    What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have tried
    converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds xvid
    (mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format ..thanks

    DRVNGUY, May 2, 2005

  2. DRVNGUY

    Ionizer Guest

    "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have
    > tried
    > converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds
    > xvid
    > (mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format
    > ..thanks

    Just burn a "data" disk.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, May 2, 2005

  3. DRVNGUY

    DRVNGUY Guest

    Tried that but nero crashes and tells me it needs to close ?..weird ?

    DRVNGUY, May 2, 2005
  4. DRVNGUY

    Aquanaut Guest

    "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in message
    > What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have tried
    > converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds xvid
    > (mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format ..thanks

    What happens when you burn an image?(use the nero function)
    Always found that to be my best route to quality copies
    burn your cd/dvd etc from the image

    Aquanaut, May 2, 2005
  5. DRVNGUY

    DRVNGUY Guest

    I got it now ...thanks

    DRVNGUY, May 2, 2005
  6. DRVNGUY

    DRVNGUY Guest

    Thought i had it ..just made 2 coasters from cdr ..
    i get to 100% complete burn ..than it freezes and sais...could not preform
    fixation '

    burn proccess failed

    scsi command aborted

    DRVNGUY, May 3, 2005
  7. DRVNGUY

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 19:20:03 -0400, "DRVNGUY" <>
    wrote:

    >Thought i had it ..just made 2 coasters from cdr ..
    >i get to 100% complete burn ..than it freezes and sais...could not preform
    >fixation '

    Googling the correct spelling (Could not perform fixation) shows that
    message generally happens with low quality media.

    Evan Platt, May 3, 2005
  8. DRVNGUY

    Ionizer Guest

    "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in message
    > Thought i had it ..just made 2 coasters from cdr ..
    > i get to 100% complete burn ..than it freezes and sais...could not
    > preform fixation '

    As Evan suggests, try a different brand of media. And/or also try these
    standard recommendations when having burn problems: shut off your
    antivirus while burning, don't perform other tasks on the computer
    during the burn, and burn at a slower speed.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, May 3, 2005