    Now almost getting just as many spam emails as I was getting when xtra
    didn't have this feature. Anyone else notice that it has gradually got
    worse.

    Max, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Max wrote:
    > Now almost getting just as many spam emails as I was getting when xtra
    > didn't have this feature. Anyone else notice that it has gradually got
    > worse.

    They may be tweaking their filters to reduce the number of false positives.
    Just filter it yourself. I find that "SpamPal" works excellently.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Max

    Rider Guest

    "Max" <> wrote in message
    > Now almost getting just as many spam emails as I was getting when xtra
    > didn't have this feature. Anyone else notice that it has gradually got
    > worse.

    Good thing you dont pay for it then huh LOL

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Max

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:23:05 +1300, Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > Max wrote:
    >> Now almost getting just as many spam emails as I was getting when xtra
    >> didn't have this feature. Anyone else notice that it has gradually got
    >> worse.

    > They may be tweaking their filters to reduce the number of false positives.
    > Just filter it yourself. I find that "SpamPal" works excellently.

    look gentle people, the spam war is a guerilla war. We block spam in one
    place and the spammer adapts, we need to adapt in response.

    There is no such thing as a fixed spam filter.

    Gordon, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Max

    Robert Guest

    Have noticed that my spam is now 3 times what it was beginning of last
    month.
    Most caught by the ISP filter.

    Robert, Feb 13, 2004
  6. Max

    Ali P Guest

    "Max" <> wrote in message
    > Now almost getting just as many spam emails as I was getting when xtra
    > didn't have this feature. Anyone else notice that it has gradually got
    > worse.

    Paradise appear to be letting a few more slip through the net as well.
    Although when I go on line to check my trapped spam, the one's that got
    through are only a small fraction of the total. Its the spam where almost
    every word is misspelt (herrball viaggrar anyone?) that appear to be getting
    through the spam trap.
    AL

    Ali P, Feb 13, 2004
  7. Max

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    Max <> wrote:

    > Now almost getting just as many spam emails as I was getting when xtra
    > didn't have this feature. Anyone else notice that it has gradually got
    > worse.

    no, still 100% for me

    whoisthis, Feb 14, 2004
  8. Max

    matt Guest

    i find that my spam in my hotmail is alot less than what it was a year ago.
    dunno why but i dont get much spam anymore on that account. save me from
    having to go in to clea it up as it full up the box. well it used to . not
    now

    matt, Feb 14, 2004