    There in the spam folder were half a dozen emails that were not spam
    and would previously have got through to me.

    I wonder how many xtra users at this moment are missing out on emails?

    noddy, Aug 23, 2007

  2. noddy

    John Guest

    "noddy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Over the last weekend I got bombarded with spam through my xtra
    > account.
    > Yesterday I failed to get an expected email at my xtra address. Sender
    > by phone comfirmed it has been dispatched so I decided to use xtra
    > webmail to see if it was stuck on the server somehow.
    > Found that old xtra webmail which was never that great has been
    > superceded by this yahoo bubble consumer oriented rubbish.
    > After working out how to register with yahoo and then with xtra
    > buibble again which at one stage involved getting caught in an
    > unending loop of responding to email address verifications I finally
    > got through to my mails.
    > There in the spam folder were half a dozen emails that were not spam
    > and would previously have got through to me.
    >
    > I wonder how many xtra users at this moment are missing out on emails?

    Lots

    John, Aug 23, 2007

  3. noddy

    none Guest

    noddy wrote:
    > I wonder how many xtra users at this moment are missing out on emails?

    Wonder how many threads/news bulletins/paper articles already exist on
    this topic?

    none, Aug 23, 2007
  4. noddy

    thingy Guest

    John wrote:
    > "noddy" <> wrote in message
    >> Over the last weekend I got bombarded with spam through my xtra
    >> account.
    >> Yesterday I failed to get an expected email at my xtra address. Sender
    >> by phone comfirmed it has been dispatched so I decided to use xtra
    >> webmail to see if it was stuck on the server somehow.
    >> Found that old xtra webmail which was never that great has been
    >> superceded by this yahoo bubble consumer oriented rubbish.
    >> After working out how to register with yahoo and then with xtra
    >> buibble again which at one stage involved getting caught in an
    >> unending loop of responding to email address verifications I finally
    >> got through to my mails.
    >> There in the spam folder were half a dozen emails that were not spam
    >> and would previously have got through to me.
    >>
    >> I wonder how many xtra users at this moment are missing out on emails?
    >>

    > Lots

    hot to loose customers....morons....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Aug 23, 2007
  5. noddy

    noddy Guest

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:09:53 +1200, none <> wrote:

    >noddy wrote:
    >> I wonder how many xtra users at this moment are missing out on emails?

    >Wonder how many threads/news bulletins/paper articles already exist on
    >this topic?

    Actually I did have a look around but could not find any.
    I was surprised not to find a thread here on this specific issue.
    Am I missing something? Could you you point me to a thread news item
    or article?
    Thanks

    noddy, Aug 23, 2007
  6. noddy

    John Guest

    www.pressf1.co.nz

    John, Aug 23, 2007
  7. noddy

    brazen Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message

    > "noddy" <> wrote in message
    >> Over the last weekend I got bombarded with spam through my xtra
    >> account.
    >> Yesterday I failed to get an expected email at my xtra address. Sender
    >> by phone comfirmed it has been dispatched so I decided to use xtra
    >> webmail to see if it was stuck on the server somehow.
    >> Found that old xtra webmail which was never that great has been
    >> superceded by this yahoo bubble consumer oriented rubbish.
    >> After working out how to register with yahoo and then with xtra
    >> buibble again which at one stage involved getting caught in an
    >> unending loop of responding to email address verifications I finally
    >> got through to my mails.
    >> There in the spam folder were half a dozen emails that were not spam
    >> and would previously have got through to me.
    >>
    >> I wonder how many xtra users at this moment are missing out on emails?
    >>

    > Lots

    Not only are they getting spam snatched, I suspect a lot are not even
    getting that far - Yahoo are refusing to deliver them. All mails to any of
    our Yahoo customers are being bounced. They seem to think that they know
    what mail you will and wont get, not you.

    I've tried to get through to Yahoo tech support, but while they say a
    customer representative will be back to you in 24 hours, its not true, you
    dont get a reply at all.

