    Diogenes Guest

    I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
    range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

    Diogenes, Feb 11, 2007

  2. Diogenes

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Diogenes wrote:
    > I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
    > range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

    Yes.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Diogenes

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    "Diogenes" <> wrote:

    > I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
    > range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

    LOL, well I was with Xtra too and never used more than 8-9G a month but
    the "as fast as your line will allow" speed was between 74-82kb/s, ie
    not much faster the dial up.

    I am on an Orcon plan and I am getting 2Mb/s.

    Xtra/Relecom suck.

    whoisthis, Feb 11, 2007
  4. Diogenes

    iascoot Guest

    my partner is on go large, and her IP address has ALWAYS been in the
    125.* range

    she never downloads more than 700mb between 4pm and 12

    iascoot, Feb 12, 2007
  5. Diogenes

    Diogenes Guest

    On Feb 12, 6:53 pm, "iascoot" <> wrote:
    > my partner is on go large, and her IP address has ALWAYS been in the
    > 125.* range
    >
    > she never downloads more than 700mb between 4pm and 12

    I can't seem to find that XTRA reference to 700MB in that timeslot.
    Has it really vanished? URL someone?

    Diogenes, Feb 12, 2007
  6. Diogenes

    iascoot Guest

    i dont know if they actually list that figure on the site , but it was
    a number thats been mentioned in the past

    iascoot, Feb 12, 2007
  7. Diogenes

    David Guest

    iascoot wrote:
    > i dont know if they actually list that figure on the site , but it was
    > a number thats been mentioned in the past

    it's gone. now it's just anyone they deem as a heavy user.

    David, Feb 12, 2007
  8. "David" <> wrote in message
    > iascoot wrote:
    >> i dont know if they actually list that figure on the site , but it was
    >> a number thats been mentioned in the past
    >>

    > it's gone. now it's just anyone they deem as a heavy user.

    The 700M limit was removed on the 1st Jan 2007 as far as I could tell.

    Thanks
    Craig

    Craig Whitmore, Feb 12, 2007
  9. Diogenes

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <45d04296$>, David <> wrote:

    > iascoot wrote:
    > > i dont know if they actually list that figure on the site , but it was
    > > a number thats been mentioned in the past
    > >

    > it's gone. now it's just anyone they deem as a heavy user.

    ie everyone.

    whoisthis, Feb 12, 2007
  10. Diogenes

    Miguel Guest

    On Feb 13, 7:18 am, "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote:

    > The 700M limit was removed on the 1st Jan 2007 as far as I could tell.

    FWIW, it's still mentioned on the Actrix website (scroll to the bottom
    of the page)......

    http://www.actrix.co.nz/domestic/highspeed/cyberjet_moreinfo.php#golarge

    Maybe the page hasn't been updated. It's possible cos us Actrix Go
    Largers are the pariahs of the Actrix network. We're pretty much stuck
    in a corner and ignored.

    I'm going to get a t-shirt which says "125.***.***.*** and proud of
    it ".

    FTR, if anyone's interested, browsing sucks (dial-up speed), streaming
    sucks (have to cache, then watch/listen), I don't game but guess it
    would suck, no problems with email or nntp or p2p (90% of my usage).
    Running 24/7 with zero drop connections since last November (typical
    for Actrix) 1.5 to 2.5 GB up/down per day. Still a bargain at $50.

    Regards
    Miguel

    Miguel, Feb 12, 2007
  11. Diogenes

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Miguel wrote:
    > On Feb 13, 7:18 am, "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote:
    >
    > > The 700M limit was removed on the 1st Jan 2007 as far as I could
    > > tell.

    > FWIW, it's still mentioned on the Actrix website (scroll to the bottom
    > of the page)......
    >
    > http://www.actrix.co.nz/domestic/highspeed/cyberjet_moreinfo.php#golarge
    >
    > Maybe the page hasn't been updated. It's possible cos us Actrix Go
    > Largers are the pariahs of the Actrix network. We're pretty much stuck
    > in a corner and ignored.
    >
    > I'm going to get a t-shirt which says "125.***.***.*** and proud of
    > it ".
    >
    > FTR, if anyone's interested, browsing sucks (dial-up speed), streaming
    > sucks (have to cache, then watch/listen), I don't game but guess it
    > would suck, no problems with email or nntp or p2p (90% of my usage).
    > Running 24/7 with zero drop connections since last November (typical
    > for Actrix) 1.5 to 2.5 GB up/down per day. Still a bargain at $50.

    You're still on Go Large thru Actrix huh? Masochist. <g>

    I went back to Cyberjet and am *so* much happier. OK, I don't have
    'uncapped' downloading but it's pretty bloody quick at everything until I
    hit my cap. Go Large was a nightmare for me, many, many disconnects a day
    (Contrary to your experience) and really slow. Cyberjet is a breath of fresh
    air again. Been continuously connected for nearly a month and, even on a
    1GB/day plan (dropping to 64/64 after that) I'm still managing around
    1.8GB/day.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Feb 13, 2007
  12. Diogenes

    Miguel Guest

    On Feb 13, 1:57 pm, "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    > You're still on Go Large thru Actrix huh? Masochist. <g>

    Hi Shaun...It's the $20 a month saving that keeps me persevering.

