  1. Fred Seaver

    Fred Seaver Guest

    For Mp3's I need help on decoding. I need to know the procedure.
    Fred Seaver, Apr 6, 2009

  2. Fred Seaver

    Mike Easter Guest

    "Fred Seaver"
    Subject: Y-Enc and codecs

    > For Mp3's I need help on decoding. I need to know the procedure.

    You didn't gdo a good job of creating your message question body.

    The reader of your question should not have to construct a question for you
    that involves telling about what is your operating system, what is your
    newsreader agent and what is your problem to figure out what is going on.
    You should not start your question by assuming that everyone knows what is
    going on in your head or your computer when you started typing, to
    understand how to respond to your message.

    It seems that what you are saying is that your operating system is Windows
    XP or Vista, derived from your headers which tell about your Mail
    newsreader, amd that given the deficiencies of your unstated newsreader
    namely Mail/OE that it doesn't have integrated yDecoding, and that given
    that it doesn't have yDecoding that you have some kind of question about how
    to handle a yEmcoded probably mulitpart mp3 encoding.

    In the first place your newsreader is inherently incompetent to do the
    duties you need without supplementation with such as yProxy or similar. In
    the second place, it is also inferiorly incompetent to even carry on a
    conversation in a text newsgroup without additional help from such as
    OEQuoteFix to help its editor.

    So the problem becomes that if you aren't an OE wrangler, that you shouldn't
    even be using Windows Mail as your newsreader in the first and second
    places; you should be using something else for your binaries, but not
    T'bird.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 6, 2009

  3. Fred Seaver

    thanatoid Guest

    "Fred Seaver" <> wrote in

    > For Mp3's I need help on decoding. I need to know the
    > procedure.

    Don't use MS programs for the Usenet or email.

    Get a nice small mail program and get XNews for Usenet. Does
    yEnc without you even noticing it, except for the faster DL's.
    thanatoid, Apr 6, 2009
  4. "Fred Seaver" <> wrote in message
    > For Mp3's I need help on decoding. I need to know the procedure.

    yEnc is an encoding method allowing 8-bit binary content, such as images,
    videos or MP3s to be posted in a 7-bit (ASCII text only) environment.
    You need a way to automatically decode the MP3s as you download them. You'll
    need a third party decoder. With such a decoder installed, your MP3s will be
    immediately usable once downloaded. The content you have already downloaded,
    as you discovered, canot be used by your MP3 player.

    Because there is no official standard for yEnc the encoding method is not
    now, nor will it ever be, supported by Microsoft software.

    OeYenc is a free inline decoder that works quite well within Outlook Express
    or Windows Mail.
    http://www.mutexed.com/code/OeyEnc/

    Colon Terminus, Apr 6, 2009
  5. Fred Seaver

    VanguardLH Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > "Fred Seaver"
    >>
    >> For Mp3's I need help on decoding. I need to know the procedure.

    > ... given the deficiencies of your unstated newsreader namely Mail/OE
    > that it doesn't have integrated yDecoding, ...

    Unlikely that Microsoft will ever supported the non-standardized Yenc
    "protocol" rather than continue supporting the better MIME spec.

    > ... it is also inferiorly incompetent to even carry on a conversation
    > in a text newsgroup without additional help from such as OEQuoteFix
    > to help its editor.

    OEQuoteFix: Probably irrelevant since the OP appears to use Windows
    Mail (in Vista) for his newsgroup visits. Does OE-QF support operation
    with Windows Mail?

    Of course, the OP mentions both Yenc and MP3 which are both encoding
    schemes but doesn't mention with which one he wants help.
    VanguardLH, Apr 7, 2009
  6. Fred Seaver

    thanatoid Guest

    VanguardLH <> wrote in

    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> "Fred Seaver"
    >>>
    >>> For Mp3's I need help on decoding. I need to know the
    >>> procedure.

    >> ... given the deficiencies of your unstated newsreader
    >> namely Mail/OE that it doesn't have integrated yDecoding,

    > Unlikely that Microsoft will ever supported the
    > non-standardized Yenc "protocol" rather than continue
    > supporting the better MIME spec.

    All the best inventions in the word were non-standardized.
    S"STandardize" eans a bunch of jerks in suits sit around for
    weeks and make the standard the worst ot could possible be while
    the developer/inventor is making a noose.

    yEnc is vastly superior to the MIME garbage and while not
    perfect, it is free and perfectly usable byt anoyone not
    clueless enough to use IE/OE.

    >> ... it is also inferiorly incompetent to even carry on a
    >> conversation in a text newsgroup without additional help
    >> from such as OEQuoteFix to help its editor.

    Huh?

    > OEQuoteFix: Probably irrelevant since the OP appears to use
    > Windows Mail (in Vista) for his newsgroup visits. Does
    > OE-QF support operation with Windows Mail?

    Death to Webmail, especially "XP and Viista" only Hotmail.

    > Of course, the OP mentions both Yenc and MP3 which are both
    > encoding schemes but doesn't mention with which one he
    > wants help.

    Well, most people are just stupid, no offense to the poster, not
    to mention that mp3 and yEnc don't have anything to do with each
    other since yEnc can be used for ANY file and has preset values
    while mp3 has about a 100 quality vs. size options.
    thanatoid, Apr 7, 2009
  7. Fred Seaver

    thanatoid Guest

    VanguardLH <> wrote in