    customers a $150 credit to help compensate for slow speeds and false
    advertising. My credit was something like $63. Anyone else get a
    credit from Xtra?
    Donchano, Mar 16, 2007

  2. Donchano

    Kent Smith Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > I thought I read or heard that Xtra was going to give it's Go Large
    > customers a $150 credit to help compensate for slow speeds and false
    > advertising. My credit was something like $63. Anyone else get a
    > credit from Xtra?

    It was $150. They took out the $50 transaction charge and the $37 fee for
    over use of a hula-hoop.

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Mar 16, 2007

  3. Donchano

    Vista Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >I thought I read or heard that Xtra was going to give it's Go Large
    > customers a $150 credit to help compensate for slow speeds and false
    > advertising. My credit was something like $63. Anyone else get a
    > credit from Xtra?

    Where did you hear that from? That is not correct. They were providing a
    refund for as long as you were on the plan, back dated to december. If you
    only joined in January, you obviously would not be refunded for december.
    They were not providing any additional compensation.
    Vista, Mar 17, 2007
  4. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:19:42 +1300, "Vista" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >>I thought I read or heard that Xtra was going to give it's Go Large
    >> customers a $150 credit to help compensate for slow speeds and false
    >> advertising. My credit was something like $63. Anyone else get a
    >> credit from Xtra?
    >>

    >Where did you hear that from? That is not correct. They were providing a
    >refund for as long as you were on the plan, back dated to december. If you
    >only joined in January, you obviously would not be refunded for december.
    >They were not providing any additional compensation.

    I switched from the Explorer plan to Go Large the week before they
    started automatically upgrading Explorer customers. IIRC that was in
    late October. I made my first complaint to Xtra about Go Large in
    early December and filed an official complaint about it with the
    Commerce Commission in January. So, by anybody's calendar that's four
    months at $49.95 a month.
    Donchano, Mar 17, 2007
  5. Donchano

    Vista Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:19:42 +1300, "Vista" <>
    > magnanimously proffered:
    >

    >>"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >>>I thought I read or heard that Xtra was going to give it's Go Large
    >>> customers a $150 credit to help compensate for slow speeds and false
    >>> advertising. My credit was something like $63. Anyone else get a
    >>> credit from Xtra?
    >>>

    >>Where did you hear that from? That is not correct. They were providing a
    >>refund for as long as you were on the plan, back dated to december. If you
    >>only joined in January, you obviously would not be refunded for december.
    >>They were not providing any additional compensation.
    >>

    > I switched from the Explorer plan to Go Large the week before they
    > started automatically upgrading Explorer customers. IIRC that was in
    > late October. I made my first complaint to Xtra about Go Large in
    > early December and filed an official complaint about it with the
    > Commerce Commission in January. So, by anybody's calendar that's four
    > months at $49.95 a month.

    The refund only applies from something like the 8th of December, until a few
    weeks ago. Therefore you were probably refunded the correct amount (eg the 1
    and a bit months you were on the plan during that period.)
    Vista, Mar 18, 2007
  6. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:49:43 +1200, "Vista" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:19:42 +1300, "Vista" <>
    >> magnanimously proffered:
    >>

    >>>"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>>Where did you hear that from? That is not correct. They were providing a
    >>>refund for as long as you were on the plan, back dated to december. If you
    >>>only joined in January, you obviously would not be refunded for december.
    >>>They were not providing any additional compensation.

    I cannot remember where I first heard this, but here's one NZ Herald
    article that mentions that Xtra Go Large customers will "receive a
    refund of at least $130."

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=137&objectid=10425244

    Broadband users on Telecom's Go Large service are in line to
    receive a refund of at least $130.

    Telecom has announced today they are crediting customers of
    the service for monthly plan charges incurred since last December.

    Another source states:

    Telecom said today it would credit all Go Large customers for
    monthly plan charges incurred since 8 December 2006, when the issue
    arose, through to the end of February 2007.