    Lucky I'm just a leech and don't need all that much speed. I'm happy
    at a constant 32KB/s-ish (although the ads did say as fast as your
    line allows, which is about 420KB/s. Talk about false advertising)

    Regards
    Miguel

    Miguel, Feb 13, 2007
  13. Diogenes

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Feb 13, 4:33 pm, "Miguel" <> wrote:
    > Lucky I'm just a leech and don't need all that much speed. I'm happy
    > at a constant 32KB/s-ish (although the ads did say as fast as your
    > line allows, which is about 420KB/s. Talk about false advertising)

    Yeah I'm on Xtra Go Large and 32KB/s-ish is about my typical speed
    too. Occasionally it will jump as high as 100KB/s but not often. I'm
    actually reasonably happy with that speed and unlimited bandwidth.
    Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

    Chris Lim, Feb 13, 2007
  14. Diogenes

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Miguel wrote:
    > On Feb 13, 1:57 pm, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > You're still on Go Large thru Actrix huh? Masochist. <g>
    > >

    > Hi Shaun...It's the $20 a month saving that keeps me persevering.

    Yeah, that's hard to argue with.

    > Lucky I'm just a leech and don't need all that much speed. I'm happy
    > at a constant 32KB/s-ish (although the ads did say as fast as your
    > line allows, which is about 420KB/s. Talk about false advertising)

    The thing that got me was the constant drop-outs, up around 30/day, that *I*
    experienced with Go Large after changing from Cyberjet. Now that I'm back on
    Cyberjet (The 256/128/1GB plan) I've been constantly connected since
    half-way through last month. Actrix told me it was a tunneling problem, with
    Go Large my connection took a completly different path, beyond their
    control. Now I'm all good. :)

    Cheers Miguel,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Feb 13, 2007
  15. Diogenes

    dumbkiwi Guest

    On Feb 12, 12:06 am, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > Diogenes wrote:
    > > I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
    > > range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

    > Yes.

    So does that mean, having diligently kept my usage between 4-12pm to <
    700MB, I've been wasting my time. What the hell happened to some form
    of notification when they change the policy? My speeds on 125.*.*.*
    are ok, but I feel somewhat aggrieved that they unilaterally change
    the policy without telling anyone.

    dumbkiwi, Feb 17, 2007
  16. Diogenes

    ~misfit~ Guest

    dumbkiwi wrote:
    > On Feb 12, 12:06 am, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > > Diogenes wrote:
    > > > I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
    > > > range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

    > > Yes.

    > So does that mean, having diligently kept my usage between 4-12pm to <
    > 700MB, I've been wasting my time. What the hell happened to some form
    > of notification when they change the policy? My speeds on 125.*.*.*
    > are ok, but I feel somewhat aggrieved that they unilaterally change
    > the policy without telling anyone.

    Welcome to NZ telecommunications.

    I was on Go Large for a brief time, (less than a month,) and I diligently
    kept my 4-12pm usuage under /100/ MB and I still got thrown in the 125-bin
    after about three days. I was told it was probably because I used
    file-sharing applications, even though I didn't use them in said time
    period.

    "They" make no excuses or explainations, they do what they like.

    Reminds me of some French wench a few hundred years ago, who, when told that
    the populace were close to rebellion as they had no bread to eat replied
    "Then let them eat cake!"

    Instead they invented the guillotine.

    Telecom/Xtra have the same attitude. They're the only game in town. You
    don't like it? Whaddaya gonna do? Got a few million mates and a guillotine?

    Oh, to answer your question; Yes, you've been wasting your time. If you use
    any form of file sharing, including newsgroups, Xtra can use that as an
    excuse to put you in the bin. Actually, if you read the agreement, they
    don't need an excuse at all as the 125 pool isn't mentioned (AFAIK). You
    haven't been warned so you're still getting "all that your line will allow".
    The only problem is your line is connected to a bottleneck. Sorry, a *worse*
    bottleneck.

    Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings...
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Feb 18, 2007
  17. In article <>, "dumbkiwi" <> wrote:
    >On Feb 12, 12:06 am, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >> Diogenes wrote:
    >> > I've just learnt that I've an ip address beginning 125. Does that
    >> > range mean I'm for sure in the pit?

    >> Yes.

    >So does that mean, having diligently kept my usage between 4-12pm to <
    >700MB, I've been wasting my time. What the hell happened to some form
    >of notification when they change the policy? My speeds on 125.*.*.*
    >are ok, but I feel somewhat aggrieved that they unilaterally change
    >the policy without telling anyone.

    I think that, if you read the fine print in the agreement you never signed (
    : )) it will say something like "telecom agree to provide nothing at all;
    you the user must pay all accounts we send you".

    Best of luck :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 19, 2007