    built in, but it also is often default configured to post into
    newssgroups in html. Newsgroup posting should be in plaintext. You
    configure your OE to post to news in plaintext in OE/ Tools/ Options/
    Send tab - news sending format - check plaintext, not html

    -3- IMO the easiest way to decode yEnc with OE is to use yProxy, which
    comes in a free and paid version http://www.yproxy.com/ yProxy is a
    simple plugin that works seamlessly between every newsreader and
    newsgroup. It includes a wizard for configuring Outlook Express

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 19, 2007

  3. Paul  Fisher

    John Holmes Guest

    Paul Fisher "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > anyone have a clean site to download from?

    I always download from my own site: www.google.com
    But then again, I may not.

    --
    You're so stupid, you ordered your sushi well done.

    John Holmes, Aug 19, 2007
  4. Paul  Fisher

    Vanguard Guest

    Vanguard, Aug 19, 2007
  5. Paul  Fisher

    meerkat Guest

    "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    > "Paul Fisher" <> wrote in message
    > anyone have a clean site to download from?
    >

    > yEnc is a protocol, not a download. Yeah, right, like we're supposed to
    > waste time trying guess what you really want.

    About time you upgraded that crystal ball V. %> ).

    meerkat, Aug 19, 2007
  6. Paul  Fisher

    Vanguard Guest

    "meerkat" wrote in message

    > "Vanguard" wrote ...
    >>
    >> "Paul Fisher" wrote ...
    >>>
    >>> anyone have a clean site to download from?

    >> yEnc is a protocol, not a download. Yeah, right, like we're
    >> supposed to waste time trying guess what you really want.
    >>

    > About time you upgraded that crystal ball V. %> ).

    Ball is latest version and clean. Batteries are weak so I can't hear
    what the spirits are saying as they're looking over the OP's shoulder
    to see what the hell he meant to say but didn't.

    Vanguard, Aug 19, 2007
  7. On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:13:56 -0500, Vanguard wrote:

    > "meerkat" wrote in message

    <snip>
    >> About time you upgraded that crystal ball V. %> ).

    > Ball is latest version and clean. Batteries are weak so I can't hear
    > what the spirits are saying as they're looking over the OP's shoulder
    > to see what the hell he meant to say but didn't.

    LMAO!

    Ophelia Cummins, Aug 19, 2007
  8. Paul  Fisher

    John Holmes Guest

    Ophelia Cummins "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:13:56 -0500, Vanguard wrote:
    >
    >> "meerkat" wrote in message

    > <snip>
    >>> About time you upgraded that crystal ball V. %> ).

    >> Ball is latest version and clean. Batteries are weak so I can't hear
    >> what the spirits are saying as they're looking over the OP's shoulder
    >> to see what the hell he meant to say but didn't.

    > LMAO!

    You're so stupid, you told everyone that you were "illegitimate" because
    you couldn't read.

    --
    Your mother was a vomitous time waster who used to drink Brasso in a
    cave.

    John Holmes, Aug 19, 2007