    anybody have issues with xvid or compressed movies causing the machine to
    hang requiring, a hard reset?
    just trying to bottom an issue i have.
    mark, Jul 18, 2005

  2. mark

    wewa Guest

    not at all.
    Thats one of the first things i wanted to try when i started using x64.

    I have installed divx, xvid, 3ivx, and many more, on all versions of x64
    with no problems.
    i even use gspot with no problems.

    you must have something else installed that's affecting your compatibility.
    what kind of compressed movies are they (codec and player).

    wewa, Jul 18, 2005

  3. mark

    mark Guest

    "wewa" <.4me> wrote in message
    > not at all.
    > Thats one of the first things i wanted to try when i started using x64.
    >
    > I have installed divx, xvid, 3ivx, and many more, on all versions of x64
    > with no problems.
    > i even use gspot with no problems.
    >
    > you must have something else installed that's affecting your

    compatibility.
    > what kind of compressed movies are they (codec and player).

    seems to be mainly compressed xvid movies, i had an issue with the sound and
    mplayer running at 100%cpu
    i updated the sound drivers and seemed to have cleared it up, the system has
    odd hard freezes which i cant
    trouble shoot as theres no info which require a hard reboot,
    my board is a msi neo2 platinum, ive used all the latest drivers from their
    site,
    might just be a coincedence that its xvid or the movie player causing
    issues, but with no way of knowing what's
    causing it im clutching at straws.
    mark, Jul 18, 2005
  4. > seems to be mainly compressed xvid movies, i had an issue with the sound
    > and mplayer running at 100%cpu i updated the sound drivers and seemed to
    > have cleared it up, the system has odd hard freezes which i cant
    > trouble shoot as theres no info which require a hard reboot,
    > my board is a msi neo2 platinum, ive used all the latest drivers from
    > their
    > site,
    > might just be a coincedence that its xvid or the movie player causing
    > issues, but with no way of knowing what's
    > causing it im clutching at straws.

    Hi, I have a Neo2 Platinum too, and the same thing happens (but also on
    the 32-bit editions.) It happens with certain QuickTime movies too.

    The crashes became less frequent after applying the motherboard flash from
    MSI (using their LiveUpdate program makes this simple.)

    But I don't think it's a 64-bit specific issue.

    Greetings,
    Wessel
    Wessel Troost, Jul 18, 2005
  5. mark

    mark Guest

    > Hi, I have a Neo2 Platinum too, and the same thing happens (but also on
    > the 32-bit editions.) It happens with certain QuickTime movies too.
    >
    > The crashes became less frequent after applying the motherboard flash from
    > MSI (using their LiveUpdate program makes this simple.)
    >
    > But I don't think it's a 64-bit specific issue.
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Wessel

    its the first MSI board ive owned, ive a decent power supply so it cant be
    that, wonder what it is!

    cheers

    mark
    mark, Jul 18, 2005