    Telecom will someday pay a steep price for their arrogance and lack of
    integrity.

    May they both rot in pieces ...

    Robert Feigel, May 3, 2006

  2. On Wed, 03 May 2006 18:23:14 +1200, Robert Feigel
    <> magnanimously proffered:

    >That's it. Xtra's news service is gone and hopefully both Xtra and
    >Telecom will someday pay a steep price for their arrogance and lack of
    >integrity.
    >
    >May they both rot in pieces ...

    However, that didn't stop the patronising tossers from posting one
    last message on xtra.general, xtra.questions & xtra.adsl:

    For some time Xtra has hosted a complimentary Usenet server.

    However, the number of people using this service has steadily declined
    and there are now only a few hundred regular users.

    Because of this decline in popularity, we have decided that, from May
    3, we will no longer provide the newsgroup service.

    If you'd like to continue using newsgroups, there are other services
    available such as giganews.com, or free services such as Google
    Groups.

    We like to apologise to the small number of regular users who will be
    affected by this change.

    Kind regards

    The Team @ Xtra

    Robert Feigel, May 3, 2006

  3. On Wed, 03 May 2006 19:34:21 +1200, Robert Feigel wrote:

    > If you'd like to continue using newsgroups, there are other services
    > available such as giganews.com, or free services such as Google
    > Groups.

    But why would anybody want to do that when they could simply move to
    another ISP that actually HAS an NNTP server, and save money by doing so?

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 3, 2006