Xtra's refund - another farce

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Robert Feigel, May 28, 2006.

  1. An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
    gesture like this right.

    Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

    Hi

    Firstly, we'd like to apologise if you were affected by the
    recent email and Internet connection problems at Xtra.

    Dealing with occasional faults is a fact of life for any
    Internet company, but in this case fixing them took longer
    than we would have liked.

    We know the delays were frustrating so thanks for your
    patience while we put things right.

    If you were affected, we'd like to offer you a one-off
    credit on your Telecom account, equivalent to four days of
    your monthly Internet plan charge. This covers the time from
    when the problems started to when we restored service for
    all of our customers.

    To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
    http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.

    You will need your Telecom account number to complete the
    form. You can find this number in the top right hand corner
    of your Telecom bill.

    Kind regards

    The Team @ Xtra

    Robert Feigel, May 28, 2006

  2. Robert Feigel

    gimp Guest

    Robert Feigel wrote:
    > An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    > they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    > was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    > refund?

    its may. :)

    gimp, May 28, 2006

  3. On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:06:29 +1200, gimp <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >Robert Feigel wrote:
    >> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    >> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    >> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    >> refund?

    >its may. :)

    Duhhhhhhh ... ;-)b

    Robert Feigel, May 28, 2006
  4. Robert Feigel

    Vista Guest

    "Robert Feigel" <> wrote in message
    > An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    > they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    > was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the

    > To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
    > http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.

    What are you talking about, you have a month to claim it.

    Vista, May 28, 2006
  5. Robert Feigel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Robert Feigel wrote:
    > An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    > they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    > was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    > refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
    > gesture like this right.

    They did get it right. Going by their standards, they got it bang-on.
    Requiring you to acknowledge and sign up rather than just crediting
    everyone's accounts.

    (Note: It says JUNE 28th, a month away)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, May 28, 2006
  6. Robert Feigel

    BTMO Guest

    "Robert Feigel" <> wrote

    > An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    > they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    > was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    > refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
    > gesture like this right.
    >
    > Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

    I was so pissed off by their shitty "service" I changed ISPs, and phone
    suppliers, effective last Tuesday.

    How do I claim a refund???

    (though, it could be said that I already win - I am no longer a telecon
    customer...)

    BTMO, May 28, 2006
  7. Robert Feigel

    Vista Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert Feigel" <> wrote in message
    >> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    >> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    >> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the

    >> To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
    >> http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.
    >>

    > What are you talking about, you have a month to claim it.

    Also their deal is far better than what SKY offered after their outage. Sky
    only offered one days refund, and something that affected all sky satellite
    customers. Telecoms problem didn't affect all of their customers, yet they
    are offering all of them 4 days refund.
    After the farce of a game last night, where it should never have been played
    on those conditions, I am thinking of cancelling my sky connection. I only
    got it for the rugby anyway and I am sure it was only because of the
    pressure from these TV companies, that it went ahead.

    Vista, May 28, 2006
  8. On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:53:30 +1200, BTMO wrote:

    >> Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

    > I was so pissed off by their shitty "service" I changed ISPs, and phone
    > suppliers, effective last Tuesday.
    >
    > How do I claim a refund???

    Going to the website, putting in your details. Your telecon account will
    be active for many years even if you don't subscribe to ANY telecon
    service or hire any product.

    You simply need to have been a telecon customer at the time.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 28, 2006
  9. Robert Feigel

    BTMO Guest

    "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote

    >> How do I claim a refund???

    > Going to the website, putting in your details. Your telecon account will
    > be active for many years even if you don't subscribe to ANY telecon
    > service or hire any product.
    >
    > You simply need to have been a telecon customer at the time.

    its going to make it pretty hard for them to credit my account...

    ;-)

    BTMO, May 28, 2006
  10. On Sun, 28 May 2006 17:18:07 +1200, BTMO wrote:

    >>> How do I claim a refund???

    >> Going to the website, putting in your details. Your telecon account will
    >> be active for many years even if you don't subscribe to ANY telecon
    >> service or hire any product.
    >>
    >> You simply need to have been a telecon customer at the time.

    > its going to make it pretty hard for them to credit my account...

    Why?

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Andreas Girardet: "In Suse, there are about 15,000 to 20,000
    developers working on the project, and internally at Novell

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 28, 2006
  11. Robert Feigel

    BTMO Guest

    "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote

    >>> You simply need to have been a telecon customer at the time.

    >> its going to make it pretty hard for them to credit my account...

    > Why?

    I no longer have *any* form of account with them...

    BTMO, May 28, 2006
  12. Robert Feigel

    Gordon Guest

    Oh good stuff, Telecom feels the heat of competition/unbudling.

    Long may it last.

    Gordon, May 28, 2006
  13. Robert Feigel

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:06:29 +1200, gimp wrote:

    > Robert Feigel wrote:
    >> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    >> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    >> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    >> refund?

