XtreamLok Alert

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by lynn lucas, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. lynn lucas

    lynn lucas Guest

    Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this annoyance?
    It started when I downloaded a couple of wav files. They were kinda
    funny and I used them to start and exit Windows. Now whenever I try
    top click on a .wav file on a website, I get this grey box titled
    XtreamLok Alert. It says: DLL loading problem or debugger detected
    or integrity violated. It gives me a choice of x to close it or a
    close button. When I make either choice, either the browser closes
    or else I get a blue screen & have to reboot.

    I've since deleted the wav files which seem to have started this mess,
    and I've done a search for XtreamLok in the registry. It found one
    entry which I deleted. I did a virus scan and nothing was found.

    I've researched the subject and it appears to be some kind of
    anti-piracy code written into shareware. I only had one shareware
    program which I've since removed.

    This is turning into a major annoyance. I often like to click on wav
    files just to listen and now I can't.

    Is there a way, other than doing a complete reformat, to rid my
    machine of this pest?

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    lynn

    lynn lucas, Aug 23, 2003