    them.
    Xtras status a page says, 'there are no MAJOR problems'. So is this
    considered a minor problem?

    Vista, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Vista

    k Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > Anyone know what is up with Xtras email at the moment. Emails aren't coming
    > through to my xtra email address, and when I have sent test emails from
    > another ISP, it takes 2 hours for them to be received by Xtra. I also have a
    > domain name email address set to forward to my xtra email address, and when
    > I send an email to it, it bounces back. My hosts says xtra are blocking
    > them.
    > Xtras status a page says, 'there are no MAJOR problems'. So is this
    > considered a minor problem?

    maybe they just don't know about it yet.. give them a ring and let them
    know? :)

    k, Dec 9, 2006

  3. Vista

    Vista Guest

    "k" <> wrote in message
    > Vista wrote:
    >> Anyone know what is up with Xtras email at the moment. Emails aren't
    >> coming through to my xtra email address, and when I have sent test emails
    >> from another ISP, it takes 2 hours for them to be received by Xtra. I
    >> also have a domain name email address set to forward to my xtra email
    >> address, and when I send an email to it, it bounces back. My hosts says
    >> xtra are blocking them.
    >> Xtras status a page says, 'there are no MAJOR problems'. So is this
    >> considered a minor problem?

    > maybe they just don't know about it yet.. give them a ring and let them
    > know? :)

    There is a message on their phone netwok message. You have to wonder why
    they don't put the announcement on their webpage. However it doean't address
    the email bounces from domain forwarders, and their technical people are not
    avaliable outside business hours to fix it.

    Vista, Dec 9, 2006
  4. Vista

    Vista Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know what is up with Xtras email at the moment. Emails aren't
    > coming through to my xtra email address, and when I have sent test emails
    > from another ISP, it takes 2 hours for them to be received by Xtra. I also
    > have a domain name email address set to forward to my xtra email address,
    > and when I send an email to it, it bounces back. My hosts says xtra are
    > blocking them.
    > Xtras status a page says, 'there are no MAJOR problems'. So is this
    > considered a minor problem?

    Whoops I mean it takes 24 hours to recieve emails, not 2 hours. 2 hours
    wouldn't be so bad.

    Vista, Dec 9, 2006
  5. Vista

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > Anyone know what is up with Xtras email at the moment. Emails aren't coming
    > through to my xtra email address, and when I have sent test emails from
    > another ISP, it takes 2 hours for them to be received by Xtra. I also have a
    > domain name email address set to forward to my xtra email address, and when
    > I send an email to it, it bounces back. My hosts says xtra are blocking
    > them.
    > Xtras status a page says, 'there are no MAJOR problems'. So is this
    > considered a minor problem?

    Xtra's e-mail servers are doing some weird things in response to normal
    SMTP requests. We've got a backlog sending to Xtra hosted sites and
    there's a number of other providers with the same issues.

    Stu Fleming, Dec 9, 2006
  6. Vista

    Rob Guest

    "Stu Fleming" <> wrote in message
    > Vista wrote:
    >> Anyone know what is up with Xtras email at the moment. Emails aren't
    >> coming through to my xtra email address, and when I have sent test emails
    >> from another ISP, it takes 2 hours for them to be received by Xtra. I
    >> also have a domain name email address set to forward to my xtra email
    >> address, and when I send an email to it, it bounces back. My hosts says
    >> xtra are blocking them.
    >> Xtras status a page says, 'there are no MAJOR problems'. So is this
    >> considered a minor problem?

    > Xtra's e-mail servers are doing some weird things in response to normal
    > SMTP requests. We've got a backlog sending to Xtra hosted sites and
    > there's a number of other providers with the same issues.

    Hope they fix its oon. I have had trouble with the domain forwarding for the
    last week, where the email that is sent to my domain email address is
    bounced back by the server, becasue Xtra has blocked access to the email
    server that is forwarding the email to xtra. I was told by XTra that they
    have had to install additional security software that they have been
    getting, which is causing the problems.

    Rob, Dec 9, 2006
  7. Vista

    Shane Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > "Stu Fleming" <> wrote in message
    >> Vista wrote:
    >>> Anyone know what is up with Xtras email at the moment. Emails aren't
    >>> coming through to my xtra email address, and when I have sent test
    >>> emails from another ISP, it takes 2 hours for them to be received by
    >>> Xtra. I also have a domain name email address set to forward to my xtra
    >>> email address, and when I send an email to it, it bounces back. My hosts
    >>> says xtra are blocking them.
    >>> Xtras status a page says, 'there are no MAJOR problems'. So is this
    >>> considered a minor problem?

    >> Xtra's e-mail servers are doing some weird things in response to normal
    >> SMTP requests. We've got a backlog sending to Xtra hosted sites and
    >> there's a number of other providers with the same issues.

    > Hope they fix its oon. I have had trouble with the domain forwarding for
    > the last week, where the email that is sent to my domain email address is
    > bounced back by the server, becasue Xtra has blocked access to the email
    > server that is forwarding the email to xtra. I was told by XTra that they
    > have had to install additional security software that they have been
    > getting, which is causing the problems.

    From their status page http://xtra.co.nz/help

    Network
    Status
    There is currently 1 known problem with the Xtra Network
    Unscheduled Event

    Products Affected:
    Broadband
    Dial-up
    Areas Affected:
    Nationwide
    System(s) Affected:
    Receiving Email
    System(s) Response:
    Intermittent
    Current Status:
    Investigating
    Resolution Expected:
    Unknown

    --
    Fry: It's all lies, every word of it. He wasn't original, he wasn't a
    martian, he wasn't Philip Fry, and since when is he a "the"?

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Dec 9, 2006
  8. Vista

    Rob Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > Rob wrote:
    >

    >> "Stu Fleming" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Xtra's e-mail servers are doing some weird things in response to normal
    >>> SMTP requests. We've got a backlog sending to Xtra hosted sites and
    >>> there's a number of other providers with the same issues.

    >> Hope they fix its oon. I have had trouble with the domain forwarding for
    >> the last week, where the email that is sent to my domain email address is
    >> bounced back by the server, becasue Xtra has blocked access to the email
    >> server that is forwarding the email to xtra. I was told by XTra that they
    >> have had to install additional security software that they have been
    >> getting, which is causing the problems.

    > From their status page http://xtra.co.nz/help
    >

    > Network
    > Status
    > There is currently 1 known problem with the Xtra Network
    > Unscheduled Event
    >
    > Products Affected:
    > Broadband
    > Dial-up
    > Areas Affected:
    > Nationwide
    > System(s) Affected:
    > Receiving Email
    > System(s) Response:
    > Intermittent
    > Current Status:
    > Investigating
    > Resolution Expected:
    > Unknown
    >

    > --
    > Fry: It's all lies, every word of it. He wasn't original, he wasn't a
    > martian, he wasn't Philip Fry, and since when is he a "the"?
    > Bender: You're twice the "the" he ever was.
    >
    > blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Took them a while to post something, however it has been going on for days.

    Rob, Dec 9, 2006
  9. Vista

    CM Guest

    As much as I am an advocate of Xtra I just get my Xtra mail forwarded
    to Gmail. The fact they only give you 100MB of storage sucks,
    especially when Yahoo and Hotmail give you 1GB and with Gmail you get
    close to 3GB.

    CM, Dec 9, 2006