    For a customer who had been using the plan since December 8
    and was still on it, the credit was expected to be between $130 and
    $160.

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaystartimes/3970782a28.html

    >> I switched from the Explorer plan to Go Large the week before they
    >> started automatically upgrading Explorer customers. IIRC that was in
    >> late October. I made my first complaint to Xtra about Go Large in
    >> early December and filed an official complaint about it with the
    >> Commerce Commission in January. So, by anybody's calendar that's four
    >> months at $49.95 a month.
    >>

    >The refund only applies from something like the 8th of December, until a few
    >weeks ago. Therefore you were probably refunded the correct amount (eg the 1
    >and a bit months you were on the plan during that period.)

    Regarding dates, the following source states:

    As acknowledgement of this error we will be crediting
    customers for the monthly GO LARGE plan charges for the applicable
    time they have been on this service between 8 December 2006 and the
    end of February 2007.

    This credit will be applied automatically and will credited to
    customers' March or April Telecom bill. It will be listed as "Xtra
    Broadband GO LARGE credit" under the changes to previous balance
    section of the bill.

    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=432&theme=Printer

    By my reckoning that's two months + three weeks. And at $49.95 a month
    that's 137.37, not the 71.70 that was actually credited (which I
    mistakenly said was "something like $63" in my original post).
    Donchano, Mar 18, 2007
  7. Donchano

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:49:43 +1200, "Vista" <>
    > magnanimously proffered:
    >

    > > "Donchano" <> wrote in message
    > > > On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:19:42 +1300, "Vista"
    > > > <> magnanimously proffered:

    > I cannot remember where I first heard this, but here's one NZ Herald
    > article that mentions that Xtra Go Large customers will "receive a
    > refund of at least $130."
    >
    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=137&objectid=10425244
    >
    > Broadband users on Telecom's Go Large service are in line to
    > receive a refund of at least $130.
    >
    > Telecom has announced today they are crediting customers of
    > the service for monthly plan charges incurred since last December.
    >
    > Another source states:
    >
    > Telecom said today it would credit all Go Large customers for
    > monthly plan charges incurred since 8 December 2006, when the issue
    > arose, through to the end of February 2007.
    >
    > For a customer who had been using the plan since December 8
    > and was still on it, the credit was expected to be between $130 and
    > $160.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaystartimes/3970782a28.html
    >
    > > > I switched from the Explorer plan to Go Large the week before they
    > > > started automatically upgrading Explorer customers. IIRC that was
    > > > in late October. I made my first complaint to Xtra about Go Large
    > > > in early December and filed an official complaint about it with
    > > > the Commerce Commission in January. So, by anybody's calendar
    > > > that's four months at $49.95 a month.
    > > >

    > > The refund only applies from something like the 8th of December,
    > > until a few weeks ago. Therefore you were probably refunded the
    > > correct amount (eg the 1 and a bit months you were on the plan
    > > during that period.)

    > Regarding dates, the following source states:
    >
    > As acknowledgement of this error we will be crediting
    > customers for the monthly GO LARGE plan charges for the applicable
    > time they have been on this service between 8 December 2006 and the
    > end of February 2007.
    >
    > This credit will be applied automatically and will credited to
    > customers' March or April Telecom bill. It will be listed as "Xtra
    > Broadband GO LARGE credit" under the changes to previous balance
    > section of the bill.
    >
    > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=432&theme=Printer
    >
    > By my reckoning that's two months + three weeks. And at $49.95 a month
    > that's 137.37, not the 71.70 that was actually credited (which I
    > mistakenly said was "something like $63" in my original post).

    This page has changed since I bookmarked it the day the story broke:

    http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,8763,204548-203090,00.html

    It used to state the figure that was going to be refunded and, IIRC, it was
    around $130.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Mar 18, 2007
  8. Donchano

    Mike Guest

    Has this been paid out to everyone yet? Mine hasn't shown up on my
    bill yet - or do I need to wait till next month?

    Any info would be much apreciated..

    Mike, Mar 18, 2007