    Great service!! I wouldnt go *anywhere* near Yahoo, myself.

    Gay

    brazen, Aug 23, 2007
  8. noddy

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:15:56 +1200, thingy <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >John wrote:
    >> "noddy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Over the last weekend I got bombarded with spam through my xtra
    >>> account.
    >>> Yesterday I failed to get an expected email at my xtra address. Sender
    >>> by phone comfirmed it has been dispatched so I decided to use xtra
    >>> webmail to see if it was stuck on the server somehow.
    >>> Found that old xtra webmail which was never that great has been
    >>> superceded by this yahoo bubble consumer oriented rubbish.
    >>> After working out how to register with yahoo and then with xtra
    >>> buibble again which at one stage involved getting caught in an
    >>> unending loop of responding to email address verifications I finally
    >>> got through to my mails.
    >>> There in the spam folder were half a dozen emails that were not spam
    >>> and would previously have got through to me.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder how many xtra users at this moment are missing out on emails?
    >>>

    >> Lots
    >>

    >hot to loose customers....morons....

    What can I say ... except GO LARGE!

    Donchano, Aug 23, 2007
  9. noddy

    none Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > hot to loose customers....morons....

    Unfortunately not, apathy reigns.

    Sure everyone grizzles, moans, and the media jump all over it...

    And in a few days time, it all settles, no one leaves them, and the
    status quo goes on.

    none, Aug 23, 2007
  10. noddy

    EMB Guest

    brazen wrote:

    > Not only are they getting spam snatched, I suspect a lot are not even
    > getting that far - Yahoo are refusing to deliver them. All mails to any of
    > our Yahoo customers are being bounced. They seem to think that they know
    > what mail you will and wont get, not you.

    Are the MX records for your domain name correctly set?

    EMB, Aug 23, 2007
  11. noddy

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <46cd28d9$>, says...
    > brazen wrote:
    >
    > > Not only are they getting spam snatched, I suspect a lot are not even
    > > getting that far - Yahoo are refusing to deliver them. All mails to any of
    > > our Yahoo customers are being bounced. They seem to think that they know
    > > what mail you will and wont get, not you.

    > Are the MX records for your domain name correctly set?

    Yes.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Aug 23, 2007
  12. noddy

    brazen Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message news:46cd28d9$...
    > brazen wrote:
    >
    >> Not only are they getting spam snatched, I suspect a lot are not even
    >> getting that far - Yahoo are refusing to deliver them. All mails to any
    >> of our Yahoo customers are being bounced. They seem to think that they
    >> know what mail you will and wont get, not you.

    > Are the MX records for your domain name correctly set?

    I presume so as I dont have any problems with anyone else - what can be set
    wrong?

    Gay

    brazen, Aug 23, 2007
  13. noddy

    EMB Guest

    brazen wrote:
    > "EMB" <> wrote in message news:46cd28d9$...
    >> brazen wrote:
    >>
    >>> Not only are they getting spam snatched, I suspect a lot are not even
    >>> getting that far - Yahoo are refusing to deliver them. All mails to any
    >>> of our Yahoo customers are being bounced. They seem to think that they
    >>> know what mail you will and wont get, not you.

    >> Are the MX records for your domain name correctly set?

    > I presume so as I dont have any problems with anyone else - what can be set
    > wrong?

    I assume you use mta.netsmart.co.nz (as per the MX record for
    brazen.co.nz) as your smtp server? If you don't then anyone checking
    back for MX records is likely to dismiss mail you send as spam coming
    from a server does not "belong" to brazen.co.nz

    EMB, Aug 23, 2007
  14. In message <>, EMB wrote:

    > brazen wrote:
    >
    > I assume you use mta.netsmart.co.nz (as per the MX record for
    > brazen.co.nz) as your smtp server? If you don't then anyone checking
    > back for MX records is likely to dismiss mail you send...