    > its may. :)

    But is it? ;-*

    Gordon, May 28, 2006
  14. On Sun, 28 May 2006 12:59:59 +1200, Robert Feigel
    <> wrote in

    > An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    > they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    > was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    > refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
    > gesture like this right.
    >
    > Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

    [bobbitus maximus]

    > To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
    > http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.

    When I went to school, 28 May and 28 June were a month apart.

    What's this "expect an (sic!) response by today" about, then?

    --
    Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, May 28, 2006
  15. On Sun, 28 May 2006 18:01:29 +1200, BTMO wrote:

    >>> its going to make it pretty hard for them to credit my account...

    >> Why?

    > I no longer have *any* form of account with them...

    Actually, you do.

    It's just that you're not presently subscribed to any of its services or
    hiring any of its products.

    Telecom "reactivated" my account with them after several years of disuse.
    In fact it was still live in their computer system.

    Your a/c will still be active - inasmuch as they would use the idential
    account, and would still have your entire a/c history the next time you go
    to subscribe or hire anything from Telecom/Xtra.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 28, 2006
  16. Robert Feigel

    Rebel Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 May 2006 12:59:59 +1200, Robert Feigel
    > <> wrote in
    >
    >> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    >> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    >> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    >> refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
    >> gesture like this right.
    >>
    >> Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

    > [bobbitus maximus]
    >>
    >> To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
    >> http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.

    > When I went to school, 28 May and 28 June were a month apart.
    >
    > What's this "expect an (sic!) response by today" about, then?

    You posted this approx 5 hours after the OP posted this.

    >On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:06:29 +1200, gimp <>
    >magnanimously proffered:

    >>Robert Feigel wrote:
    >> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    >> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    >> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    >> refund?

    >>its may. :)

    >Duhhhhhhh ... ;-)b

    Talk about pot calling kettle black, if you are going to make statements
    about others stupidity look to your own first.

    Rebel, May 28, 2006
  17. Robert Feigel

    BTMO Guest

    "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote

    >> I no longer have *any* form of account with them...

    > Actually, you do.
    >
    > It's just that you're not presently subscribed to any of its services or
    > hiring any of its products.
    >
    > Telecom "reactivated" my account with them after several years of disuse.
    > In fact it was still live in their computer system.
    >
    > Your a/c will still be active - inasmuch as they would use the idential
    > account, and would still have your entire a/c history the next time you go
    > to subscribe or hire anything from Telecom/Xtra.

    True enough, but that is a very Telecon-centric view of the world.

    I want my money, dammit!

    ;-)

    BTMO, May 28, 2006
  18. On Sun, 28 May 2006 18:59:21 +1200, BTMO wrote:

    >> Your a/c will still be active - inasmuch as they would use the idential
    >> account, and would still have your entire a/c history the next time you go
    >> to subscribe or hire anything from Telecom/Xtra.

    > True enough, but that is a very Telecon-centric view of the world.
    >
    > I want my money, dammit!

    Well ASK for it.

    Go to that website and put in your UID and account details!

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 28, 2006
  19. On Sun, 28 May 2006 18:54:12 +1200, Rebel <> wrote in

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 28 May 2006 12:59:59 +1200, Robert Feigel
    >> <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    >>> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    >>> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    >>> refund? The company must be run by cretins when the can't even get a
    >>> gesture like this right.
    >>>
    >>> Crediting your Telecom account for recent network problems

    >> [bobbitus maximus]
    >>>
    >>> To receive your credit, simply enter your details at
    >>> http://www.xtra.co.nz/xtraplancredit by 28 June 2006.

    >> When I went to school, 28 May and 28 June were a month apart.
    >>
    >> What's this "expect an (sic!) response by today" about, then?
    >>

    > You posted this approx 5 hours after the OP posted this.
    >
    >>On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:06:29 +1200, gimp <>
    >>magnanimously proffered:

    >>>Robert Feigel wrote:
    >>> An email from Xtra. My credit will be around six dollars. Please note:
    >>> they sent the email today and expect an response by today. What if I
    >>> was away for the weekend? Would I have missed my chance for the
    >>> refund?

    >>>its may. :)

    >>Duhhhhhhh ... ;-)b

    > Talk about pot calling kettle black, if you are going to make statements
    > about others stupidity look to your own first.

    At what stage of the proceedings did it become mandatory to scan the
    entire thread before replying to one post? That I did not see that post
    until after I posted my reply is no justification for your outburst -
    apart from which, since when did he need an ill-mannered erk such as you
    to defend him? Up yours with the blunt end of a large pine cone!

    Nicolaas Hawkins, May 28, 2006
  20. Robert Feigel

    BTMO Guest

    "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote

    >> True enough, but that is a very Telecon-centric view of the world.
    >>
    >> I want my money, dammit!

    > Well ASK for it.
    >
    > Go to that website and put in your UID and account details!

    Oh trust me, I will...

    If only to annoy them.

    ;-)

    BTMO, May 28, 2006