    What's an MX record _for_ a domain got to do with mail coming _from_ that
    domain?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 23, 2007
  15. noddy

    Geopelia Guest

    I seem to be getting emails all right with Outlook Express, but I suspect
    the computer shop has changed OE 7 back to 6.
    It goes straight in to Outlook Express when I start, without that blue page
    that says which version it is, and I can't find anywhere in Start or the
    Control Panel that would tell me.

    I'm not getting much spam now and no dirty pictures for a while, so they
    must have got that fixed.

    The newsgroups are working normally with aioe.

    I can't make head or tail of this new Yahoo, but I never used it much
    anyway.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Aug 23, 2007
  16. noddy

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >I seem to be getting emails all right with Outlook Express, but I suspect
    >the computer shop has changed OE 7 back to 6.
    > It goes straight in to Outlook Express when I start, without that blue
    > page that says which version it is, and I can't find anywhere in Start or
    > the Control Panel that would tell me.
    >
    > I'm not getting much spam now and no dirty pictures for a while, so they
    > must have got that fixed.
    >
    > The newsgroups are working normally with aioe.
    >
    > I can't make head or tail of this new Yahoo, but I never used it much
    > anyway.
    >
    > Geopelia

    You can check the version of any program, Geo, by hitting help at the top,
    and about **e.g.** Outlook express...

    Tony in Oz, Aug 23, 2007
  17. noddy

    Geopelia Guest

    "Tony in Oz" <> wrote in message

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>I seem to be getting emails all right with Outlook Express, but I suspect
    >>the computer shop has changed OE 7 back to 6.
    >> It goes straight in to Outlook Express when I start, without that blue
    >> page that says which version it is, and I can't find anywhere in Start or
    >> the Control Panel that would tell me.
    >>
    >> I'm not getting much spam now and no dirty pictures for a while, so they
    >> must have got that fixed.
    >>
    >> The newsgroups are working normally with aioe.
    >>
    >> I can't make head or tail of this new Yahoo, but I never used it much
    >> anyway.
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > You can check the version of any program, Geo, by hitting help at the top,
    > and about **e.g.** Outlook express...

    Thank you. It says I have Outlook Express 6. That's a nuisance, I had 7
    when the computer went in to the shop.

    Geopelia, Aug 23, 2007
  18. noddy

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Tony in Oz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>>I seem to be getting emails all right with Outlook Express, but I suspect
    >>>the computer shop has changed OE 7 back to 6.
    >>> It goes straight in to Outlook Express when I start, without that blue
    >>> page that says which version it is, and I can't find anywhere in Start
    >>> or the Control Panel that would tell me.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not getting much spam now and no dirty pictures for a while, so they
    >>> must have got that fixed.
    >>>
    >>> The newsgroups are working normally with aioe.
    >>>
    >>> I can't make head or tail of this new Yahoo, but I never used it much
    >>> anyway.
    >>>
    >>> Geopelia

    >> You can check the version of any program, Geo, by hitting help at the
    >> top, and about **e.g.** Outlook express...
    >>

    > Thank you. It says I have Outlook Express 6. That's a nuisance, I had 7
    > when the computer went in to the shop.

    Are you talking Outlook express, or Internet explorer, Geo? I don't think
    there is Outlook express 6 yet, I certainly can't find it on the net,
    however Internet explorer 7 is well established.

    Tony in Oz, Aug 24, 2007
  19. noddy

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Tony in Oz" <> wrote in message > there is Outlook express 6
    yet, I certainly can't find it on >

    Sorry, that should be OE 7. OE only ghos to Vrsion 6, unless someone else
    knows of version 7.

    Tony in Oz, Aug 24, 2007
  20. noddy

    Geoff Guest

    Tony in Oz wrote:
    > Are you talking Outlook express, or Internet explorer, Geo? I don't
    > think there is Outlook express 6 yet, I certainly can't find it on
    > the net, however Internet explorer 7 is well established.

    Sure is OE6 . I'm using it now. Came withIE7 maybe ?

    geoff

    Geoff, Aug 24, 2007